Can’t change gamertag

Discus and support Can’t change gamertag in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to change my username to steigerking but the changer says this gamertag isnt allowed. It allows me to change it to kingsteiger, steiger, or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by isteiger11, May 24, 2020 at 5:13 AM.

1. isteiger11
    isteiger11 Guest

Can’t change gamertag

I want to change my username to steigerking but the changer says this gamertag isnt allowed. It allows me to change it to kingsteiger, steiger, or king.

:)

2. Uncle Kloudy Win User

Can’t change gamertag

On xbox it says “You’ve used your free gamertag change. To change it again, you’ll need to buy a gamertag change on xbox.com.” I’ve never changed it and it doesn’t tell me i need to buy a gamertag change when i try on xbox.com, it just does nothing when
    i click claim then gives me the error when I refresh.
  3. isteiger11 Win User

Can’t change gamertag

i checked on my xbox app, and it looks like no one has it, and usually it would tell you and just add numbers at the end
  4. hammerhead5495 Win User

Can’t change gamertag

Probably the gamertag is taken maybe that might be a reason of the issue
  5. isteiger11 Win User

Can’t change gamertag

thats my last name where german is spoken, no it is not, and i can put it in but just not like steigerking
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Can’t change gamertag

because steiger in german means the f word, live is a place for all languages so therefore a gamertag in a swearword in german would not be allowed.

just check it on urban dictionary, that will be why its not allowed.
Thema:

Can’t change gamertag

1. Can’t change gamertag - Similar Threads - Can’t change gamertag

2. Changed my gamertag on the Xbox One X now I can’t play backwards compatible games online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my gamertag on the Xbox One X now I can’t play backwards compatible games online.: I recently changed my gamertag on my Xbox One X as I felt after 10 years it was due for a change. I stumbled upon an issue where I couldn’t play games like Gears of War 2 online because my old...
  3. Please change back tabs.Giving me mad OCD,I can’t centre the Main icon.Had it memorised...

in XboX Insiders
    Please change back tabs.Giving me mad OCD,I can’t centre the Main icon.Had it memorised...: [IMG] submitted by /u/sarahsms108 [link] [comments]
  4. Why can’t I change my gamerpic ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I change my gamerpic ??: Why cant i change my gamerpic ?? when i change it shows me that i cant and say : sorry, we cant upload the picture at the moment , try again in a little while . Thus is what appears for me ....
  5. Can’t change privacy settings for my child’s account on family sharing for XBox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change privacy settings for my child’s account on family sharing for XBox: I read on a thread that the issue I am having is a common one when a family sharing and child account was set up on an IOS device as mine was. I want to change the setting to allow him to play...
  6. Can’t change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamertag: Im trying to use my free gamertag change but it fails every time. I’ve tried on edge, chrome and firefox. When i hit the claim button it doesn’t do anything then when i refresh I get an error: Bad...
  7. Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website: Split from this thread. Hi I know this post is from a month ago but im having the same issues, my profile region is UK ive checked multiple times but when I make payment it changes to the US...
  8. Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website: Hi, I’ve been trying to change my xbox gamertag online through the xbox website but I can’t. On my Microsoft account it definitely says my account region is the UK and I do have a bank card...
  9. Gamertag can’t change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag can’t change: I tried changing my gamertag on the Xbox website and it said that it’s restricted through parental controls. I had my parent try to get rid of parental controls a long time ago but it still won’t...
  10. Can’t change Gamertag to available name?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change Gamertag to available name?: So my gamertag used to be “So Skuxx”, at the moment it’s “ImBroBro” but it’s only for an inside joke, and I’ve been wanting to change my name to “Skux” or “Skuxx”. Both gamertags say they’re...