Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........

Discus and support Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to add funds to my child's account and getting this error message for over a day now. Same message if I try on my phone or laptop...... [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EJ1_020, Jun 9, 2021.

1. EJ1_020
    EJ1_020 Guest

Trying to add funds to my child's account and getting this error message for over a day now. Same message if I try on my phone or laptop......

Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........ [​IMG]

:)

EJ1_020, Jun 9, 2021
  2. PlushRelic Win User

Hello,EJ1_020

I recommend contacting Microsoft support and explaining the issue as they will be able to assist you more with this issue you can contact them here: Contact Us - Microsoft Support

If this solved you issue please up vote or mark as answered so other community members know this resolved you issue.Thanks

Hope this helps and have a Great day !!
  3. Smwutches Win User

transferring money between accounts

In a family group, the primary account can add funds to a child account, but funds cannot be transferred between accounts otherwise.
  4. Christyna64 Win User

Adding money to a microsoft account.

Even with your child having their own funds and bank, it's important to think about them making purchases that can cause their funds and bank accounts to be overdrawn. I would suggest reading through the Family and Online Saftey on Xbox Support to make an
    informed decision.

Family and Onine Safety - Child Accounts

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/browse

Approve a childs purchase

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/child-accounts/approve-child-purchases

Prevent unauthorized purchases

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...child-accounts/prevent-unauthorized-purchases
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Would like to transfer Microsoft balance from my son's account to mine. How do I do that?

As an Adult account in a
    Microsoft Account family
    , you can add funds to a child's account, but that doesn't work vice versa. The process to add funds to

their account can be found here.

But you won't be able to add funds from your child's account to the Adult, those controls just aren't in place.

It sounds like the Privacy and Online Safety settings might be what's preventing him from purchasing
    the title, so if he's in your Microsoft Account Family, you should be able to set permissions as you are comfortable with to allow him to purchase the title.

If he's not in your Microsoft Account Family, then I would recommend reviewing this page here.

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I mentioned, or run into any errors.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Child Purchases on Xbox Family

If the child account has the ability to make purchase on his account and he has fund on his account then it should be fine.
Thema:

1. Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........ - Similar Threads - Can't add funds

2. Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset: I was having a problem updating even though my WiFi was working fine so I factory reset it and managed to do the update but since the factory reset I am unable to add my account. It just says add...
  3. Can't add new Xbox PC Game Pass games onto SSD external

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add new Xbox PC Game Pass games onto SSD external: I just got an SSD external and after putting one game on it Xbox is not letting me put any other games on the external. I went into my settings and set the external as my default drive to put...
  4. Can't Add Money to Child's Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Add Money to Child's Account: I have attempted to "add money" to my child's account several times over the last week. I keep getting this: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d...
  5. Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/): I can't seem to add my xbox one onto my "my devices" in my browser for some reason, i input the serial number and press submit and it says its been added, but then it doesn't show up?...
  6. Can't add an account to factory reset xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add an account to factory reset xbox one: I can't add an account to my xbox one after factory resetting it. For context I had problems with it before I factory reset it. It wasn't installing my games or apps and it was stuck at...
  7. My friend can't add me as friend in minecraft windows 10 edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend can't add me as friend in minecraft windows 10 edition: When my friend presses add friend in minecraft, it says permission required. We couldn't figure out how to solve it. I can't add him as a friend either. I wrote with translation...
  8. Add money to kid's Microsoft account, but can't log in to use it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add money to kid's Microsoft account, but can't log in to use it: Hi all, I just add money to my kid’s Microsoft account for kid to buy robux, but I forgot the password for my kids Microsoft account. ( silly me...) I can't recover my kids account as I'm not...
  9. Can't add funds to family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add funds to family account: I want to add money from my credit card to my child's account since Microsoft doesn't allow his Xbox gift card he received for his birthday to be added to his account. I tried to add money and I...
  10. Can't add funds to Xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add funds to Xbox account: So I have been an xbox subscriber for 8 years and my wife and decided we wanted to watch a movie tonight.... But I don't have enough funds on my account. No issue I will add funds.....but wait...