Can’t connect Xbox to monitor

Discus and support Can’t connect Xbox to monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son changed the fps to 1080 on the Xbox and now it will not connect to the monitor. The monitor says ‘check video cable’. My son thinks the problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by shannon martin1, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Can’t connect Xbox to monitor

My son changed the fps to 1080 on the Xbox and now it will not connect to the monitor. The monitor says ‘check video cable’. My son thinks the problem is to do with the fps setting being to high. Is this correct, or what is the problem? We have tried connecting the Xbox to the tv and other monitors but have the same problem.

Thanks

:)

shannon martin1, Aug 6, 2022
  2. eduscxbox Win User

xbox1

Hello LivelyComa62, first of all, Happy New Year!!! ^^

To connect your Xbox one on a pc screen you need to have a HDMI cable and a monitor with a HDMI. If your monitor doesn`t have a HDMI port you can use an adapter HDMI to DVI or HDMI to VGA and connect the Xbox to the adapter and the adapter to the monitor.
    Hope it helps.

Best Regards.
  3. SaintAvalon Win User

Xbox fan running, Nothing appears on screen

Have you tried the steps on the following page:
    support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

This will show you how to reset your Xbox out put settings, and can hopefully reset the connection to your HDMI. If this doesn't work, do you have another monitor/tv you can test it with? Make sure it isn't just your monitor? Also is your monitor on and
    set to the correct input?
  4. onyxishere Win User

New X box one green xbox screen then black

5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox one x turns on, beeping, but won't start up

Hello Júlio CésarM. Ferreira,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One X not starting up properly. To troubleshoot this, please follow the steps on this page: Troubleshoot
    Blank TV/Monitor

I hope this helps.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Xbox into monitor/hearing no sound

On the console this is not possible. If your monitor has 3.5mm output you can connect the speakers to the monitor.
Thema:

Can’t connect Xbox to monitor

1. Can’t connect Xbox to monitor - Similar Threads - Can’t connect monitor

2. Unable to connect to Forza Horizon 5 servers, able to play multiplayer, but can’t access...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Forza Horizon 5 servers, able to play multiplayer, but can’t access...: Okay, I’m not sure if this is a hardware issue, network issue, operating system issue or just a game issue, but recently I installed the update and DLC for Forza Horizon 5, and ever since then,...
  3. I can’t connect to certain game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t connect to certain game servers: I can’t to games like fall guys, gta, and rainbow and I don’t know how to fix it please help. 4eddb5a4-a4a3-4538-a06d-0956daa93874
  4. Xbox One S can’t connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S can’t connect to wifi: I can’t connect my wi fi to my xbox one s it says there is a hardware problem but the Wi-Fi is fine. Any ideas? 98331c28-9eb7-451d-9b8d-035743f50f90
  5. Xbox series X persistently can’t connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X persistently can’t connect to internet: I have an Xbox series x which has been working fine for about 3 months. In the last few days when it is switched on it can’t connect to the internet. At first I was using wifi. Following...
  6. Can’t connect to Xbox live through backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on an Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live through backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on an Xbox Series X: I saw a previous post about this but the thread was closed before I could find a sufficient answer so here is my problem. I tried resetting the MAC address and not signing in until inside the game...
  7. Can’t connect to Xbox party, help

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t connect to Xbox party, help: I’m on the latest version and I can’t connect to partys, it will say “connecting” for 5-10 seconds then will kick me from the party? I’m a very social person on Xbox and this is annoying me alot....
  8. Xbox elite 2 can’t connect to xbox accessories app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox elite 2 can’t connect to xbox accessories app on pc: According to the above topic I want to set up my joystick so I connect my controller to my computer using usb c cable but it can't connect, it says "unfortunately this app doesn't currently...
  9. Can’t connect to party or any Game Servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t connect to party or any Game Servers: Right I was playing r6 this morning perfectly fine and was in a party with my mates. Round about 4:30pm the party died and connection to rainbow six servers dropped however I still had internet. I...
  10. Halo infinite - can’t connect to dedicated servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo infinite - can’t connect to dedicated servers: My halo infinite loads but my profile won’t load once in game. My brother is playing the game just fine upstairs under the same connection. The error i receive mentions something about dedicated...