Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required

Discus and support Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN CONSOLE INFO. So I am the primary account holder on my families xbox one console. My gamertag and passkey... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LaughnJar, Aug 20, 2019.

1. LaughnJar
    LaughnJar Guest

Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required

DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN CONSOLE INFO.

So I am the primary account holder on my families xbox one console. My gamertag and passkey have been setup (over four years ago). I have always been able to access MY OWN CONSOLE INFORMATION-AS IN THE CONSOLE I PAID TO OWN, BOUGHT BRAND NEW , SET UP,
    USED FROM DAY 1 AND HAVE PAID FOR EXISTING ACTIVE CONTENT AND SUBSCRIPTIONS- by entering just my passkey.

Until a year ago -yes it is protracted as my son can still access his child account via passkey only method. And I had more pressing issues to deal with than playing video games. Until now. And I am being denied access see below:

When I attempt to access the console settings under my gamer tag and passkey, I get sent a popup requiring me to sign into my outlook account. No big deal right? Until Jan 2018 when I was told by Microsoft to create a new password AND WAS PRACTICALLY ENCOURAHED
    TO SET UP 2 STEP VERIFICATION FOR SAID ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD, had not been lost. As was the security code. Which due to 2 step verification has effectively created a circular process where I cant set up authenticator without setting up under my account which
    requires a password or the 25cdigit security code that I can not provide. So I cant ebmben request a password reset AT ALL.

None the less, regardless of my having lost the login password and code, I still have the CORRECT ACCOUNT LOGIN ID, AN ACTIVE GAMER TAG AND WORKING 6 DIGIT CONSOLE LOGIN KEY. A gamer tag and key that ONCE WORKED TO ACCESS MY CONSOLE BUT NO LONGER DO. It
    is ridiculous that I cannot access my console settings without a login prompt. a requirement whhich btw I DID NOT PRECONFIGURE precisely because of avoiding having to remember one more password to an account rarely used my myself. And yet the question begs:
    why can my son use just a passkey to log in and get online!?!?

Again it can not be understated, THIS IS REQUIRED FOR ME TO ACCESS THE CONSOLE I PURCHASED BRAND NEW AND SETUP MYSELF CHRISTMAS DAY. When Microsoft servers crashed and we waited with patiently for them to regroup.

Please help me resolve this issue without a hard reset or a 30 day account hold. Those are absolutely unreasonable requirements if I am trying to use my own console, existing gamer tag and viable 6 digit code, which were once sufficient for such ourposes.

Thanks in advance for a consumer friendly answer.

Peace.

:)

LaughnJar, Aug 20, 2019
  2. LaughnJar Win User

Thanks. As I posted to Ducc Dad, I will try this and post results. Likely take a few days before I can revisit solving this. But will definitely reply with resultds.

Thanks agsin!

Peace
  3. LaughnJar Win User

Thanks. Will try this and post results. Likely take a few days before I can revisit solving this. But will definitely reply with resultds.

Thanks agsin!

Peace
  4. AridLizard Win User

5. AridLizard Win User

if it doesn't work, post again and we'll figure something else out
  6. Ducc Dad Win User

Hi LaughnJar,

Are you able to log into the microsoft account associated with the xbox on laptop or computer?

If you are able to, you may be able to resolve this issue by updating your security settings there.

If not you may need to contact microsoft support by going to the following link :

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us

Select "billing and accounts" then "ask a question". Customer support may be able to help you with this.
Thema:

1. Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required - Similar Threads - Cant access console

2. cant access Enforcment

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant access Enforcment: Notice from Xbox Live Enforcement Action Due to Suspension you Cannot Send Messages. Xbox Support Cannot a\Assist in this Situation. Learn More about this Suspension at enforcment.xbox.com. Now...
  3. cant access invite from Halo Waypoint in Hub app (PC)

in XboX Insiders
    cant access invite from Halo Waypoint in Hub app (PC): so i received and invite from Halo Waypoint, the instructions more or less state that i open up the app, "join", and it should be in "insider content". what am i doing wrong here, what can i do...
  4. Gamertag seemed to be changed with reset and cant access original one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag seemed to be changed with reset and cant access original one.: I had to do a reset on my kids XBox One, the problem is that when I resigned in my original Gamertag was replaced with a new one as if a brand new account was created. All game progress and...
  5. Cant access games or movies purchased with no internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant access games or movies purchased with no internet: We had our internet turned off at our house. We were told that we could still play the games and watch the movies we purchased thru our Xbox One but we can't. We were told to take it somewhere...
  6. I have EA Access subscription still cant install games within it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have EA Access subscription still cant install games within it: I payed for an EA Access subscription sometime ago but it still active because it says that the next billing is in 2020 but can't install EA Access games on my Xbox. When I click on a game a menu...
  7. Cant download the early access beta for modern warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant download the early access beta for modern warfare: I have bought the game in xbox store, and it doesnt show that i can download the beta. Help me please:) 8bc6550a-3ecc-41f9-a4ed-75c3623f45b4
  8. cant access account

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant access account: cant access microsoft account dont have the 2 step verfys 8c576d14-b9ad-4d64-a546-969800be84cb
  9. I cant access my Xbox Settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant access my Xbox Settings: Fast and simple: Trying to access https://account.xbox.com/settings redirects me to...
  10. cant access anything on the console. signed out and tells me to sign in with controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant access anything on the console. signed out and tells me to sign in with controller: so i was playing xbox one today. suddenly my profile signs out and tells me to sign in using the controller. ok sure.... problem is.. i only use a controller and for some reason i cant get...