Can't change game installation location

Discus and support Can't change game installation location in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I've built a new PC and I am currently trying to install MSFS using Xbox app. However I cannot select the disk I want to install to. The only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Domas Urbonas, May 29, 2022.

1. Can't change game installation location

Hello, I've built a new PC and I am currently trying to install MSFS using Xbox app. However I cannot select the disk I want to install to. The only option is Disk C. I've already tried everything I could find. Everything was ok when I installed it a week ago on my old PC. Thanks for help in advance!

Can't change game installation location [​IMG]

:)

Domas Urbonas, May 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update

I'm thinking couple options more:

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one that is causing conflicts

2. If you're on Windows 11, downgrade to 10 and try again. Or do the opposite case if you're able to upgrade to 11.

3. Perform a clean boot keeping games and files on your actual Windows version, in that way you're going to have a clean installation of windows system. For all this, in the link below you can see steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

For option 3, you can try this workaround just to test:

Create a virtual machine with the same OS and version that you currently have, then try install one of those games on the virtual machine and see how it goes. It is working and none of the above works, this means best option will be perform the last option
  3. Domas Urbonas Win User

Didn't help :( Everything worked ok on old pc a week ago
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks to you for the feedback
    In this case the best option would be perform an in-place update for your PC
    Tutorial is for windows 10, but is basically the same for 11
  5. Domas Urbonas Win User

Thanks for reply! I've tried everything you told. I can't change desired drive where new apps are going to be installed. The only option is drive C. My drives are formatted in NTFS. I am using Windows 11.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Domas

Make sure your hard drive is NTFS formatted, also try to install games through the Microsoft Store app first and also set the desired drive as where new apps are going to be installed.

If the issue persists follow these two steps, if one doesn't work, move on to the next.
    1. Press Windows Key + i and go to apps, search for ''gaming services'' click ''advanced options'' and then ''terminate, repair and reset. Try installing the game again.

2. Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter

“get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

Restart your PC, open PowerShell as admin again, and enter

“start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

The Microsoft Store will open and ask to install Gaming Services, install. Then try installing the game again.

If the problem persists, an in-place upgrade can solve the problem. On this link, you have the necessary instructions.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Thema:

1. Can't change game installation location - Similar Threads - Can't change game

2. Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17): I was installed The Forbidden City last night and was really enjoying it apart from a couple times when it locked up and crashed unexpectedly. The main issue I'm having now, though, is with the...
  3. Why can't I change the security permissions of this game from the Xbox gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change the security permissions of this game from the Xbox gamepass?: https://imgur.com/XfNaiil *Moved to Gaming and Xbox* 05a46570-e71b-4107-a20e-10b68be76929
  4. Can't change download location of xbox games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change download location of xbox games: Hello everyone. I'm having issues downloading games from the XBOX app on my computer to my external HDD. The steps I have taken so far are: In the XBOX app: Settings; General; Change where...
  5. Can't change privacy settings, can't play Halo custom games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy settings, can't play Halo custom games.: I am unable to play any custom games in Halo, have checked in MCC and Infinite with neither working. When I try to access me Xbox settings I am redirected to the support page that says "Why can't...
  6. Currency changed / can't download a purchased Game

in XBoX on Windows
    Currency changed / can't download a purchased Game: My xbox 360 billing address has been changed to uk and my Ballance turn to 0.00 £ even though i have 1.80 $ left after i purchased the Witcher 2 . What even worse on xbox 360 it dosent let me...
  7. Xbox PC app - Can't change game installation folder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app - Can't change game installation folder: I accidentally selected 'D:\Program Files' as the default game installation folder in the Xbox PC app. Now I'm unable to change it. I can change to a different drive, but not to a different folder...
  8. I can't change the location of games

in XboX Insiders
    I can't change the location of games: I've xbox game pass on pc and I want to access the files of games.I downloaded insider hub and joined windows gaming.Then i checked "Use advanced installation and management future" box. But when...
  9. I can't play games after E-mail change on Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play games after E-mail change on Xbox App: I recently changed my e-mail on my Xbox account and now I cannot play any games that I PAID FOR. Before I changed my e-mail, I had bought a game for 30 dollars and played it some. A day later, I...
  10. Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta: My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this: [img] I looked up the entire internet... reinstalling, powershell repair, normal repair, leaving the beta and entering it...