Can't change resolution - blank screen

Discus and support Can't change resolution - blank screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My father and I have an one x and one s. I've played with the S at home without any issue and since my father bought a series x he offered me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YuliaD, Feb 19, 2021.

1. YuliaD
    YuliaD Guest

Hi,

My father and I have an one x and one s. I've played with the S at home without any issue and since my father bought a series x he offered me to switch, so I could use the one x. I left the power and hdmi cord in the TV and just switched out the console. Booted it up once or twice since then without any issue, till yesterday.

I only had a black screen. Read about the blank screen of death online and started the console in low res mode and got a picture. But I cannot change the resolution to anything else or the screen goes black again.

So far I've

- switched out hdmi cables and ports on the tv

- tried cables and ports on the ps4 pro without any issue

- reseted the Xbox and the tv

- power cycled the Xbox and the tv

- updated the Xbox and the tv

- started in low res modus, resulting in access to the menu

- changed the settings from "auto detect" to hdmi

- tried to change the resolution to anything but 480p, resulting in a black screen

- switched on/off 24hz and 50hz modus

- changing to 720p or 1440p results in the TV stating that those aren't supported and I need to select the right resolution in the connected device. Changing to 1080p gets me a black screen.

- there is no way the console or several hdmi cables got damaged

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. Every piece of advice helps.

:)

YuliaD, Feb 19, 2021
  2. SaporousShelf92 Win User

Changing resolution - screen now blank

does the home button trick work for Xbox 360
  3. iExCIuSiiVe Win User

I found a temporary fix. Here's how:

At your home screen click on "My games and apps"

After make your way to "settings"

In settings click on "display & sound"

In display & sound, change tv connection from "detect" to "hdmi"

Once this is done, there will be an option in tv resolution to change from 640x480 to 1080p.

I hope this helps. It worked for me.

Cheers.
  4. SpaceGhost2K Win User

Got it.

Reset your display settings. Here's how:

If there’s a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset these settings again, press the Menu button, select Settings, and then select Display & sound.
  5. oMR WALKERo Win User

My screen is just black after doing this
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, SaporousShelf92! The 360 has different troubleshooting steps, and this thread is over 2 years old. If you need further assistance, I suggest posting in one of our
    Xbox 360 Support forums to see if the community can help you out. Thanks for understanding!
Thema:

1. Can't change resolution - blank screen - Similar Threads - Can't change resolution

2. Can't change my Xbox settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my Xbox settings.: I can't change any of my Xbox account settings. Every time I try to go to the link, it redirects me to this article. I imagine this is to disallow children in families to change their privacy...
  3. "We need your profile address." Address locked in and I can't change it.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    "We need your profile address." Address locked in and I can't change it.: I want to buy xbox game pass and one of the steps forces me to enter my profile address, but I cant enter it since i'm locked in at USA and can't change it myself (it's grayed out)....
  4. I woltte games play but I'm too young and can't change my old as the email looked first :-(

in XBoX on Windows
    I woltte games play but I'm too young and can't change my old as the email looked first :-(: Pls help my my change my account data age of the account b6f38b54-e0c2-4a5e-9f7a-705e999451c5
  5. I can't change Xbox 360 account region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change Xbox 360 account region: I'm getting "There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you, and try again later." when I try to change it. I...
  6. I can't change my privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change my privacy settings: When I open up the Xbox support page, two links are found there that lead me to privacy & online safety. When I click that link, it creates a separate tab with the Microsoft support page again....
  7. Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy...: Trying to play Minecraft online but it tells me to 'change my Microsoft settings.' Did some research and I need to edit my privacy settings on Xbox. When I got to the page to change them however...
  8. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan - Can't Change Resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan - Can't Change Resolution: I have XBox Games Pass for PC and the game The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan will not allow me to change the resolution. It's defaulted to 1024x768 and everytime I try to change it to...
  9. Can't change resolution in Hellblade, through Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change resolution in Hellblade, through Xbox Game Pass for PC: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice seems to always render at the display's max / native / recommended resolution, regardless of what you set the resolution to in-game or in Windows. Anyone know of a...
  10. Ori and the Blind Forest - Can't change resolution

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ori and the Blind Forest - Can't change resolution: Hi, I recently bought Ori and the Blind Forest for PC. The game will not allow me to change the resolution above 1280x720p. I have followed instructions in other forum posts but these did not...