Can't choose my external SSD drive as an installation folder

Discus and support Can't choose my external SSD drive as an installation folder in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I formated my pc and started reinstalling everything. I have a new external SSD drive so i started installing all game there. When i started for the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Andreah2o, Dec 3, 2021.

1. /u/Andreah2o
    /u/Andreah2o Guest

I formated my pc and started reinstalling everything. I have a new external SSD drive so i started installing all game there.

When i started for the first time the xbox app i was able to choose my SSD but after several restart of my pc during windows update now i can't choose it as an installation path.
    Do you have any solution? if i go to setting i can select it as default installation folder but when i try to install a game i can see every other driver but not the external SSD

submitted by /u/Andreah2o
    [link] [comments]

/u/Andreah2o, Dec 3, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Import app/game from old disk

Hi Del,

I believe you should be able to copy or move the folder from your Notebook's internal hard drive to your external SSD as long as you can have both drives up on your computer.

If you know how to locate the folder and select the option to copy or move and then select the location you want to move it to give it a try and let us know if it worked.

If it doesn't you will need to install it again onto your new SSD.
  3. SamQY Win User

Forza Motorsport 7 on account just showing "Bundle is not available"!!?

The WindowsApps folder will be created on your C hard drive, you will see the game folder but it doesn't mean that the game is being allocated on your C drive. The game will only occupy the storage you selected to install. If nothing is being installed on your SSD you have to check if your SSD is formatted in NTFS format.
  4. KaelanR101 Win User

Forza Motorsport 7 on account just showing "Bundle is not available"!!?

Thank you.

It seems to have started installing, but now I'm having a separate issue.

Under Settings>Storage in Windows 10, I have everything set to an external SSD, drive I: but the microsoft store, no matter what, installs the game to the default "windowsapps" folder in the C: drive. Is there anything I can do to fix this??
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Rise of the Tomb Raider only starts with DLC installed, if console is switched offline.

Interesting. I have the game and all it's DLC installed on an external hard drive with no issues. The only difference I can see is that you're using an SSD hard drive where I use a plain old WD Elements.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the nature of how SSD drives store data compared to none SSD drives.

Do you have the external drive set as the default location for all downloads/installs in the storage settings on the Xbox ?
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox(Beta) For windows 10 UNABLE TO CONFIGURE DOWNLOAD LOCATION

you can select any drive as a place to install but it will create the three folders and add certain system files to that drive, it will also make the folders it creates as system folders so you will not be able to access them, i currently have all my gamepass
    games on a 4tb hdd, my windows install is on an ssd.

gamepass games can be moved to another drive but that drive will also then contain the three folders. it is a bad implementation and i would rather have something like how all the other work, where i can just copy the folder and shoft it over to another
    drive if i please.
Thema:

1. Can't choose my external SSD drive as an installation folder - Similar Threads - Can't choose external

2. Xbox App - (still) Can't choose HD to install game.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App - (still) Can't choose HD to install game.: Recently was added the option to set the advanced instalation setting, but I'm still can't choose my drive D:\ to install games, even though is possible to choose it as default drive for...
  3. Can't choose 1440p resolution with 120hz refresh rate on my Xbox Series S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't choose 1440p resolution with 120hz refresh rate on my Xbox Series S.: Hello, as I stated in title, I have difficulties with setting up 2560x1440 resolution with 120Hz, it only allows me to choose 60Hz. The weird thing is that I can select 4k with 120Hz which...
  4. I can't choose the RTX Minecraft version.

in XboX Insiders
    I can't choose the RTX Minecraft version.: Hi, I've been triying to join the beta program of Minecraft RTX using the insiders app but in the selection there is no insiders option at all. I have all the requierements and own the game but...
  5. I can't choose 4KUHD resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't choose 4KUHD resolution: I have a 4k uhd and brand new hdmi 4k cables. Every time i chose 4kuhd resolution the screen cuts off. Only displaying in low resolution mode. I have hdmi 2.0 enabled on my tcl roku. And i have...
  6. I can't choose 4KUHD resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't choose 4KUHD resolution: I have a 4k uhd and brand new hdmi 4k cables. Every time i chose 4kuhd resolution the screen cuts off. Only displaying in low resolution mode. I have hdmi 2.0 enabled on my tcl roku. And i have...
  7. can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected...: Hi - external hard drive (500GB) is set up and detected to capture gameplay clips. It should be able to capture up to 1 hour right? But when I try to choose the length of time to capture, the max...
  8. I can't use the app, I am stuck where I need to choose between the two option

in XboX Insiders
    I can't use the app, I am stuck where I need to choose between the two option: When I try to use it, I'm stuck where i need to choose between the xcloud or the console streaming, which is the one i want to use submitted by /u/personabovemegay [link] [comments]
  9. Can't choose the 3 month subscription for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't choose the 3 month subscription for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Hi there, I recently tried to buy the Xbox game pass Ultimate in the special promotion for 3 months for 1€. However I can't seem to choose anything different than 1 month. [img] My friends...
  10. Can't choose custom gamerpic (Xbox for windows)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't choose custom gamerpic (Xbox for windows): When I created my account, it let me do it, but I simply can't anymore. I go to my profile, then I click "customize", then I click on "Change gamerpic", but it only lets me choose among hundreds...