Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset

Discus and support Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was having a problem updating even though my WiFi was working fine so I factory reset it and managed to do the update but since the factory reset I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesFullerton4, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset

I was having a problem updating even though my WiFi was working fine so I factory reset it and managed to do the update but since the factory reset I am unable to add my account. It just says add account and a loading circle comes up then dissapears then comes up again for ages and then sends me back to the add account. I've factory reset it twice now and that did not fix the problem.

:)

JamesFullerton4, Nov 25, 2021
  2. JamesFullerton4 Win User

Thanks. An update. After reconnecting to the Wi-Fi I managed to get to the screen where it allowed me to input my email address and password it loaded for a long time but now it seems to be working. I don't know what changed but thank you for helping
  3. ImAice Win User

I can't see the picture though but since you've tried doing a factory reset, You can also try doing an offline system update by downloading the OSU File here.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Once you download the Offline System Update File onto your PC, you can see it as a a zip file so you'll have to unzip onto a USB that's at least 8GB and formatted to NTFS. Once it's all downloaded plug the USB into your Xbox, the offline system update will be enabled.

The same exact thing happened to me though but it works after connecting it to a mobile hotspot. Make sure you have enough mobile data too.
  4. JamesFullerton4 Win User

I uploaded a picture. Can you see it?
  5. JamesFullerton4 Win User

It didn't work but it came up with message when I was checking my network was connected to my hotspot
  6. JamesFullerton4 Win User

Hi thanks for responding. Yes I tried using my hotspot and it had the same results. Just loaded for a long time then returned to add new option
Thema:

1. Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset - Similar Threads - Can't add account

2. Can't Add Payment Method on Xbox or Website to account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Add Payment Method on Xbox or Website to account: There's a Gamepass ultimate R15 for 3 months and I tried to buy it but when I added my payment details, and I made sure everything is right, I always get this. Check the info you entered. It...
  3. Can't sign into xbox account or add new account on series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into xbox account or add new account on series X: The issue started a few days ago and is as the title states. I tried logging into my xbox account after work one day. The xbox would try to log into the account, a screen would pop up with a...
  4. I can't add my Xbox 1 account to my 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't add my Xbox 1 account to my 360: So I bought a 360 and wanted to add my account to. it I did it before on my friends Xbox 360 and it worked. But whenever I try to add it to my Xbox it gives me error code 80151103 I even tried...
  5. Why can't I add another XBOX to my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I add another XBOX to my Microsoft account?: I entered the XBOX SN and it says it was added yet the device does not show anywhere on my Microsoft account. 7d151fc6-a83c-4abf-8aa6-66265b5df5f4
  6. Can't add credit card to my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add credit card to my account: I tried purchasing some Call of Duty coins last night on my Xbox account, and my purchase kept being declined. I tried again on the MS Store app on my PC and it was declined. I was trying to use...
  7. Can't Add Money to Child's Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Add Money to Child's Account: I have attempted to "add money" to my child's account several times over the last week. I keep getting this: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d...
  8. Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/): I can't seem to add my xbox one onto my "my devices" in my browser for some reason, i input the serial number and press submit and it says its been added, but then it doesn't show up?...
  9. Can't add an account to factory reset xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add an account to factory reset xbox one: I can't add an account to my xbox one after factory resetting it. For context I had problems with it before I factory reset it. It wasn't installing my games or apps and it was stuck at...
  10. Add money to kid's Microsoft account, but can't log in to use it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add money to kid's Microsoft account, but can't log in to use it: Hi all, I just add money to my kid’s Microsoft account for kid to buy robux, but I forgot the password for my kids Microsoft account. ( silly me...) I can't recover my kids account as I'm not...