Can't create Xbox live profile for child

Discus and support Can't create Xbox live profile for child in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; every time I try and set it up a profile on the console it says that it is for a child. This is true. it says I need to attach to my adult profile.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FRUITCAKE86, Mar 9, 2015.

1. FRUITCAKE86
    FRUITCAKE86 Guest

every time I try and set it up a profile on the console it says that it is for a child. This is true. it says I need to attach to my adult profile. When I do this and try to set it up with console again it says the email address is attached to another profile
    and won't continue thru set up. Over and over and over again't in a circle. It's enough to drive you insane!

:)

FRUITCAKE86, Mar 9, 2015
  2. DustinClaeys
    DustinClaeys Guest
    Child trying to join Xbox Live with existing profile

Exactly!!!

They need to update the site, because these steps do NOT work for child accounts anymore:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag

or

They need to change the way you can create a child account. They won't let you create a child account on the console anymore. You MUST go to xbox.com and create one. So those steps won't work.

My only options are:

1. convert my CHILD'S offline profile to an ADULT xbox live account

2. tell my kid's that they need to start all over

Pretty much a bunch of B.S.

And I'm told you can't convert an adult account to a child account!!!!!!

How is there not some kind of work-around for this? I'm thinking "Sony"

DustinClaeys, Mar 9, 2015
  3. New to Xbox scene

I hope that I am in the right forum but if not I do apoligize. The question that I have is in the Xbox live account is it possible to create\transfer profiles from child to child ? I have 1 boy and 1 girl and they have created different profiles and want
    to keep friends seperate while in Xbox live. Is this even possible or do you need multiple live accounts? Thanks for any help

FlashedCape33, Mar 9, 2015
  4. Can't create Xbox live profile for child

Hey there, FRUITCAKE86! I'm very sorry to see that you are stuck in a loop when trying to add a parental account to your child account! Hopefully we can get this sorted out, and in the right direction if we can't.

If you haven't already, please remove and download the child account from your console to see if this helps with the looping. It might have added, but is stuck in a loop while trying to set up; redownloading the profile should help with this.

If that doesn't help you out, then let's see what steps we have. First, you will want to make sure that the child account isn't associated with another family account. To do that, you will want to sign in to that child account and go into Settings
    on the Xbox One. Scroll over to the right and you will see Family. If you see other accounts listed there, then they are part of a family, and you will want to sign in to the parent account of that family to remove them. For full instructions,
    you can see our
    Remove a family member from your Xbox One family support article.

If they aren't in a family already, or once they have been removed from the other family, you will want to
    Add a new member to your Xbox One family. You will want to download the profile at this time for the child account, and then follow the steps there.

If this is where you are getting stuck in the loop, then I suggest you
    contact us
    via phone or chat support so that they can look into the child account. There may be an issue with the child account that only our phone or chat team can help you with.

I do hope that what I've got here for you gets you resolved, though! Again, if it doesn't, please do reach out to our phone or chat teams so that they can look into your accounts for you. Can't create Xbox live profile for child :)

Misses Quinzel, Mar 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't create Xbox live profile for child - Similar Threads - Can't create live

2. Can't Remember Email Used To Create Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Remember Email Used To Create Account: So i stupidly sold my xbox one and got a ps4.... big mistake, but the account i used i can not for the life of me remember what my email was, Any way to find out? I dont really want to make a...
  3. Can't create passkey for my home account Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't create passkey for my home account Error codes 0x80bd0001 and 0x80a40008: I am unable to create a passkey for my main (and only) account. Upon entry of the key, I get a looping circle for 2 cycles and returns with "Something went wrong error code 0x80bd001" and...
  4. Can't create a xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't create a xbox account: I have tried several times to create an Xbox live account. I finally went to Microsoft and got an account with them so I went back to x box live and tried to use my Microsoft email for Xbox live...
  5. XBOX Live Party's can't be created sometimes

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live Party's can't be created sometimes: Hey dear XBOX Community, i recognized that sometimes XBOX Live Partys can't be created: If i try to invite a friend to an XBOX Live Party, the most of the time the invitations just doesn't...
  6. Can't create Live account or login to my existing Live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't create Live account or login to my existing Live account: My internet connection is working, the Live connection also works when I test it. But I can't create a new Live account or login to my existing Live account. Error code is just „0“. It says I...
  7. Can't Create Child Xbox Live Account - Error Message: (0x409) 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Create Child Xbox Live Account - Error Message: (0x409) 0x8007041d: When I try to add a child Xbox Live account from my Xbox One and fill out my child's information, enter in my parental information, I get the error message (0x409) 0x8007041d and no Xbox Live...
  8. I can't create a xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't create a xbox live account: Every time I try to create a xbox live account I get a error code and a message that said that I can't create a xbox live account at this time. 6d119094-40e6-49a6-b573-d1a256c5d1d8
  9. Can't pair my son's 360 profile to the Xbox Live account I created online.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't pair my son's 360 profile to the Xbox Live account I created online.: I tried to get my son an Xbox Live account on our 360, but was told I had to do it through my Live account on a computer. I did that but now I can't connect that to his profile. How the crap do I...
  10. Can't associate Xbox Live (from my Xbox 360) with Xbox One as I created new account by ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't associate Xbox Live (from my Xbox 360) with Xbox One as I created new account by ...: When setting up my new Xbox One, I failed to correctly transfer my Xbox 360 account details onto the Xbox One. Instead, I accidently overwrote it with a new account setup. So, I now have 2...