Can’t change to a custom picture

Discus and support Can’t change to a custom picture in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I need help with the xbox app on using custom pictures. It first said to change to a adult account which I did. Then I tried again and it still said... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by TimTheGr3at, Aug 5, 2019.

1. TimTheGr3at
    TimTheGr3at Guest

I need help with the xbox app on using custom pictures. It first said to change to a adult account which I did. Then I tried again and it still said only adult accounts. This is my alt.

:)

TimTheGr3at, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Drizzle J Win User

Maybe the system is extra cautious and thinking a kid could sign in to a parent account and do this so it might literally wait until the 18th Birthday of the given birthdate... I’m not 100% sure but from what I’m reading, it could be it
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

When an account is setup the DOB that is put on it is the DOB on the Xbox profile for the life of the Xbox profile.

Even if you go into your MS account and change the DOB the Xbox profile DOB will not change it will still see the original DOB.

So if to the OP if your DOB on your MS account when it was originally setup is over 18 and it is still giving you this problem then like DrifterX22 said you would need to sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/family and remove yourself from the
    family. This will then put you into your own family as an adult and should then allow you to put a custom gamerpic.

If you remove yourself from the family and the DOB on your account when it was originally setup is not over 18 you will NOT be able to do anything on your account until you are added to a family with and adult to supervise your account.
  4. Broward Blvd Win User

I had the same issue. So I signed into my “Parent” account and removed myself from the family. I also changed the DOB on my account and made my account an adult account. Still, I could not change my picture. I had to wait until I was actually 18. Don’t
    know why this happens but hopefully this gets resolved.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Go In your profile and go in Personalise, so try change the pic for there
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.

Related Issues
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Definition of a Microsoft child account

A child's account no longer appears in your family on Xbox One
Thema:

1. Can’t change to a custom picture - Similar Threads - Can’t change custom

2. Can’t change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamertag: Im trying to use my free gamertag change but it fails every time. I’ve tried on edge, chrome and firefox. When i hit the claim button it doesn’t do anything then when i refresh I get an error: Bad...
  3. I can’t change my gamerpic

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can’t change my gamerpic: Whenever i go to change my gamerpic to a custom image on the xbox app on iphone, it says i am unable to upload a custom image because of my past behaviour. Ive never got a ban or even a warning on...
  4. Can’t change gamer tag on Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t change gamer tag on Nintendo Switch: I have looked at countless different thing but there all for xbox, not nintendo switch 17c97fe2-2d34-4b1d-b581-249cd7055b24
  5. I can’t change my gamer pic because of past behavior all I was doing was having one to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t change my gamer pic because of past behavior all I was doing was having one to...: I can’t change my gamer pic because of past behavior all I was doing was having one to scare my friend nothing bad is this a forever thing or no? f02e74cd-a0bf-43b1-baf2-27c7f025e0bb
  6. Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change gamertag on Xbox website: Split from this thread. Hi I know this post is from a month ago but im having the same issues, my profile region is UK ive checked multiple times but when I make payment it changes to the US...
  7. Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account: Hi, I have recently had some priblems with Xbox Live connection issues recently, and now I seem to be having trouble with my account set up. Today I took a nice picture and thought of putting it...
  8. I can’t change to a custom gamer picture even though I’m on adult settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t change to a custom gamer picture even though I’m on adult settings: I can’t change my gamer picture to a custom one even though I’m on adult setting 2bb27923-da96-498d-8a14-df3e5e07d417
  9. Can’t change custom gamer picture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change custom gamer picture: My account is an adult account and I still can’t change my gamer picture to a custom one because it says “You must be an adult account”. Also, my account is 108 years old. I just want to have a...
  10. Can’t change gamer pic to custom image

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change gamer pic to custom image: I’m having trouble with my gamerpic I can’t change to custom image says my behaviour on previous past on enforcement when I have never uploaded a image and I’m not on the insider program when I...