Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset

Discus and support Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was having a problem updating even though my WiFi was working fine so I factory reset it and managed to do the update but since the factory reset I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesFullerton4, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset

I was having a problem updating even though my WiFi was working fine so I factory reset it and managed to do the update but since the factory reset I am unable to add my account. It just says add account and a loading circle comes up then dissapears then comes up again for ages and then sends me back to the add account. I've factory reset it twice now and that did not fix the problem.

:)

JamesFullerton4, Nov 25, 2021
  2. JamesFullerton4 Win User

Hi thanks for responding. Yes I tried using my hotspot and it had the same results. Just loaded for a long time then returned to add new option
  3. I'mAice Win User

Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

Then make sure you are still connected to your hotspot and try signing back in.
  4. I'mAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I know your internet is working fine with other devices but for us to best isolate the issue, can you try connecting the console to a different network? A mobile hotspot for example?

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Can't add an account to factory reset xbox one

Sorry to hear it. If you brought over previous settings for the console then try a reset again. You can do this but shutting the console down and unplugging it for 30 seconds. When you turn it on hold only the Eject+Sync buttons on the console then hit power. Keep holding only the Sync+Eject buttons (only Sync if you have an all digital console) until you hear the second start up tone then follow the instructions on screen. Select NO if prompted to use the app or bring over previous settings. If you're using a wireless connection then try an ethernet cable for the set up

If this doesn't work then you would need to set up a repair of the console via https://account.microsoft.com/devices
  6. AridLizard Win User

xbox one wont let me add my account back to the xbox

Thema:

1. Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset - Similar Threads - Can't add account

2. Can't Add Money to Child's Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Add Money to Child's Account: I have attempted to "add money" to my child's account several times over the last week. I keep getting this: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d...
  3. Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/): I can't seem to add my xbox one onto my "my devices" in my browser for some reason, i input the serial number and press submit and it says its been added, but then it doesn't show up?...
  4. Can't add an account to factory reset xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add an account to factory reset xbox one: I can't add an account to my xbox one after factory resetting it. For context I had problems with it before I factory reset it. It wasn't installing my games or apps and it was stuck at...
  5. Add money to kid's Microsoft account, but can't log in to use it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add money to kid's Microsoft account, but can't log in to use it: Hi all, I just add money to my kid’s Microsoft account for kid to buy robux, but I forgot the password for my kids Microsoft account. ( silly me...) I can't recover my kids account as I'm not...
  6. Can't add new account to Series X after an update

in XboX Insiders
    Can't add new account to Series X after an update: After one of the most recent updates in Alpha Skip Ahead (I think on the 27th/28th of July) I couldn't sign back into my account. I removed the account in efforts to re-add it again but now I...
  7. Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends: I've just created my son a child's Microsoft account and Xbox profile, so that he can play with my other son on Minecraft on his android phone. When he tries to add a friend, I get the message...
  8. Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........: Trying to add funds to my child's account and getting this error message for over a day now. Same message if I try on my phone or laptop...... [img] 6388cbe2-9151-4750-acd2-ec8ac22daa71
  9. Can't add microsoft account to xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add microsoft account to xbox: Hello, I woke up this morning and turned on my xbox but it got stuck on the green screen for quite some time so I had no other choice but to reset it. After that didn't work, I purchased a USB...
  10. Can't add money to account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add money to account: Keep getting this error since last night. All of my payment methods work elsewhere. Please fix. Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. Try that again Something...