Can't change installation location from C: to D: drive at all

Discus and support Can't change installation location from C: to D: drive at all in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so on the xbox app I cannot change the driver installation and resetting and repairing doesn't work So I repair the app and reset it and no matter... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LowPolyGav, Feb 14, 2022.

1. LowPolyGav
    LowPolyGav Guest

Ok so on the xbox app I cannot change the driver installation and resetting and repairing doesn't work

So I repair the app and reset it and no matter how I change the driver installation in the settings or the install page. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?

:)

LowPolyGav, Feb 14, 2022
  2. LowPolyGav Win User

Ok so the last solution in that video is what ended up fixing it (tried all the others)

If anyone else reads this use that link that the support member posted and look into the last timestamp on the video. Using the registry editor and updating my files in the Microsoft store is up ended up solving my issue as of now.

Thank you
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Like i mentioned, you should change the letter assigned to the device please
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi LowPolyGav! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

If after this you still have issues try changing the letter of your storage device
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Please check other options posted here

https://www.windowsreport.com/xbox-app-cant-sel...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. LowPolyGav Win User

Yep that also didn't solve the issue, changed the D: to a E: and nothing changed with the existing issue I am having.
Thema:

1. Can't change installation location from C: to D: drive at all - Similar Threads - Can't change installation

2. Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17): I was installed The Forbidden City last night and was really enjoying it apart from a couple times when it locked up and crashed unexpectedly. The main issue I'm having now, though, is with the...
  3. Can't change installation location from C: to D: drive at all (3rd post so someone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change installation location from C: to D: drive at all (3rd post so someone...: Ok so on the xbox app I cannot change the driver installation and resetting and repairing doesn't work So I repair the app and reset it and no matter how I change the driver installation in the...
  4. Xbox PC app - Can't change game installation folder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app - Can't change game installation folder: I accidentally selected 'D:\Program Files' as the default game installation folder in the Xbox PC app. Now I'm unable to change it. I can change to a different drive, but not to a different folder...
  5. Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta: My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this: [img] I looked up the entire internet... reinstalling, powershell repair, normal repair, leaving the beta and entering it...
  6. I can't change location where I want to install my games.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change location where I want to install my games.: When I try to change location where I want my games installed. I get this: [img] Which is true when this first appeared and I clicked yes. But it keeps re-appearing! with this error: [img]...
  7. Multiple Forza Motorsport 7 add-ons are shown as not installed and this can't be changed....

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple Forza Motorsport 7 add-ons are shown as not installed and this can't be changed....: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Beta App - Can't change drive onto which install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App - Can't change drive onto which install games: That is: I can change the drive - but only if I change the drive, onto which each and every Windows program will be installed from that point forward, which is definitely not what I'm looking for....
  9. Can't change default app install location

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change default app install location: I'm trying to download a game on the Xbox app on my d drive but it says its not set up for installing games and when i try to change the default location it doesn't change and says "We couldn't...
  10. Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change install folder for xbox app (beta): Hi, I recently subscribed to xbox gamepass and wanted to download my first game. I have two drive on my pc but my boot drive is to small to install games on it. therefore I wanted to change the...