Can't change privacy settings even though family features are off

Discus and support Can't change privacy settings even though family features are off in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I can't seem to change my privacy settings in Xbox. My account isn't connected to any family group and has never been but I still can't change my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SeanSCR, Nov 24, 2021.

1. SeanSCR
    SeanSCR Guest

Hi,

I can't seem to change my privacy settings in Xbox. My account isn't connected to any family group and has never been but I still can't change my privacy setting. Your help is much appreciated Can't change privacy settings even though family features are off :)

:)

SeanSCR, Nov 24, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. According to what you reported, apparently, this is happening because your account is considered a child/teenager and unfortunately it is not possible to change the age of the Xbox profile, you can change the Microsoft account, but the system will still consider the account as a minor.

If your account is a child/teenager you will have to ask an adult to create a Microsoft account and invite you to a family group so that person can manage your privacy settings. To create a family group, please use the information provided in the article below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

- Once an adult creates an account and adds you to their family group, they should follow the instructions below.

Visit the website: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/settings

The adult must have his account logged in at the moment, and then he will see your profile and his her, he must change the settings of his profile, in the case of the child.

After accessing this page you will be able to see your privacy settings, normally the ones that give problems are the options below, but you can change any other setting you want.

In the privacy tab check that the options, "You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text" and Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites" are set to allow.

Also, check the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab, and see if the ''You can join multiplayer games'' option is set to allow.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

X Box One parental controls

4. y3rt Win User

Message don’t work.

Access to feature blocked.

You can't access this feature because

of how your account is set up. You can

change this by modifying your privacy

settings on Xbox.com
  5. Alderamin4191 Win User

Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy settings to fix it.

Hi,

It would appear your account has been set with some child features. You would have to ask whoever manages your family settings to change your privacy settings. Heres how
  6. BeastBadshah Win User

Purchasing issue on VUDU

Thema:

1. Can't change privacy settings even though family features are off - Similar Threads - Can't change privacy

2. Can't change privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy settings: I'm trying to change my privacy settings so I can join my friend's realm, but every time I try to get to the privacy page for my account it redirects me to the family & online safety FAQ, and no...
  3. My parent doesn't have access to his account and can't change my privacy settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parent doesn't have access to his account and can't change my privacy settings.: I migrated my MC account and then I was unable to play Multiplayer. I asked my parent to allow multiplayer in privacy setting but she was unable to login to her account. She tried to Reset her...
  4. Can't change privacy and online safety settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy and online safety settings: First of all, I'm extremely pissed. For Microsoft this is incredibly stupid. I'll save you the background story of this bullsh*t but basically I went to migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft...
  5. Can't change privacy information online.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy information online.: I have just merged my mojang account with my minecraft account and no longer have access to realms or multiplayer on minecraft java edition. It says I need to check my privacy settings, but there...
  6. I can't change the privacy settings on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change the privacy settings on my xbox: I have been since the beginning of this account without being able to change my privacy settings and although I am over 18 years old and I am not in a family group, it keeps telling me that I...
  7. Can't change privacy settings: links lead to dead ends.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change privacy settings: links lead to dead ends.: I'm trying to change my settings so that I can play Minecraft Realms. I've found several links that supposedly say how to do it, but the end result is always a dead end with no way to actually...
  8. Can't change my Microsoft Privacy Settings

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't change my Microsoft Privacy Settings: I want to play Minecraft Realms with some of my friends. I was informed by the game that I need to change my privacy settings to allow that. Every time I try to change my privacy settings so that...
  9. I can't change my privacy and online safety settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my privacy and online safety settings: I've been trying to play online in The Master Chief Collection but I can't access my privacy settings. all the links I find lead to the same Xbox help page and I can't figure out how to do...
  10. For some reason, I can't change my privacy and security settings.

in XboX Insiders
    For some reason, I can't change my privacy and security settings.: Everytime I press the link to go change my security settings it keeps sending me back to the same page. The page is the support.xbox.com and I keep pressing the button to change it but it sends me...