Cannot share Movies & TV with family account

Discus and support Cannot share Movies & TV with family account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is not the first post on this subject and all I find are locked topics with moderators telling us that they are locking the post because it has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ortha3, May 14, 2019.

1. Ortha3
    Ortha3 Guest

This is not the first post on this subject and all I find are locked topics with moderators telling us that they are locking the post because it has been revived elsewhere... without a link to WHERE... hint hint moderators... it might help clean up the boards.

It seems the ONLY thing I am unable to share fully on my family account through my Xbox is my Movies & TV purchases. This needs to be rectified. There are movies purchased specifically for the children which are NOT part of Movies Anywhere due to current
    DRM restrictions yet they have to log into MY account to view the movies.

I am listed as the owner of that console in order for the family to be able to share the purchased games, et al on the living room console and I use my bedroom console to do my own thing (watch Netflix, game, etc.) I cannot do so, effectively rendering a
    $600.00 piece of hardware useless to me since I cannot be logged into 2 Xbox One consoles at the same time and the Xbox 360 is no longer working for me to move it to the living room specifically for this purpose.

There needs to be a way to share these purchases amongst the family just as there is to share practically EVERYTHING else using the console.

:)

Ortha3, May 14, 2019
  2. Ortha3 Win User

I attempted to follow your link and it would appear that it is no longer available
  3. Alucario Ultra Win User

4. IIII Modz IIII Win User

xbox Live Gold

Hello there,

I would recommend you get Xbox family subscription, unfortunately it's not available in your country.

Each account on the Xbox has it's on Gold subscription, your cannot share gold membership.

You cannot share gold membership between to account.

But you can find some promotional offer's (Gold membership offers) on the dashboard just keep looking.

Good luck!
  5. onyxishere Win User

Home Gold

1. You can add other members to your Family on the console to share the gold membership. Go to Settings and scroll right to Add to Family then follow the instructions.

2. There are child restrictions to younger accounts. The parent can adjust them as needed

3. The shared Gold on the X1 cannot be shared on the 360. Each tag would need their own Gold membership for that account.

4. The cost of Gold memberships vary by retailer but are usually priced between $40 - $60.
  6. ETERNAL CHAMP85 Win User

Why did party mode on Netflix have to go?

Party mode was also in zune but everyone in the party had to rent or buy the movie or tv show put that same thing in xbox video but let the host share it with the party. Microsoft was about to have game sharing since we cant share our games at least let
    us share our movies in our video apps
Thema:

1. Cannot share Movies & TV with family account - Similar Threads - Cannot share Movies

2. Please help. Cannot share gold account on home xbox with child account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help. Cannot share gold account on home xbox with child account.: We have 2 Xbox One's in our house, A model S and a model X. I am the parent account of my 2 kids accounts. Boy and Girl. The Boy has an active Xbox gold subscription and his home Xbox is the...
  3. XBOX ONE - Network Manager 10 App - cannot access shared network location!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE - Network Manager 10 App - cannot access shared network location!?: I've always wanted to have access from my PC shared media content to my XBOX ONE, listen and watch movies through this method, but somehow doesn't seem to find or cannot connect to my PC's shared...
  4. Cannot share videos uploaded from Upload Studio if voiceover is included

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot share videos uploaded from Upload Studio if voiceover is included: Split from this thread. I've been facing the same problem. Can't find a fix either. If I upload without a voiceover it's sharable, but with one I get the same error message each time suggesting...
  5. Problem Upload Studio - Cannot share clips after adding voice-over! PLEASE HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem Upload Studio - Cannot share clips after adding voice-over! PLEASE HELP!: Hi! I already contacted the Support, no solution The problem: after adding voice-over at a clip I cannot share it. I use the MS chat-headset (that came with the Xbox) and comment the clip,...
  6. Cannot share some Edited videos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot share some Edited videos: Hello! I recently discovered a really bad problem, after editing my videos with studio upload and sending them to xbox live, I could not even share the one drive or message, an error message...
  7. I share "home xbox" whitn my cousin. And i cannot play fifa 18.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I share "home xbox" whitn my cousin. And i cannot play fifa 18.: I have an xbox one which I share "home xbox" with my cousin. When I try to play Fifa 18, the system tell me that is not my aplication, when I try do the home xbox again, the xbox told me that i do...
  8. Cannot Share Xbox Live For Some Reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Share Xbox Live For Some Reason: I just got a new xbox for my brother and want to share my games and Xbox live so I set the new xbox as the home Xbox for my xbox live account and then logged into his already existing account on...
  9. Cannot share videos after editing with UPLOAD STUDIO and adding voiceover...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot share videos after editing with UPLOAD STUDIO and adding voiceover...: Not sure if this is happening with anyone else, or it might just be purposefully restricted by Microsoft with a very vague error message... But when I edit a video using the UPLOAD STUDIO app I...
  10. Cannot file share with my brother

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot file share with my brother: hi I was trying to file share with my brother because we both split the money to buy a game and it's now telling me that i can't make his Xbox my home Xbox. Now me and him don't know what to do....