Can't connect to multiplayer servers on some games

Discus and support Can't connect to multiplayer servers on some games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having trouble connecting to the multiplayer part of some of my games, such as Halo: MCC, FIFA 15 and Battlefield: Hardline, but I am connected to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottTheElite, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Can't connect to multiplayer servers on some games

I'm having trouble connecting to the multiplayer part of some of my games, such as Halo: MCC, FIFA 15 and Battlefield: Hardline, but I am connected to Xbox Live fine and can get on some games like GTA V. When I look at my network settings and try to test
    my mulitplayer connection it says that my network is not set up, and when I look at the advanced settings the primary DNS and secondary DNS appear as "fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1" and "fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1" respectively. All other settings look to be fine. I have tried
    restarting my console and my internet but it does not seem to have helped. Can anyone help me?

:)

ScottTheElite, Apr 4, 2015
  2. markus900ies
    markus900ies Guest
    CONNECTION TO EA ONLINE FAILED

Since 3 days i can't play multiplayer. I recive this message "Failed to connect to EA Online"

Does anyone have this problem? There's some problem with EA servers?

markus900ies, Apr 4, 2015
  3. Can't connect to any game servers.

I suddenly can't connect to game servers anymore, i only own 2 multiplayer games, Killer Instinct and Battlefront, I can play multiplayer on KI but it won't register my leaderboard score anymore, I can't login to the EA servers anymore on Battlefront either,
    also, the Xbox homescreen is kinda laggy and pictures of news or new info wont load properly, indicating that it's not the game servers, rather than my network or hardware/system, any ideas on whats happening or how to solve it?

OpuSafariAudio, Apr 4, 2015
  4. Can't connect to multiplayer servers on some games

UPDATE: Switching from a wired connection to a wireless seems to have solved the problem of connecting to multiplayer servers, but my primary DNS now shows as "fe80::9e97:26ff:fe8f:e02a%4" which doesn't seem right. Any info on this, or how to solve the problem
    with a wired connection (the wireless connection can be unstable for me at times) would be appreciated.

ScottTheElite, Apr 4, 2015
  5. smileskybird Win User

How Will "The Elder Scrolls Online" Make You Pay?

I watched some videos of it and from what I've heard, you will NOT require a subscription/pay. That's why COD and Halo and most games don't charge for multiplayer service on Xbox. Because your Xbox Live Gold membership covers multiplayer on Xbox. But it
    will require you to be connected to Xbox Live and the game servers in order to play, you can't even play single player without an Xbox Live and game developers servers connection.
  6. zanswer Win User

Why is Xbox Live throttling the WAN connection in general?

MetallElefant08, peer-to-peer or dedicated server not matter, all network connections has some parameters that critical for game experience, like latency, jitter or bandwidth.

Xbox Live Services always used for multiplayer games, even if connection type is peer-to-peer for clients. To create such connections, Xbox Live provide helper servers and some basic services to do all that multiplayer magic. So if You loose connection to
    Xbox Live, You loose connection to friend console too.

Xbox One always is sending low bandwidth traffic at background, like keepalive packets or statistical data. Packets are small and sending is not often, so this can't harm Your connection or game experience.
  7. RileySimon076 Win User

Can't finish multiplayer tests (Please help!)

I have problem same you guy , I use wireless my NAT is open

I test Multiplayer it have a error massage " Can't finish multiplayer tests" but some time I will test it again it's all good but I can't play multiplayer games

I can't play any multiplayer games Call of Duty Ghost, Battlefield 4 and they have a error massages.

Call of Duty Ghost

"you must have an active network connection to play xbox live matches"

Battlefield 4

"You have lost connection to EA servers, online features will be unavailable"
  8. xCHEMISTx Win User

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Haha. Epic to have Halo 2 @ 3 multiplayer back on the X1 on dedicated servers 1080p@60fps. Can't wait to relive some of the best multiplayer in gaming history.
  9. MrDeezy2783 Win User

Searching for friends for Chaos Squad

Hi All,

Has anyone else been having trouble connecting to multiplayer since the server issue the other day? I can connect to multiplayer on Destiny no problem, but can't seem to join a Chaos Squad game since this happened.
Thema:

Can't connect to multiplayer servers on some games

1. Can't connect to multiplayer servers on some games - Similar Threads - Can't connect multiplayer

2. can't connect to minecraft multiplayer world but nat is open

in XBoX on Windows
    can't connect to minecraft multiplayer world but nat is open: hello! i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i've been having with minecraft bedrock on the pc. prior to about a week ago i had no issues connecting to my friends world and having...
  3. Can't connect to multiplayer.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to multiplayer.: My kid is not able to play in any multiplayer online. They just want to join another lobby on Minecraft. 6d0a4ba0-ab9d-48f9-8389-e8f48e4babe4
  4. Can't stay connected to multiplayer servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't stay connected to multiplayer servers: I have recently moved to my parent's place in Germany from the UK, trying to set up my Xbox One X. Can connect fine to Xbox Live (on a wired connection) and when I run network and multiplayer...
  5. Internet Connection is working but I can't connect to any multiplayer game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Internet Connection is working but I can't connect to any multiplayer game servers: I have an Xbox One S, three years old, 2TB hard-drive. I've never had a problem like this: NAT Type: Open All services Available Download speed: 52mb Upload speed: 8mb Packet Loss: 0% MTU:...
  6. I can't connect to multiplayer games

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't connect to multiplayer games: For a few months now (on Minecraft) I haven't been able to connect to games with friends through invites. Their games don't show up in my friends list, I am on Android, and I thought it would go...
  7. Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests: I have been unable to connect to multiplayer servers for the past couple days now and I am unsure what else to do at this point. At first the problem was having a moderate Nat type and the Upnp...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, player can't connect to Multiplayer Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, player can't connect to Multiplayer Game: Hey, I have a connection problem on the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft. After playing for weeks a specific user can't join a specific world anymore, on a random day. He receives a infinite...
  9. I can't connect to my friend's multiplayer minecraft game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to my friend's multiplayer minecraft game: Whenever i try to join his game it says 'unable to connect to world'. We were playing on his world just fine yesterday, it was only today that it occurred. I've tried everything from testing both...
  10. Multiplayer can't connect because, "an xbox live privilege limitation prevents you from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer can't connect because, "an xbox live privilege limitation prevents you from...: I renewed my gold membership about 15 minutes ago and I still get "an xbox live privilege limitation prevents you from accessing this feature." There was no notification that my gold had ran out,...