Cannot sign in to 360 after changing gamertag on Xbox One

Discus and support Cannot sign in to 360 after changing gamertag on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, My husband changed his gamertag on xbox one a few years back. We decided to hook up our 360 last night and came to discover that on the sign... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sacred Ryche, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Sacred Ryche
    Sacred Ryche Guest

Hi all,

My husband changed his gamertag on xbox one a few years back. We decided to hook up our 360 last night and came to discover that on the sign in screen, his old gamertag is still associated to his account and we get an error that it cannot sign in and to
    download his account. I hate to admit that I don't know what xbox is talking about. Do we have to delete the account on the 360 and lose all his achievements and sign in with the new one?

I'm at a loss. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

:)

Sacred Ryche, Oct 26, 2020
  2. The Resistance Win User

Moved country but can't change a account settings

You cannot change the country that your Gamertag was entered when you went through the creation process. For example, you cannot change from the UK Dashboard that has UK content etc to the New Zealand dashboard with a Gamertag. Your gamertag will remain
    as it was in the UK.

You can sign into Passport.net and go into the Account Management and change your Local to New Zealand. However like I have mentioned above, everything on your XBOX 360 and the Xbox LIVE Dashboard will remain the UK.
  3. onyxishere Win User

xbox music

Sorry but you cannot share an xbox music account between profiles.

However, if you have an Xbox One and an Xbox 360 a gamertag can be signed into both consoles at the same time.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Diablo 3 character and setting up an xbox live account

Sorry but since the 360 account is not a Live account you cannot move the character.

However, what you can do is Join live from your logged in gamertag on the Xbox 360 console. You will need to attach an email/password to the tag. At that time it will create a new gamertag for you (you can change it once for free).

Then log in to the Xbox One with that gamertag's credentials. After that you should be able to migrate the character over.
  5. TkDD-D02A4B6B-7DEA-4 Win User

Can't Swap Microsoft Accounts - multiple errors

So after speaking with support, here's all the reasons why you might be unable to swap accounts (mine was that I recovered my account onto the xbox one). Seems a little excessive, and silly if you ask me.

- After you create an Xbox Live gamertag, you cannot change the Microsoft account that is associated with the gamertag for 30 days.

- After you create a new Microsoft account and associate the new Microsoft account with your gamertag, you cannot change the account again for 30 days.

- The new Microsoft account cannot have been associated with any other gamertag or billing account in the last 30 days.

- You cannot change the Microsoft account that is associated with a profile if the profile has been recovered to a new device in the last 30 days.

- The 30 day waiting period starts again each time you recover your gamertag to a new device.

- Only one Microsoft account change is allowed in a 30-day period (one change per gamertag). If you recently changed your Microsoft account, you won't be able to change the Microsoft account again until 30 days have passed.

- You must also wait 30 days after the profile was recovered from Xbox LIVE to a console before changing the Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed after recovering the gamertag.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Poss bug in gamertag change script on Gold family plans

thats not how xbox live works

you cannot be signed into two accounts at the same time on the account management

the gamertag screen change does not transfer between accounts

you cannot purchase the gamertag change from his account

you must goto your account purchase the 800 ms points

there is no workflow this is not computer science

this isn't a graph

you can only be in one account and make account changes on one account from one controller

you would have to click on your controller and sign in on the primary

then purchase the ms points

then allowance the account

then you can either sign out and sign into his account or on his controller click the guide button and sign into his own account and then goto account management to perform the gamertag change

either way it still requires you to sign out
Thema:

1. Cannot sign in to 360 after changing gamertag on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Cannot sign 360

2. I Cannot Sign In my Xbox, No error message

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Cannot Sign In my Xbox, No error message: So It started one day I was playing gears 5, kept getting an error message saying "Can't connect to gears of war services" So i kept trying to figure it out, then i hit up tech support, they ran...
  3. Cannot sign in to Xbox no matter what I do.

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox no matter what I do.: So... Xbox... Why did you have to implement a broken account system? I'm trying to sign in yet it sends me to some support page telling that I need to do some weird family security forum. I don't...
  4. Cannot load game RiME. Get a message saying owner needs to sign in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot load game RiME. Get a message saying owner needs to sign in.: Hello, I get this message when I try to play RiME on my Xbox: For this, the owner needs to sign in if this is a trial game or app that expired, buy it from the Microsoft store. it returns an...
  5. Comcast: Xbox 360 cannot connect to any of my apps says not signed in

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: Xbox 360 cannot connect to any of my apps says not signed in: Comcast (ISPs): Xbox 360 cannot connect to any of my apps says not signed in try removing the account from the console, clear the console cache, and then re-adding the account...
  6. Got randomly signed out of 360 YouTube app and cannot sign in again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got randomly signed out of 360 YouTube app and cannot sign in again: As title. I got signed out after a couple of hours of inactivity. I have gone through the activation process multiple times as well as reinstalling the app multiple times. I have checked my...
  7. Cannot sign into profile when playing downloaded Xbox 360 compatible games on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot sign into profile when playing downloaded Xbox 360 compatible games on Xbox One: Hi all, After a long, unproductive talk with Xbox support, I'm curious if anyone here can help me. Basically, I'm trying to play Gears of War: Judgement, one of the three Xbox 360 titles I got...
  8. I cannot sign in to my account on Xbox 360 but I can on other devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my account on Xbox 360 but I can on other devices: My account is just used as the parent to my son who uses the Xbox 360 with his own account. I initially had no problems and I would put in my password to accept friend requests etc. However, over...
  9. Cannot sign in via XBox 360 keep getting error after a second.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in via XBox 360 keep getting error after a second.: I have repeatedly changed passwords , cleared caches and even just deleted my profile and tried to get the damned thing to login. NOPE. NOTHING. Oh but if I do it with my Xbox One it asks for a...
  10. I cannot sign in to my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my Xbox 360: So after a while I had come back to play my Xbox 360 and it asked me to give my email and password to allow them to check and update the security on my profile, but when I gave the email it said...