Can't access or delete games from a previous Windows installation

Discus and support Can't access or delete games from a previous Windows installation in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently got a new C drive, so I did a fresh install of Windows. I previously had Gears 4 and 5 (and some other stuff) installed on a second drive,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ChartreuseBison, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Can't access or delete games from a previous Windows installation

I recently got a new C drive, so I did a fresh install of Windows. I previously had Gears 4 and 5 (and some other stuff) installed on a second drive, but now they don't show as installed. (I have since installed Gears 5 on my C drive) So there is a 259GB
    folder clogging up my extra drive that doesn't do anything. I tried changing ownership to get into the WindowsApps folder, but it just says "working on it" and explorer locks up. I tried deleting the whole folder and it just says preparing and never does anything.

How do either get Windows to recognize theses games are installed and remove them using the normal add or remove option, or just delete the folder. There is a lot of other stuff on this drive so formatting isn't an option.

:)

ChartreuseBison, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't access or delete games from a previous Windows installation

1. Can't access or delete games from a previous Windows installation - Similar Threads - Can't access delete

2. I can't access my account because I've to check my age on Korean site(Xbox).

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access my account because I've to check my age on Korean site(Xbox).: 누군가가 나를 도울 수 있습니까? 실수로 내 위치를 변경 (나는 한국에 거주하지 않습니다) 나는 내 나이를 확인하기 위해 한국어 "Ipin"이 없기 때문에 내 계 에 액세스 수 없습니다! 발, 나는 누군가가 그와 함께 나를 도와 경우 감사하게 것입니다 Can someone help me? I accidentally changed my...
  3. Can't access to any pages except Beta.xbox.support.com

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't access to any pages except Beta.xbox.support.com: So here is the problem When I try to press the Xbox Profile setting in other to change my profile of Xbox live and Privacy setting but instead of getting to that page I got into...
  4. I deleted myself from my family on xbox and now can't access my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I deleted myself from my family on xbox and now can't access my account.: i am a teen under the age of 18 who has a child account. i wanted a personal gamer pic of my choice, but it said i was too young. so i signed into the account that was my "parent" and deleted...
  5. Can't access or delete clips or screenshots

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access or delete clips or screenshots: I cannot view recent game capture or go delete old captures in Upload Studio. I've tried on both xbx1 and thru windows 10 app. Also when I take a capture it says it is uploading but to where?...
  6. Profile Accidentally deleted and can't access game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile Accidentally deleted and can't access game data: I deleted my profile on accident and now i can't access my data and I was wondering if i have to start over because i can't access my game files. 29add037-69b7-46b9-82f8-c2a08d9e159f
  7. Can't access child account because parental account has been deleted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access child account because parental account has been deleted.: I can't update my xbox live account because it asks me to put in the password of the parental account, but it has been deleted. If I can't update it, I can't login. I also can't login into this...
  8. Preview Program message deleted, can't access forums for help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Preview Program message deleted, can't access forums for help.: I had been invited to the Preview Program a few months ago, but the message has since expired to download the app. I had tried to contact Xbox Support about this issue, just to direct me to the...
  9. Email deleted can't access my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Email deleted can't access my account.: This account is an old one that I never used but my real accounts email is deleted. I switched to ps3 like 3 years ago and now I'm going to get an Xbox One. I have my dads billing adress and...
  10. Deleted Microsoft Account - Can't access Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted Microsoft Account - Can't access Live: Hi, A few months back, my Microsoft account was blocked and then eventually closed for a reason I still currently don't understand. I would ask this in the Microsoft Forums but felt that they...