Can't Add Friends on XBOX GAMES App

Discus and support Can't Add Friends on XBOX GAMES App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Sorry only saw support forums for 360, One and Windows Phone and not Surface devices so decided to put my issue here. Me and my friend both "follow"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brad Cafe, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Brad Cafe
    Brad Cafe Guest

Sorry only saw support forums for 360, One and Windows Phone and not Surface devices so decided to put my issue here.

Me and my friend both "follow" each other on Xbox One but any attempt to add each other as friends or send friend requests via our Windows Games app on our Surfaces or even via Xbox.com gets an error message. "Can't send friend request. Please try again"
    error EVERY time for months now.

Maybe the system thinks we're already friends because we follow each other on Xbox One but because that system doesn't have Friends despite the confusing labelling of people you follow being called Friends it can't connect us on Windows Xbox.

I only have about 10 Friends on Windows Xbox but am following 13 people on XBOX ONE who I know are also following me back (does that make us friends?)

:)

Brad Cafe, Mar 13, 2014
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Adding Friends

Hey there simsfreeplay246!

Are you trying to add friends through the Smartglass app or through the Games app on Windows Phone? If you can try the following steps and let us know the results! Can't Add Friends on XBOX GAMES App :)

• Xbox.com Friends (Search for a friend and then click 'Add friend' on their profile)
    • Xbox One console
    • Xbox 360 Smartglass app
    • Xbox One Smartglass app
    Thanks!

Mister Beep, Mar 13, 2014
  3. Cazerith
    Cazerith Guest
    Social issues. Adding friends sending messages

Seems I can't add new friends via my xbox one console or the phone app.

Also can't send messages on phone app when xbox is on.

When I uninstall then reinstall the app on phone it let's me send messages for a short period of time then stops again

Very annoying.... Can't Add Friends on XBOX GAMES App :(

PLEASE HELP

Cazerith, Mar 13, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

People you add are added to your Xbox One friends' list. These are your friends. However, on their profile, you appear as a follower. They can then choose to add you to their friends' list too. Thus you become each other's friends.

However, Xbox One friendships do not yet to carry over to Xbox.com, Xbox 360, Windows Phone or Windows 8. For this you still need to add each other the old way. The fact that you cannot suggests that one of the following is true:

- Your friend's list (limit 100) is full;

- Your friend's friend list is full; or

- One of you does not have the correct permissions (parentally-imposed) to either add or receive friendship requests.

The 100 limit on friend's lists is the sum of confirmed friends and pending requests. For instance, you may only have 5 friends confirmed, but if you leave 95 incoming requests pending, that would still fill up your list and leave you unable to add anyone
    else.

I hope this explanation helps somewhat. Let us know how you get on or if you have any further questions about the matter.

maxen, Mar 13, 2014
Thema:

1. Can't Add Friends on XBOX GAMES App - Similar Threads - Can't Add Friends

2. Can't add a friend

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't add a friend: I can't add a friend to my Xbox account because there's no way to search for a particular gamertag. How do I do that? The Xbox experience absolutely sucks. I can't do simple things like create...
  3. Can't add my friend on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add my friend on Xbox: Recently my friend & I tried to add each other on Live but noticed we couldn't do it. Like I would send a friend request & he'll get it & accept it but on my side it would say "Request still...
  4. Why I can't play realms & multiplayer game and add friends

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why I can't play realms & multiplayer game and add friends: Why I can't play realms add server and friends 80d4dec2-99b9-4582-a472-948cb314e68a
  5. I can't re add my friend on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't re add my friend on xbox: I really need help cuz I really been trying to re add one of my friends back to my friends list but I can't for something on xbox it still says sorry we can't save your changes right now try again...
  6. Can't Add Friend

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Add Friend: I have been trying to add my friend for the past 2 days and i have tried adding other randos and that works but i cant add my friend specificly. On windows 10 5b2fa55f-5d60-4457-aa57-1882551afb75
  7. Xbox Live Gold - kids still can't add Friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold - kids still can't add Friends: Please help - complete Xbox noob. Inherited a 360 hand-me-down from brother-in-law for Xmas so our kids could play Minecraft etc and chat together. I've paid for a Xbox Live Gold subscription...
  8. Please help me. Xbox live and Minecraft I can't add friend.

in XBoX on Windows
    Please help me. Xbox live and Minecraft I can't add friend.: When I add friend. Xbox live is show text your privacy setting are blocking you from using this feature. but I 18 year old and this is my microsoft account no parent account. how to I do ? I...
  9. Can't add friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add friends: For the past few days, I've been trying to add a friend through my Xbox, the Xbox App, and eveb Xbox.com, all which result in either; "Sorry we can't save your changes right now, try again later"...
  10. Friends gone, can't add. Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends gone, can't add. Error: More than half of my friends have disappeared from my list and I can not add them back, I keep getting message,. "Sorry,we can't save your changes right now. Try again later". I have googled this...