Cannot share Game between profiles on same console

Discus and support Cannot share Game between profiles on same console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased minecraft on my profile via download. I want my son to be able to play the game without him logging into his account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by no1nos, Apr 27, 2015.

1. no1nos
    no1nos Guest

Hello, I recently purchased minecraft on my profile via download. I want my son to be able to play the game without him logging into his account. However, when he logs in with his profile (this is on the same console), it loads the trial version of the game
    instead of the full version. I was under the impression that games downloaded on a console should be accessible by all profiles on that console?

:)

no1nos, Apr 27, 2015
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    xbox music

Sorry but you cannot share an xbox music account between profiles.

However, if you have an Xbox One and an Xbox 360 a gamertag can be signed into both consoles at the same time.

onyxishere, Apr 27, 2015
  3. AlpCCP
    AlpCCP Guest
    QUESTION !!!

Map Packs for games cannot usually be shared with profiles on the same console. Some people may find they are able to, this is a glitch in the system. Most popular instance is Call of Duty games. The system is not supposed to allow you to share map pack
    usage between accounts on the same console, but sometimes a glitch lets you.

AlpCCP, Apr 27, 2015
  4. no1nos
    no1nos Guest

I figured out what happened. all my content was transferred from another xbox360 console that died. Not sure why it would still let my profile play it or just give some sort of warning, but here is what I had to do.

Step 1 - Transfer the content license from my old console to my new console by following these steps:

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Step 2 - Redownload ALL my games, addons, etc. (like 100GB for me, thx MSFT) . The easiest way to do this is to follow these instructions:

support.xbox.com/.../redownload-content

no1nos, Apr 27, 2015
  5. no1nos Win User

I figured out what happened. all my content was transferred from another xbox360 console that died. Not sure why it would still let my profile play it or just give some sort of warning, but here is what I had to do.

Step 1 - Transfer the content license from my old console to my new console by following these steps:

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Step 2 - Redownload ALL my games, addons, etc. (like 100GB for me, thx MSFT) . The easiest way to do this is to follow these instructions:

support.xbox.com/.../redownload-content
  6. AlpCCP Win User

QUESTION !!!

Map Packs for games cannot usually be shared with profiles on the same console. Some people may find they are able to, this is a glitch in the system. Most popular instance is Call of Duty games. The system is not supposed to allow you to share map pack
    usage between accounts on the same console, but sometimes a glitch lets you.
  7. ngocphi Win User

Black Ops DLC and region errors

nope nothing can be transfered between profiles only dlc when used on the same purchasing console can be shared

however your UK profile can use the content but cannot purchase it
  8. Mister Fitzer Win User

Halo reach campaign loading

I'm sorry, but game saves cannot be shared between profiles.
  9. onyxishere Win User

xbox music

Sorry but you cannot share an xbox music account between profiles.

However, if you have an Xbox One and an Xbox 360 a gamertag can be signed into both consoles at the same time.
Thema:

1. Cannot share Game between profiles on same console - Similar Threads - Cannot share Game

2. Cannot share save files between MGS HD Edition (Digital) and MGS HD Collection (retail)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot share save files between MGS HD Edition (Digital) and MGS HD Collection (retail): Thanks to Game Pass, I have access to MGS 2&3 on my console. The thing is, i already owned the disks for the collection and have saved games with them. The problem is, after installing the Game...
  3. Cannot share game pass ultimate on pc with my family

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot share game pass ultimate on pc with my family: Hello I would like to know how I can share my Game Pass Ultimate subscription on PC with members of my family. Game pass works on pc for the account I purchased the subscription with but it...
  4. Xbox live Gold sharing, can play online but cannot play Games with Gold games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live Gold sharing, can play online but cannot play Games with Gold games: Hello there, A friend and I were sharing the xbox live gold but when my turn was over and when he paid for the service, I can't play with my GwG games anymore. The system tells me that it seems...
  5. Cannot share Movies & TV with family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot share Movies & TV with family account: This is not the first post on this subject and all I find are locked topics with moderators telling us that they are locking the post because it has been revived elsewhere... without a link to...
  6. Please help. Cannot share gold account on home xbox with child account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help. Cannot share gold account on home xbox with child account.: We have 2 Xbox One's in our house, A model S and a model X. I am the parent account of my 2 kids accounts. Boy and Girl. The Boy has an active Xbox gold subscription and his home Xbox is the...
  7. Cannot share game with family member

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot share game with family member: When on Windows 8.1 I had purchased the Bejeweled Live game for my wife. It installed fine on her computer, and on mine, though I rarely use it. We've now moved to Windows 10 and I just set up a...
  8. Game share broken, purchase shows up as in progress so friend cannot download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game share broken, purchase shows up as in progress so friend cannot download...: I have been on xbox customer support for ages now, useless...I look for somewhere i can put an official complaint in....cant find anything... what do I do? I purchased Just cause 3 when it was...
  9. UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ...: When I first tried to help a couple folks with this, we thought it might be a NAT or internet issue (their NAT were strict or moderate). However, I just tried this out today and my NAT is open...
  10. Certain game clips won't upload to smart glass and cannot be shared

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain game clips won't upload to smart glass and cannot be shared: Hi all Recorded about ten clips last night on GTA online on xbox one. They were all done online through the mic, for some reason though the first 5 appeared on smart glass and the second 5...