Can’t buy dlc on a backwards compatible game

Discus and support Can’t buy dlc on a backwards compatible game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently got left 4 dead 2 as a backwards compatible game and ive been having much fun playing it. I want to buy dlc for it but whenever I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PapíMemez, Oct 11, 2020.

1. PapíMemez
    PapíMemez Guest

Hi, I just recently got left 4 dead 2 as a backwards compatible game and ive been having much fun playing it. I want to buy dlc for it but whenever I go to phrchase the dlc on the game its says “Premium content locked for this account.” I dont understand
    because on my xbox one x my account is an adult account and I can purchase things with ease. I believe there must be something to do with the xbox 360 part of the backwards compatibility in purchasing dlc.

:)

PapíMemez, Oct 11, 2020
  2. SpiffyCorpse Win User

Xbox one dlc

You should be able to buy DLC for any game you can play on your console. So if it's a backwards compatible title, you can still purchase the DLC as well.
  3. denis97g Win User

Add ons + dlc

if the dlcs are not backward compatible, you'll have to buy them again.
  4. Smwutches Win User

X men origins wolverine on Series X??? 2021

5. ArminatorX Win User

Downloadable Content

If the DLC is for the Xbox One version of the game, then no, you can't use that DLC on the Xbox 360 version of the game.

For example, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag is a Backwards Compatible Xbox 360 game that works on the Xbox One. However, if you buy Xbox One DLC, then this will NOT work on the Xbox 360 version of the game.

But if you get the Xbox 360 DLC content for a Backwards Compatible game, the DLC will work on the emulated Xbox 360 on Xbox One.
  6. SpeishyTrmp Win User

Downloadable Content

A 360 backwards compatible game on the xbox one and using the xbox one version of the game’s dlc with the backwards compatible one.
Thema:

1. Can’t buy dlc on a backwards compatible game - Similar Threads - Can’t buy dlc

2. Can’t buy anymore games after I try to get a refund and it doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t buy anymore games after I try to get a refund and it doesn’t work: I go to buy AOT 2 but I mistakenly buy just the AOT and I go to refund it through the Microsoft refund thing and then I go to proceed to buy the actual one I want, a little bit later and then the...
  3. Can’t buy anything after unlocking my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t buy anything after unlocking my account: I literally just created this account to buy a friend a game for Christmas. Microsoft locked my account because of “suspicious activity” even though I haven’t don’t anything with this account, and...
  4. Can’t buy new backwards compatible games digitally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t buy new backwards compatible games digitally: I am experiencing issues buying some of the newly added backwards compatible games on the Microsoft store. Specifically games like skate 2, mortal Kombat, lego LOTR, and fear 3. When I go to buy...
  5. Can’t buy old world blues on Xbox One.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t buy old world blues on Xbox One.: So,I’m doing my first ever play through of Fnv and I was going to buy old world blues,But for some reason it isn’t available to buy for me on the marketplace or on the xbox website. Can’t buy it...
  6. I can’t buy Xbox gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t buy Xbox gamepass: Basically ive tried everything ive turned my xbox on and off. Ive unplugged it. Ive held the power button for 8 seconds to turn it off and back on and it wont work. When i try to buy gamepass for...
  7. Can’t buy realms because of how my account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t buy realms because of how my account is set up: I cant find out how to buy realms because “You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up”. Please help fast. I have a ps4 and i cant seem to figure out how to...
  8. I can’t Buy an Xbox Game pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t Buy an Xbox Game pass Ultimate: The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match.Change your Store region The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to...
  9. I can’t play Cold War after buying it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Cold War after buying it: I have deleted cold war multipule times and its still does not work now and i cant even load in before it says i need to pay another 60 bucks 836c1599-ac33-4d10-98a2-64940342fe2e
  10. Can’t buy asuras wrath episode pack dlc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t buy asuras wrath episode pack dlc: I have a physical copy of asura’s wrath and im at the end of the game and i know there is a dlc that has the last part of the game so i go to buy it on my Xbox One Console but as i go to buy the...