Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version...

Discus and support Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good Day, I am trying to buy the digital version of COD MW because it is on sale now but I can not seem to buy it. When I first tried buying the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Penguin spirit, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version...

Good Day,

I am trying to buy the digital version of COD MW because it is on sale now but I can not seem to buy it. When I first tried buying the game it showed an error on my phone that I can not buy the game because I already own it and I went to the Digital Standard
    Edition. After I pressed try again, it took really long to process and then it showed me an Error saying it can't be processed an it is on Microsoft's end.

I tried to purchase it on my xbox and one my laptop but it showed the same error that it can't be processed.

I really do not want to uninstall the game because I just want to play it for the multiplayer since Warzone is already free of course.

In addition, would the issue resolve if I uninstall the game and buy it back and also if I move COD onto an external hard drive and move it back after I bought the digital copy, would that work?

I only know that the disc contains the licensing of the game.

:)

Penguin spirit, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Penguin spirit Win User

Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version because of an error.

You can definitely buy a digital copy of a game if you own the disk version. It sounds like there is definitely an error occuring on Microsoft's end. I would contact support.
    I already tried contacting support and they are not being too helpful , will the issue resolve on it's own?
  3. CyclingCanoe703 Win User

Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version because of an error.

4. SoullessCodith Win User

You can definitely buy a digital copy of a game if you own the disk version. It sounds like there is definitely an error occuring on Microsoft's end. I would contact support.
  5. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack Retail Release

Hello everyone :)

I prefer discs over digital downloads.

I would rather wait until all of the characters have been released and then placed into the disc veresion because it is pointless to buy the disc copy only to have to download whoever else is missing (regardless of whether it is a free code that comes with
    the game or paid DLC).

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)
  6. Zenosos Win User

0x803f8001

Is this a game you only bought on disc? As you can't play disc games on an all digital console. You will need to buy a digital game version to play on the all digital console as it uses the disc to still confirm you own the game.
Thema:

Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version...

1. Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version... - Similar Threads - Can't buy digital

2. Can't Buy Skate 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Buy Skate 3: First of all, I live in Canada. Secondly, I have been trying to buy Skate 3 on my Xbox One, but every time I try microsoft says I don't have a valid payment method. When I go in to edit my payment...
  3. why can't I buy all my games digitally

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    why can't I buy all my games digitally: I know that some regions are locked when it comes to digitally buying backwards compatible games but I think all your games that become BC should available to buy digitally too. Because some store...
  4. Can't buy a game digitally because of region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy a game digitally because of region: I live in Iceland and I wanted to buy Halo 3 on the xbox store for my old 360 and it would not let me complete my purchase. I tried also buying a digital gift code or whatever but that didn't work...
  5. Can't buy digital games from store ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy digital games from store ?: hi guys, anyone can help me... i can't buy digital games from the store ! any game i choose in the store, after that nothing happens only a blank screen with my gamer icon up left screen ? no...
  6. Can't buy base game digitally?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy base game digitally?!: As stated in the title: Does anyone know why I cannot purchase the digital version of the base game for xbox one? It truly makes no sense. b5ac4e3f-e595-44da-b8cb-97f72e4a8377
  7. Can't buy Destiny Digital?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy Destiny Digital?: I have the Taken King DLC but I do not have the game itself. Destiny is on the game store but only as part of a bundle. My disk drive is messed up so I can only get the digital version. What am I...
  8. Paid for a digital game and now its telling me I can't play it. I need to buy it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for a digital game and now its telling me I can't play it. I need to buy it: I have proof of buying a digital copy of gta v and its not allowing me to play it. Saying please insert disc or purchase the game. Which I've already did a few months agoWith that said. I've tried...
  9. Can't buy Taken King despite owning digital Guardian Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy Taken King despite owning digital Guardian Edition: Product shows as unavailable. Has anyone encountered this issue and figured out how to solve it? I would have thought buying all of this through the XBOX store would make things easier....
  10. So we can't actually BUY the digital versions of the 360 games on the Xbox one store????

in XBoX on Consoles
    So we can't actually BUY the digital versions of the 360 games on the Xbox one store????: Yeah, so was totally hyped about being able to play games like South Park or Dragons Dogma, until i load up the xbox one and go to the store, navigated to "South Park..Stick of truth" and then...