Can’t change gamertag

Discus and support Can’t change gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Im trying to use my free gamertag change but it fails every time. I’ve tried on edge, chrome and firefox. When i hit the claim button it doesn’t do... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Uncle Kloudy, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Uncle Kloudy
    Uncle Kloudy Guest

Can’t change gamertag

Im trying to use my free gamertag change but it fails every time. I’ve tried on edge, chrome and firefox. When i hit the claim button it doesn’t do anything then when i refresh I get an error: Bad Request - Request Too Long HTTP Error 400. The size of
    the request headers is too long. After which I am unable to access xbox.com on that browser for a few minutes, receiving the same error when i try.

:)

Uncle Kloudy, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Uncle Kloudy Win User

Can’t change gamertag

On xbox it says “You’ve used your free gamertag change. To change it again, you’ll need to buy a gamertag change on xbox.com.” I’ve never changed it and it doesn’t tell me i need to buy a gamertag change when i try on xbox.com, it just does nothing when
    i click claim then gives me the error when I refresh.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Can’t change gamertag

Was your gamertag an auto generated gamertag, that the system gave you when creating your account, or did you pick one from the suggested list below the auto generated one? If you selected from the suggested list, or entered your own on creating your account,
    this is classed as using your first free change. All changes after that are paid changes.

You can of course use the new system that is rolling out https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag This is a new system and will allow a free change. You can pick
    any gamertag you want and if it is already used a #number is added after as an identifier.
  4. Jeremy2085 Win User

Can’t change gamertag

Have you tried changing your ganertag using your xbox instead of using the internet too see if it works for you that way?
  5. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Can’t change gamertag

I believe there are some service issues
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

Can’t change gamertag

Thema:

Can’t change gamertag

1. Can’t change gamertag - Similar Threads - Can’t change gamertag

2. Can’t change to a custom picture

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t change to a custom picture: I need help with the xbox app on using custom pictures. It first said to change to a adult account which I did. Then I tried again and it still said only adult accounts. This is my alt....
  3. I can’t change my gamerpic

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can’t change my gamerpic: Whenever i go to change my gamerpic to a custom image on the xbox app on iphone, it says i am unable to upload a custom image because of my past behaviour. Ive never got a ban or even a warning on...
  4. Can’t change gamer tag on Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t change gamer tag on Nintendo Switch: I have looked at countless different thing but there all for xbox, not nintendo switch 17c97fe2-2d34-4b1d-b581-249cd7055b24
  5. I can’t change my gamer pic because of past behavior all I was doing was having one to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t change my gamer pic because of past behavior all I was doing was having one to...: I can’t change my gamer pic because of past behavior all I was doing was having one to scare my friend nothing bad is this a forever thing or no? f02e74cd-a0bf-43b1-baf2-27c7f025e0bb
  6. Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website: Split from this thread. Hi I know this post is from a month ago but im having the same issues, my profile region is UK ive checked multiple times but when I make payment it changes to the US...
  7. Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account: Hi, I have recently had some priblems with Xbox Live connection issues recently, and now I seem to be having trouble with my account set up. Today I took a nice picture and thought of putting it...
  8. Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website: Hi, I’ve been trying to change my xbox gamertag online through the xbox website but I can’t. On my Microsoft account it definitely says my account region is the UK and I do have a bank card...
  9. Gamertag can’t change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag can’t change: I tried changing my gamertag on the Xbox website and it said that it’s restricted through parental controls. I had my parent try to get rid of parental controls a long time ago but it still won’t...
  10. Can’t change Gamertag to available name?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change Gamertag to available name?: So my gamertag used to be “So Skuxx”, at the moment it’s “ImBroBro” but it’s only for an inside joke, and I’ve been wanting to change my name to “Skux” or “Skuxx”. Both gamertags say they’re...