Can't change the privacy settings for my xbox live account. (Minecraft Realms)

Discus and support Can't change the privacy settings for my xbox live account. (Minecraft Realms) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried to buy Minecraft Realms but it says I have to go change my privacy settings on the xbox/microsoft website. There is actually no way to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Diemute, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Diemute
    Diemute Guest

I've tried to buy Minecraft Realms but it says I have to go change my privacy settings on the xbox/microsoft website. There is actually no way to change the privacy settings to my account, My account is not a child account and I don't even own a Xbox.
    I've tried clicking multiple links that supposedly are to help me change my online game privacy settings. If anyone knows how to without a xbox please answer, Thanks!

:)

Diemute, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Thund3r5h0ck Win User

Can't update Privacy and Online Safety Settings - Unexpected Error

My problem isn't on the Xbox console but with using Xbox live to sign in to the windows 10 version of minecraft on my PC. I'm completely unable to change any privacy settings on my account, so I can't log in to a friends realm. It seems to be an issue with
    the Family settings - I have access to them on an adult assigned account, but I can't change them. I get the error message "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later"
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Minecraft Realms Nintendo Switch

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with Minecraft Realms on the Nintendo Switch. Based on the message you received, it may be possible that your account doesn't have the correct permissions to access online multiplayer across different
    devices.

Is your account a child or adult account? Players under 13 years old will have online multiplayer disabled by default with Minecraft and
    won’t be able to join Realms or servers unless a parent changes their account settings.
    For help with changing these account settings, you will need to change your
    Privacy and Online settings of the Xbox Live account.

For further information on this and other information related to Minecraft Realms or Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch, I recommend the following support articles:

Minecraft Realms

Minecraft for Nintendo Switch FAQ

I hope that this information helps out!
  4. pasqualeeno Win User

I need help with Minecraft for Nintendo switch realms

5. zt4_2020 Win User

Minecraft cannot access results due to privacy settings

Thank you for your reply. All privacy settings have been verified and are set to “Active” or “Everyone” so there should be no barrier to multi-player games and join groups.

The problem is not that I can’t join a specific Realm. It’s a general problem. Under Play, Minecraft says says “You need permission. You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety
    settings on Xbox Live."
  6. pasqualeeno Win User

Minecraft Cross Platform

Thema:

1. Can't change the privacy settings for my xbox live account. (Minecraft Realms) - Similar Threads - Can't change privacy

2. Why can't I change my child's privacy settings on Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my child's privacy settings on Xbox?: I've been trying to change my child's Xbox permissions and restrictions to allow her to play multiplayer, but it keeps telling me to verify my age. When I click the verification link, it sends me...
  3. can't change privacy settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't change privacy settings: I just want to play multiplayer mc with my friends, but whenever I try to change the privacy settings on my account it says i can't because i'm the member of a family and my family doesn't allow...
  4. I can't change my privacy settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my privacy settings.: For a reason unknown to me, I can't change my privacy settings for Xbox, and it instead redirects me to a site saying that I was redirected because I don't have permission to change them. The...
  5. Xbox directs me to "Why can't I change my privacy settings?" whenever I try to log in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox directs me to "Why can't I change my privacy settings?" whenever I try to log in.: I tried to claim Minecraft bedrock for free since I own java already. When I got on Xbox page I wasn't logged in so I clicked the sign in button and it directs me to a "Why can't I change my...
  6. My account isn't in a family group but I can't change any of my privacy settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account isn't in a family group but I can't change any of my privacy settings.: Hello, I've been trying to access user created content in Forza 5 but I keep getting an error which says "You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set...
  7. Can't seem to change my xbox privacy settings anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't seem to change my xbox privacy settings anymore: Before that happened, I used to always can change my xbox privacy settings freely, but then it seems that the option for me to change my xbox privacy settings has been disabled and now, when I...
  8. Can't change my privacy and online settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my privacy and online settings: Hey everyone. Since I migrated my Minecraft account, I haven't been able to play Minecraft Multiplayer (servers). I've tried changing my privacy and online settings, but I can't access them...
  9. Can't change xbox privacy settings because of family group

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change xbox privacy settings because of family group: why does microsoft automaticaly place me into a family group and even better, why was removed the option of leaving, the 3 dots where previously according to videos had the option to leave, now i...
  10. Can't change my child's privacy Settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my child's privacy Settings?: I want my child to be able to play online in Minecraft Java Edition, but upon trying to change his settings so that he can play, as I hover over over his Icon, it won't let me click onto his...