Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox

Discus and support Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, this has been an issue for over a year now since i first downloaded Kingdom Hearts 3 and Untitled Goose Game from the gamepass onto my external... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShaydiiXV, Mar 2, 2021.

1. ShaydiiXV
    ShaydiiXV Guest

Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox

Hi, this has been an issue for over a year now since i first downloaded Kingdom Hearts 3 and Untitled Goose Game from the gamepass onto my external hard drive. Ive never had an issue downloading and uninstalling gamepass games from my hard drive until I first tried uninstalling these 2 games.

I first noticed it when I finished Untitled Goose Game and Kingdom Hearts 3 and uninstalled them to make room for Modern Warfare, but then when i next turned my xbox on, I noticed that UGG and KH3 both reappeared, still taking up space on my hard drive as if ive never uninstalled them.

Everytime i turn my Xbox on after a while I see them still in My Games & Apps and continuously remove them. I also plug my hard drive into my friends xbox sometimes so we can play my games at his house and I find that these games appear to be binded to the hard drive. I’ve tried to open the games to see if they are playable or not which it just says “file missing” or something, I’ve also tried to move the “files” from my hard drive to my Xbox storage which it freezes my xbox and forces me to restart it. I just want these games removed as their GB size is still taking up storage

:)

ShaydiiXV, Mar 2, 2021
  2. EXES5 Win User

My Console Is Out Of Storage Space

Use external hard drives.....delete some of your games you dont play as often...thats all you can do.You can have several external hard drives attached.I used to keep the game im playin on an external enclosure with an ssd on it and i can say its a lil
    bit quicker than the internal hard drive
  3. Zombiesniper911 Win User

Hitman 2 cannot access additional missions

So I did further investigation lol and learned that i don't have the digital version but the disc one. The missions that I deleted were the missions that come with the disc. So I have unplugged my external hard drive and am attempting to install the game
    onto the xbox hard drive. If this works is there any way I can transfer my saved games from my external hard drive to the xbox hard drive?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one external hard drive games audio crash

Hello Vash,

Thank you for keeping us updated. There are some instances in which games on an external hard drive do not receive updates. We recommend moving around some of the games on the internal and external hard drives. Since your internal hard drive is full, you
    can move some of them to the external hard drive. Once the internal hard drive has some extra space, we suggest moving some of the games from the external hard drive to the internal. Check to see if those games require any updates. Be sure to let us know the
    results!
  5. HumbugAT Win User

Mainmenu didn`t respond to buttons after some hrs

Hi Felix,

thx for the help but this doesnt`t worked.

But i played some hours (~5) yesterday with the copied game and the problem didn`t appear during playing.

What i did:

went to "game-administration" and copied (not moved) the game i`m currently playing at to the internal hdd and, still in the menu showing now both games (one on the external and one
    internal), chose the copied one. Im not sure if there will be shown both in the normal games menu so i started it directly from theis menu and for the whole playtime i could open any other entry or game on the dashboard...so i don`t know if its only coincidence
    that the problem doesn`t appears yesterday or if that`s a "workaround". If it`s still working i would say it`s a problem with playing from external drives (mine is a "Seagate Game Drive für Xbox GamePass Edition, 2 TB") and/or with one of the last updates?
    My XBox is now about 1,5 years old and it didn`t had this problem before...

Regarding playing games from internal: i`ll check if the problem appears again if i start it from external (and if, i`ll switch back to internal again).
  6. Temhotabot Win User

I would love to download some new content but my hard drive is full.

You can do one of several things:

-buy a new or used hard drive for your version console.

-buy and use a USB flash drive or external hard drive. (the maximum capacity drive you can use on the console via this method is 16Gb)

-delete it from your hard drive and download what you need/want. You can always re-download the deleted content from your Download History any time.
Thema:

1. Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox - Similar Threads - Can’t delete gamepass

2. Trouble with XBox captures - can’t delete, unreliable iPad app and OneDrive spotty success

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with XBox captures - can’t delete, unreliable iPad app and OneDrive spotty success: Several issues with XBox screeshot and video captures. A basic XBox 1 console. Cannot detete anything. Tried from the XBox and the iPad app. They appear to go away, but then reappear later. New...
  3. I accidentally permanently deleted battleblock theatre and can’t redownload it I need help plz

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally permanently deleted battleblock theatre and can’t redownload it I need help plz: I accidentally permanently deleted battleblock theatre and can’t redownload it I need help plz e4e8b2d9-6cee-4ad1-943d-7c43a3737502
  4. Can’t delete the Mixer app. Since mixer isn’t a thing anymore, why won’t it give me the...

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t delete the Mixer app. Since mixer isn’t a thing anymore, why won’t it give me the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/JustinAmaziing [link] [comments]
  5. Can’t delete looking for group post

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t delete looking for group post: I made one just to test things and to give away an item from the game, and when i wanted to get rid of it, cancel post did nothing. it just did the animation when you click something. it still...
  6. Game deleted itself and I can’t install it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game deleted itself and I can’t install it again: Hello, Yesterday I launched Apex Legends and it prompted me back to home saying an update was needed (56MB). It began, then it said it needed 356MB more and asked to free some space. I checked...
  7. Can’t delete game save files from the cloud.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t delete game save files from the cloud.: Title says it all. I went back to play Assassin’s Creed Unity out of boredom and wanted to start a new save file, but there’s no option to do it in game and I can’t do it from my system storage...
  8. I can’t delete Peggle cloud save on my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t delete Peggle cloud save on my Xbox one: I can’t delete Peggle cloud save on my Xbox one. Please help. 361f25aa-0448-486a-9fae-b5a444618f72
  9. My Xbox live subscription ended and I want to delete/cancel it but I can’t how?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox live subscription ended and I want to delete/cancel it but I can’t how?: i cant cancle my xbox live subscriptoin cause it ended and i dont want to pay it anymore. 5f339b2d-61d9-496e-8f6d-472b28018e60
  10. Why can’t we delete our payment history shouldn’t be our choice Microsoft not yours

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t we delete our payment history shouldn’t be our choice Microsoft not yours: Why cant we delete our payment history thats our choice not yours 89bac3a0-cb65-4b21-8247-6741925a21f9