cant change channel

Discus and support cant change channel in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when i use the voice command or the controller it will say channel unavailable or put in half the numbers or put in the wrong channel anyone else... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The Deadman 1, Apr 14, 2014.

1. cant change channel

when i use the voice command or the controller it will say channel unavailable or put in half the numbers or put in the wrong channel anyone else having an issue i never had a problem with it until this weekish

:)

The Deadman 1, Apr 14, 2014
  2. Xbox tv function may be useless

... But you can tell it to do things... change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change
    channel, change channel, change channel.

-

Now doesn't that make channel browsing fun ? That's if everybody in the room hadn't thrown a brick at you and told you to shut the f up and just use the remote control instead.

johnnydigsgirls, Apr 14, 2014
  3. Jesh425
    Jesh425 Guest
    Cant change the channel on xbox one, help please?

So I have the xbox one without the Kinect and I bought an IR extender blaster cable thinking I would be able to change the channels on the one guide with that, I set it up and I still cant change the channel through the one guide on my controller even with
    the blaster plugged in. I entered my cable box and tv manually and I can see the picture through my xbox but I just cant change the channels through my controller, even tried it with smartglass on my surface and phone and still nothing, So am I missing something
    or what? Can you even change the channels with the controller?

Thank you

Jesh425, Apr 14, 2014
  4. cant change channel

Hi Deadman,

Can you let me know a few things:

1) Your TV provider

2) The make & model of your cable/satellite box

3) In TV & OneGuide settings -> Troubleshooting -> Enter a remote code -> cable/sat box what codeset is listed there? Something like C1234

4) Has a hard reboot of the Xbox One (press+hold power button) or anything else seemed to make this better or worse?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Apr 17, 2014
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

cant change channel

Hi Deadman,

Can you let me know a few things:

1) Your TV provider

2) The make & model of your cable/satellite box

3) In TV & OneGuide settings -> Troubleshooting -> Enter a remote code -> cable/sat box what codeset is listed there? Something like C1234

4) Has a hard reboot of the Xbox One (press+hold power button) or anything else seemed to make this better or worse?
  6. Jesh425 Win User

Am I missing something?

It worked all fine and I could see the picture and volume just cant change the channel through the one guide but No I don't have the Kinect I can change my channel with my regular remote on the xbox one but I cant use the one guide with it so its kind if
    pointless, but I was wondering would the Xbox one media remote work for changing the channels through the one guide? or do I need the Kinect no matter to change channels through one guide? Kinda pointless if I cant use the one guide and just my regular remote
    on my xbox, ill go out and get the media remote if that's what I need
  7. johnnydigsgirls Win User

Xbox tv function may be useless

... But you can tell it to do things... change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change channel, change
    channel, change channel, change channel.

-

Now doesn't that make channel browsing fun ? That's if everybody in the room hadn't thrown a brick at you and told you to shut the f up and just use the remote control instead.
  8. oliver255 Win User

One Guide Channel incorrect - Bell Satellite TV

Same Problem.

I have an VU+ Ultimo Cable Box. My Provider Cable Germany.

The Channels are wrong. I cant Switch the Channels....I cant control the cable box.

Only the funtion on/off is working on the cable box

How can i Change this Settings.

Why is it IR and not HDMI

shame
  9. Lord Dirt Win User

Xbox 1 connectivity

you just cant change the tv channels with the Xbox One without having it plugged in to the Xbox One, everything else should be ok
Thema:

cant change channel

1. cant change channel - Similar Threads - cant change channel

2. I Cant Change my Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Cant Change my Gamertag: Ive been trying change my gamertag for minecraft of my n switch but when ever i try to go the account.xbox.com website it takes me to a article about X-box privacy an i cant click the sign in on...
  3. I changed my background pic on my xbox home screen from my phone. Now I cant chang it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my background pic on my xbox home screen from my phone. Now I cant chang it to...: Cant change my pic on my xbox home background to another pic from my phone. db478e49-bed3-43af-af59-4c1c4e8424c2
  4. I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias: I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias mail 1d9e37ad-31be-46e6-8cf3-63868d1af151
  5. MineCraft Running on Windows 10 on Laptop- Cant change mode to see through character Eye

in XBoX on Windows
    MineCraft Running on Windows 10 on Laptop- Cant change mode to see through character Eye: CAnt change the mode...i can see character whole body which blocks the my vision to place building blocks. I want to see via "Characters" Eye means I want to be inside the charcater not outside,...
  6. If my gamerpic gets change and i cant use a custom one can i ever change it?????

in XBoX Accessibility
    If my gamerpic gets change and i cant use a custom one can i ever change it?????: So I changed my custom gamerpic 4 like 1-2 days and now I cant change it? 7248b9c4-6f0c-4d1b-8172-a9cf7f1f1fa2
  7. Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10: So recently I bought Minecraft java edition on a mac, but then I downloaded it on my PC any ive already made sure that its the right email and everything but it still tells me that I need to buy...
  8. Why cant I transfer my Xbox account or change email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I transfer my Xbox account or change email?: Let's be clear, dont send me a link to change my Microsoft alias email. I CANT CHANGE THAT EMAIL. I was once a kid that played video games on a system called the xbox 360. And as a kid my...
  9. my xbox one has bin hacked and cant log in to my gamer tag and they have changed the email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox one has bin hacked and cant log in to my gamer tag and they have changed the email...: please help xbox support my xbox one has bin hacked and cant log in to my gamer tag and they have changed the email to reset password and taken my phone number off too . ive tried doing a talk...
  10. Cant change the channel on xbox one, help please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant change the channel on xbox one, help please?: So I have the xbox one without the Kinect and I bought an IR extender blaster cable thinking I would be able to change the channels on the one guide with that, I set it up and I still cant change...