Can't change my Microsoft Privacy Settings

Discus and support Can't change my Microsoft Privacy Settings in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I want to play Minecraft Realms with some of my friends. I was informed by the game that I need to change my privacy settings to allow that. Every time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by iongriffon, Aug 16, 2021.

1. iongriffon
    iongriffon Guest

I want to play Minecraft Realms with some of my friends. I was informed by the game that I need to change my privacy settings to allow that. Every time I try to change my privacy settings so that I can play, it sends me to the XBox Support page. For the record, I'm not playing on XBox, I'm trying to play on either PS4 or Mobile. Every time I click the link to the Privacy & Online safety page for my account, it opens another tab of the XBox Support page. Same thing if I manually enter account.xbox.com/settings into my search bar. It does this on every device I've tried. I'm 18+ (age-wise), so it shouldn't be parental controls... Am I stupid? Am I doing something wrong? Someone please help I've been trying for an hour now.

:)

iongriffon, Aug 16, 2021
  2. I'mAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Yes, if you can see your account as a member of the family here https://account.microsoft.com/family then only the organizer's email or the adult account can change your privacy settings. :)
  3. iongriffon Win User

Update: It's been fixed. I had to ask my mom to change my privacy settings in family settings.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Can't change my privacy settings

This is because you're underage or used the wrong age when setting up the account, Unfortunately once an age is set it's permanent. While the system will let you change the age anytime, It only recognizes the age you used when you set up the account. This
    is to prevent kids from just changing their ages to bypass things. You will need your parents help or you will have to send in an age change request form and see what they say.
  5. Kelemvor79 Win User

Can't change my privacy settings

in the following link shows you how to do it from pc and xbox https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety
  6. danielc081002 Win User

Can't change Privacy settings

I have had my account for ~8 years, but I still do think it's odd that back then I could play multiplayer no problem, but NOW I can't.
Thema:

1. Can't change my Microsoft Privacy Settings - Similar Threads - Can't change Microsoft

2. Can't change my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360: Today I tried to change the Microsoft account on my Xbox 360 to my current personal email, but after entering the correct credentials on both of them I got an error message that says I cannot...
  3. Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy...: Trying to play Minecraft online but it tells me to 'change my Microsoft settings.' Did some research and I need to edit my privacy settings on Xbox. When I got to the page to change them however...
  4. Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Microsoft...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to add payment method as I can't change country information field in Microsoft...: Hi. So I was going to puchase a name change for my xbox gamertag and I got to the payment. I couldnt change the country information field. I went looking for a solution but the only one I got was...
  5. I changed my playstation username and now I can't login to my microsoft account on minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my playstation username and now I can't login to my microsoft account on minecraft.: Hi! I tried to login to my microsoft account on minecraft after a while, but I cannot seem to login, it says that this account is already connected to a playstation network account. I only use 1...
  6. I can't change my microsoft account on Xbox Gamepass (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change my microsoft account on Xbox Gamepass (PC): The problem don't let me change my account on the app only. When i logoff and logon in the app, i can't change the account even if i change the microsoft store acc. By the way the game can be...
  7. I can't change Microsoft Store account

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change Microsoft Store account: I have a Xbox Ultimate signature in the Xbox, but it is on my brothers account, we share the signature and we can play normally on console. But i tried to play with the Xbox App here on my pc and...
  8. can't buy something on xbox store because Microsoft Store doesn't recongnize my balance change.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't buy something on xbox store because Microsoft Store doesn't recongnize my balance change.: I've been trying to buy something since yesterday on my xbox and it said my balance hasn't changed even though I know I added money and I thought "oh its probably because of the core services...
  9. Nie mogę zmienić daty urodzenia w koncie Microsoft[Translation-I can't change my birth date...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nie mogę zmienić daty urodzenia w koncie Microsoft[Translation-I can't change my birth date...: Nie mogę zmienić daty urodzenia w koncie Microsoft choć jestem osobą powyżej 13 roku życia proszę bardzo o pomoc. [Translation-I cannot change the date of birth in my Microsoft account, although...
  10. I changed my Microsoft password and now I can't access the game streaming app.

in XboX Insiders
    I changed my Microsoft password and now I can't access the game streaming app.: Every time I load into the app I go through a couple pages explaining what the app is and then it asks me to sign in and when I hit the button it immediately says I couldn't sign in. I've had no...