Cant connect to wifi when hard drive plugged in

Discus and support Cant connect to wifi when hard drive plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is the usb 3 interference problem - took me days to work out the the xbox will only work with a external hard drive and connect when nothing is plugged... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LeeButton1, Sep 6, 2019.

1. LeeButton1
    LeeButton1 Guest

Is the usb 3 interference problem - took me days to work out the the xbox will only work with a external hard drive and connect when nothing is plugged into the usb 3 on my nearby laptop - am not jokin, go to 5 ghz or wont work!

Seen this prob lots but no answers?

I worked it out- many prob just binned em!

:)

LeeButton1, Sep 6, 2019
  2. LeeButton1 Win User

Dunno mate tried a modern Seagate and a WD Blue in a enclosure both same - xbox wont connect if anything plugged in usb 3 on laptop Unplug whatever from the laptop usb 3 the xbox connects immediately?
  3. LeeButton1 Win User

2.4Ghz is very prone to interference from other electronic devices.

I doubt it's the USB itself, more likely the external drive has little, no, or faulty shielding in it to stop it from causing issues when powered up.
    Yeah so all that get this problem and cant connect their xbox - should know this I OK at this and took 4 days to work out - unplug all from usb 3 on me laptop then xbox connects with a hard drive connected perfect -is a usb 3 problem is sure but get any support
    - work it out youself I guess or resets will solve it ?
  4. Gimpy_P Win User

2.4Ghz is very prone to interference from other electronic devices.

I doubt it's the USB itself, more likely the external drive has little, no, or faulty shielding in it to stop it from causing issues when powered up.
  5. LeeButton1 Win User

My xbox one dies if anything connected to usb 3 on my laptop - when a hard drive is connected to the xbox!

Try it unplug nearby usb 3 connections and will work perfect - a unworking hd on your usb 3?
  6. {Parity} Win User

That is odd but some things can definitely cause interference with the WIFI signal. Glad you got it resolved.
Thema:

1. Cant connect to wifi when hard drive plugged in - Similar Threads - Cant connect wifi

2. I cant connect to my own wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant connect to my own wifi.: So 2 days ago i turned my xbox one s on. And suddenly it wasn't connected to my wifi. So i tried to reconnect to my wifi, entering the password etc. But still it doesn't want to connect while...
  3. Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi: Verizon (ISPs): Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi Hello Matt! If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting your Campus's IT department. They may have ways...
  4. Wireless Gaming Adapters: cant connect to wifi

Wireless Gaming Adapters: cant connect to wifi: Wireless Gaming Adapters: cant connect to wifi just bought a brand new xbox one s. I cant get it to connect to my wireless and the router is in another room so wired is not an option. the router...
  5. SMC: Cant connect to wifi

SMC: Cant connect to wifi: SMC (Modems/Gateways): Cant connect to wifi help me. My xbox isnt connecting to the internet 8466d3eb-5d7a-4111-bedc-fe88a6dd11f1
  6. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Cant connect to wifi

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Cant connect to wifi: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Cant connect to wifi I can't connect to wifi. It keeps saying my network isn't set up 0913f31b-31b3-4aa6-a8fc-a473336cc31c
  7. I cant connect my xbox to wifi. And i know its on because my other devices have connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant connect my xbox to wifi. And i know its on because my other devices have connection.: I cant connect my xbox to wifi. And i know its on because my other devices have connection. I took my xbox to a friends house to play and when i brought it back to my house it wouldn't connect to...
  8. Cant connect to wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wifi.: So i got this xbox one 2 days ago and its been great i absolutely love it, but now i cant connect to my wireless network and i dont know why. Ive tried everything i could and its just not working....
  9. Cant Connect to Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant Connect to Wifi: Yesterday when i got home from work and turned on my Xbox One it would not connect to my wifi even tho it could see it was there and i was using the same wifi on my laptop so my Wifi is not the...
  10. Cant connect to WiFi and no error codes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to WiFi and no error codes: I've checked the password is correct, I've cleared caches and changed SSIP name. What Country/State/Province do you live in?: UK Modem brand & model number: BT Hub 4 Router brand & model...