Can’t buy realms because of how my account is set up

Discus and support Can’t buy realms because of how my account is set up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cant find out how to buy realms because “You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up”. Please help fast. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Icani, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Icani
    Icani Guest

I cant find out how to buy realms because “You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is set up”. Please help fast. I have a ps4 and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it using all the link that seems to work for everyone.

:)

Icani, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Ex0TiC6302 Win User

Can't do anything with Minecraft Realm.

Now it's telling me that I can't play on realms because of how my microsoft account is set up.
  3. RnsaRns Win User

We can't join Minecraft Realm on XBox but can on other Platforms

My son and I have been playing Minecraft on iPad and Android tablet for a while now and have a Realm set up so that we can play with our friends online. We have had zero access issues getting onto the Realm.

We have just bought an Xbox One Console, installed Minecraft but neither of us can get onto Realms.

We get this message:

"You cannot play on Realms because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings"

My sons Microsoft account is an adult account.

My Microsoft account is an adult account.

We have our privacy and online safety settings set to allow multiplayer gaming and joining clubs which is what is recommended to get onto Realms. We've had no issue on the iPad or on the Android tablet.

We've checked all our setting over and over again via PC login into our Microsoft/Xbox accounts and these setting mirror the settings we see when we check our privacy and online safety setting on the Xbox console.

I re-iterate - allow multiplayer gaming and joining clubs - both required for Minecraft Realms.

What is restricting our access?

How do we resolve this?

It's infuriating!

N.B. Our accounts are totally separate - we don't use the Family settings and don't have a Family group set up. Just adding this to avoid people suggesting we need to change settings within Family settings as this is NOT set up.
    I can,t create releams
  4. NinNin3 Win User

Minecraft PS4 Unable to connect to world

I'm having the same issue with Realms! Whenever I try accepting an invite to one of my friends' realms, it keeps saying "You are unable to play multiplayer because of how your account is set up. Change your settings on aka.ms/accountsettings to allow this,"
    but my settings are already set to "allow multiplayer."
  5. Matthias.be Win User

How do I change how my Microsoft account is set up to play Minecraft Realms on Nintendo Switch

So me and a few of my friends are thinking about starting a Realms world together and i try to play on Realms and it says You Need Permission You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up. This can changed in your privacy
    and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings. The aka.ms thing didn’t work for me and it brought me to xbox360 online settings. So I need to figure out what I have to change and how I do it. So if anyone can help please do so.
  6. Caseyryan2008 Win User

How do I change how my Microsoft account is set up to play Minecraft Realms on Nintendo Switch

So me and a few of my friends are thinking about starting a Realms world together and i try to play on Realms and it says You Need Permission You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up. This can changed in your privacy
    and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings. The aka.ms thing didn’t work for me and it brought me to xbox360 online settings. So I need to figure out what I have to change and how I do it. So if anyone can help please do so.
Thema:

1. Can’t buy realms because of how my account is set up - Similar Threads - Can’t buy realms

2. Can’t buy anymore games after I try to get a refund and it doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t buy anymore games after I try to get a refund and it doesn’t work: I go to buy AOT 2 but I mistakenly buy just the AOT and I go to refund it through the Microsoft refund thing and then I go to proceed to buy the actual one I want, a little bit later and then the...
  3. Can’t buy anything after unlocking my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t buy anything after unlocking my account: I literally just created this account to buy a friend a game for Christmas. Microsoft locked my account because of “suspicious activity” even though I haven’t don’t anything with this account, and...
  4. Can’t buy new backwards compatible games digitally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t buy new backwards compatible games digitally: I am experiencing issues buying some of the newly added backwards compatible games on the Microsoft store. Specifically games like skate 2, mortal Kombat, lego LOTR, and fear 3. When I go to buy...
  5. Can’t buy old world blues on Xbox One.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t buy old world blues on Xbox One.: So,I’m doing my first ever play through of Fnv and I was going to buy old world blues,But for some reason it isn’t available to buy for me on the marketplace or on the xbox website. Can’t buy it...
  6. I can’t buy Xbox gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t buy Xbox gamepass: Basically ive tried everything ive turned my xbox on and off. Ive unplugged it. Ive held the power button for 8 seconds to turn it off and back on and it wont work. When i try to buy gamepass for...
  7. I can’t Buy an Xbox Game pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t Buy an Xbox Game pass Ultimate: The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match.Change your Store region The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to...
  8. I can’t play Cold War after buying it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Cold War after buying it: I have deleted cold war multipule times and its still does not work now and i cant even load in before it says i need to pay another 60 bucks 836c1599-ac33-4d10-98a2-64940342fe2e
  9. I can’t play Cold War after buying it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Cold War after buying it: I got the game before the discount and its saying i need to buy it how can i fix this problem??? bf18d6df-2222-422f-8e02-e155a47a414b
  10. minecraft can’t buy realm

in XBoX on Consoles
    minecraft can’t buy realm: Hi im trying to buy realms and start my 30 day trial but every time i click it its says sorry we couldn’t complete the purchase check your internet connection i reseted my game didn’t work reseted...