Cannot uninstall Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Discus and support Cannot uninstall Halo: The Master Chief Collection in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have the Halo: The Master Chief Collection installed on my PC. It used to work fine but when I tried to launch it today it gave an error: Something... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ---gd4e, May 23, 2020.

1. ---gd4e
    ---gd4e Guest

I have the Halo: The Master Chief Collection installed on my PC. It used to work fine but when I tried to launch it today it gave an error: Something to do with being offline. I found the game in the Microsoft Store and clicked the repair button. After doing
    this Windows no longer sees the game files. I cannot find the game in search or see it in Add or Remove Programs despite it still taking up over 60 GB of my drive.

In the Microsoft Store there is an update pending for the Master Chief Collection but it will not start downloading. The Store gives me the option to reinstall the game but if I try it gives this error "Before you can install this add-on, you need to install
    the app or game that it works with. Code: 0x80073D12"

I have updated Windows, updated all apps in the Store (apart from the MCC update that won't download) cleared the store cache, reinstalled the store. The outcome is unchanged.

Does anyone know how I can get my 60+ GB of drive space back short of formatting and completely reinstalling Windows?

:)

---gd4e, May 23, 2020
  2. onyxishere Win User

Add Halo 3 to Xbox One

3. Mad Cow Dizease Win User
  4. Tzar of kaos Win User

Halo MCC Previous Halo 3 Items

By the way On You Tube Halo channel :"Halo Master Chief Collection dev panel-SDCC"

Halo full panel about Master Chief Collection.

Enjoy.
  5. Daxx Armetrius Win User

Xbox One dimming while watching Netflix

Issue just occurred on my XBOX One.

The only difference between yesterday and today:

Uninstalled Halo Master Chief Collection

Uninstalled Elite:Dangerous

Installed Mass Effect.
  6. Lofty Who Win User

Halo: The Master Chief Collection to be bundled with Xbox One for free

Thema:

1. Cannot uninstall Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall Halo

2. Cannot download game after uninstalling

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download game after uninstalling: So recently I uninstalled The Outer Worlds from gamepass to help resolve an issue but when I try to reinstall the game, the progress bar fills up instantly and still shows the "install" button....
  3. How to Uninstall Minecraft Beta when you cannot access Xbox Insider Hub

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Uninstall Minecraft Beta when you cannot access Xbox Insider Hub: I'm trying to uninstall Minecraft Beta version on my daughter's Windows 10 laptop. I looked on Xbox help and it said to install Xbox Insider Hub, but it won't let me open the app because my...
  4. Cannot play Battlefield I or uninstall it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Battlefield I or uninstall it: I started downloading Battlefield I when I had Gold membership. I paused it. Then I restarted the downloading later, but was unable to use it as my gold membership expired. It stayed in my "ready...
  5. Cannot install Sea of Thieves on PC after uninstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Sea of Thieves on PC after uninstalling: My PC did a windows update and after that my Sea of Thieves will not launch. It gets to the grey screen and then crashes. I followed all steps that Rare had posted for troubleshooting and that did...
  6. Cannot uninstall dlc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot uninstall dlc: So I’m trying to uninstall the Ashes of Ariandel dlc for Dark Souls 3 but it will not let me. Every time I press on “uninstall all” it will not delete it, it just exits out of the message prompt...
  7. App cannot finish installing, nor can it uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App cannot finish installing, nor can it uninstall: Hi, Trying to download the NBC Sports Live Extra app. Download stalled for apparently hours at 74%. I can't get it to resume, nor can I uninstall the app. I have attempted the hard restart/power...
  8. Downloaded Minecraft , Uninstalled for storage reasons , now cannot install . It says I have ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloaded Minecraft , Uninstalled for storage reasons , now cannot install . It says I have ...: So last year I downloaded Minecraft , After a while I ran out of storage , So I uninstalled it. Now I would like to install it but I cannot as it says '' Buy'' instead of ''download''. Please...
  9. Cannot uninstall game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot uninstall game?: I cannot uninstall a game (far cry 4) It lets me uninstall the DLC, when I try to uninstall the game the typical uninstall message appears but after that nothing happens, the game stays there yet...
  10. Cannot uninstall game betas on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot uninstall game betas on Xbox one: I am trying to uminstall resident evil 7 and ghost recon wildlands (both of which are betas that I did not install). I go to my games and apps, highlight them, hit uninstall, but then nothing...