Can't Download and Install Games to Drives other than C:/

Discus and support Can't Download and Install Games to Drives other than C:/ in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All, I have an issue regarding downloading games into other drives than C:/ on my computer. Every time I tried to install the game to D:/ or E:/... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Abil Harsono, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Abil Harsono
    Abil Harsono Guest

Dear All,

I have an issue regarding downloading games into other drives than C:/ on my computer. Every time I tried to install the game to D:/ or E:/ drives, my downloaded game will show an error code 0x80073d21 with title "Change where you install apps"

I already did the drive change in Storage > Change where new content is saved to other than C:/ but the result is still nothing even if I put the exact same download location in Xbox Apps. Every time it downloads and the size reached 845 KB, it stopped and instantly notify and error as mentioned earlier. Is there any other way to fix this?

Note: I did this on two different computers to test that it might be storage or OS/Apps issue and the result remains the same. The game MUST go to C.

:)

Abil Harsono, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Can't install on a drive other than C:

Hello, jdcopelin. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Do you know if your E: drive is NTFS? Game Pass only allow games to be installed on NTFS partitions.

- Click the start button and then (depending on your operating system) click Computer or My Computer.

- In the Computer window, right click the drive you wish to check and then click Properties from the menu.

- In the Disk Properties window, you will see it next to File system.

If it's FAT32, just convert it to NTFS:

Open a command prompt window by typing Command prompt in the Windows search box. Right click on it and Run as administrator. Type:

convert E: /fs:ntfs

Press Enter to being the process.

The file system conversion process should not take very long and the on-screen details are fairly intuitive.

Once completed, your FAT32 drive will be converted to NTFS. Close the Command Prompt window and you’re all done.

See if this helps and let me know, please.
  3. Sam43217846 Win User

Prey on Games Pass for PC

Has anyone been able to resolve this? Prey is the only game I can't install on a drive other than C:, why does it need to be on a system drive?
  4. aka Scratch Win User

XBOX GAMEPASS GIVING ERROR downloading games.

Are you trying to install the game to a drive other than the C Drive? Ive seen that error code before and remember it maybe being like an old glitch on the windows store that some games needed ti be downloaded to the C drive or something like that.
  5. adrian2608 Win User

Xbox app wont install games on C drive, but on another without a problem.

It doesn't go about FORZA, it goes that now I can't install any game, no matter which on C drive, but on other drives, it's not a problem, I already installed FORZA on other drives, want FIFA, but I can't install it on C after the situation with FORZA, and reseted laptop. This is the case.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Fallout 76 Game Pass for PC - cannot launch

Hi,

I had this when I first tried it. Turns out the Game-Pass version just doesn't like being installed on any drive other than the C:\ drive. Do you have the game installed on another drive than C:\?
Thema:

1. Can't Download and Install Games to Drives other than C:/ - Similar Threads - Can't Download Install

2. Can't download/install games on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download/install games on the Xbox app on PC: I'm subscribed to the Game Pass but I can't download anything. I've tried following these steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-0x80073D26 but I don't have the option to...
  3. Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC: I have a normal (not Ultimate) Game Pass subscription and I am having trouble installing games on the PC XBox App. This only applies to some games and not all, and the particular ones I have tried...
  4. Can't play or download games on PC, redirects to install Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play or download games on PC, redirects to install Gaming Services: Anytime I try to launch a game from gamepass I get redirected to the microsoft store to install Gaming Services, which is already installed and up to date. I've tried every fix online from using...
  5. I've bought a game but can't download or install it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've bought a game but can't download or install it?: Bought The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition from the Microsoft Store. I can see the order in my emails - but when I go to install it it doesn't say 'Owned' - but gives me the...
  6. Can't Download/Install any games

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Download/Install any games: Been getting an 0x87e00005 error code for any game I attempt to install from the Xbox app. I tried uninstalling a game I already had on my system then tried to reinstall but no luck same error,...
  7. Can't download or install xbox game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download or install xbox game pass app: Dear reader, I have had the xbox game pass app but received an error that my app was not updated anymore. I tried updating in throught the microsoft store but it wouldn't let me do that. The next...
  8. Can't download games on Game Pass (frowning face) on game's screen, but can install in Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download games on Game Pass (frowning face) on game's screen, but can install in Game...: Hey everyone, I've got a bit of a problem here and if someone can solve it, that'd be fantastic. If I am taken to the game's main store page (by searching or other means), I am greeted with the...
  9. I can't download and install microsoft flight simulator after paying for it.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download and install microsoft flight simulator after paying for it.: I went through payment screens for Microsoft flight simulator 2020 Somehow I cannot install the app on PC e691a475-1931-4a38-86e9-533af913b3fc
  10. Can't download and install master chief collection

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download and install master chief collection: Whenever I try and install the master chief collection it says it's starting the download multiple times and then stops with an error. I've tried installing on either the xbox for pc beta app and...