Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types

Discus and support Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I live in an apartment complex, and do not have access to a modem. I originally was just running a ethernet cord from a port in the wall to my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FierceCheese, Feb 8, 2014.

1. FierceCheese
    FierceCheese Guest

So I live in an apartment complex, and do not have access to a modem. I originally was just running a ethernet cord from a port in the wall to my xbox to connect, but always had either a strict or moderate nat type. Since then, I have bought a router in
    an attempt to get past any firewall that might be blocking me. I went straight to setting up my xbox with a static ip that i put as my router's dmz. This didn't change a thing, so I attempted to open up the ports suggested by the Xbox internet page, which
    didn't either. I then went on to try enabling the UPnP on my router, which has opened my NAT type. I was able to connect to my friend on a regular basis for awhile, but since then, we rarely can connect, even though we both have open NAT types. Resetting
    routers doesn't change a thing, so I was just curious what our next step might be, or if not having access to a modem will be a major roadblock.

:)

FierceCheese, Feb 8, 2014
  2. magicalclick
    magicalclick Guest
    Xbox connection issues HELP!!!

Are you sharing internet connection? Because this "both have open NAT types" sounds like you are sharing internet.

=== God is great, mTalk is good, people are crazy... ===

magicalclick, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Lehoii
    Lehoii Guest
    Xbox connection issues HELP!!!

Why do I only disconnect from an xbox live party when a certain person joins my party? It also causes whatever game I'm playing to lag and sometimes disconnect. Really frustrating. We both have open NAT types. Otherwise connection is flawless. Even have gone into my router settings and opened all necessary ports. PLEASE HELP!!!

Lehoii, Feb 8, 2014
Thema:

1. Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types - Similar Threads - Can't connect friend's

2. I can't connect to my friend's multiplayer minecraft game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to my friend's multiplayer minecraft game: Whenever i try to join his game it says 'unable to connect to world'. We were playing on his world just fine yesterday, it was only today that it occurred. I've tried everything from testing both...
  3. Minecraft friend can't connect to my world (read full post)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft friend can't connect to my world (read full post): So me and my friend are both on Xbox One, were both on the same version of minecraft, and both of our nat types are open. Every single day of the week I try to invite him and he gets "can't...
  4. Friend Can't Connect to other friends minecraft worlds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend Can't Connect to other friends minecraft worlds: I have been trying to play minecraft with a friend. Every time he tries to join either my own or our other friend's world. It loads for a few seconds then says Cannot Connect. We both have the...
  5. I can't connect minecraft on switch to my friend on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect minecraft on switch to my friend on Xbox one: I've been playing Minecraft on the Nintendo switch for a while on my friend's world and he plays on Xbox one. We've had no problems connecting until today. Every time I try to join his world it...
  6. Can't Connect to a Friend in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Connect to a Friend in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: As of today, I am unable to connect to a friend of mine in Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. I have never had this issue before. There are 4 other people in, that have joined through the Xbox app...
  7. Friends can't join me shen already one friend is connected (Minecraft windows 10 edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends can't join me shen already one friend is connected (Minecraft windows 10 edition): Hello I've got a problem on Minecraft windows 10 edition. When i invite a friend to play, he can join and play. But if i want to invite another friend, then, he try to join, and got the message...
  8. Can't Connect To My Friend's World In Minecarft Windows 10 Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Connect To My Friend's World In Minecarft Windows 10 Edition: I just wanted to play with my friend , she created a new world , she even tried to invite me, it didn't help either. [img] 257ec339-2125-485a-bd6d-0a15afe5c5cb
  9. State of Decay 2 - Can't connect with a friend (coop)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2 - Can't connect with a friend (coop): Hi, we can't connect each other, when he call me show the error code 1.006. 6830b730-eaed-416f-b73b-6d6d400e2d14
  10. I can join multiplayer queues, but can't play with friends. Server Connectivity Blocked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can join multiplayer queues, but can't play with friends. Server Connectivity Blocked?: I've been trying to play some games on the Windows Store with a friend and every time I invite him or he invites me, it fails to join the game. I thought it was the specific game having issues, so...