Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC

Discus and support Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a normal (not Ultimate) Game Pass subscription and I am having trouble installing games on the PC XBox App. This only applies to some games and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Captaaaain Planet, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC

I have a normal (not Ultimate) Game Pass subscription and I am having trouble installing games on the PC XBox App. This only applies to some games and not all, and the particular ones I have tried to install and failed are Frostpunk, Enter the Gungeon and Undungeon, though others also seem to be affected. I have successfully installed a few games in the meantime (Halo Infinite, Forza 5, Back 4 Blood), but tit's frustrating when several games show an error message when I try and download them.

When I try and install these games the download doesn't even start and I get the following error code: 0x80070005. There is little to no help online with this error code, but I have tried the following:

- Restart PC

- Repair XBox app

- Reset XBox app

- Run troubleshooter for Windows Store (no results)

- Tried installing game on a different hard drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to play these games and it seems a shame that I'm paying for a service where I can't access all the content!

:)

Captaaaain Planet, Nov 24, 2021
  2. fizzlewig Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC app has disappeared from my hard drive

Ah ha. That works.

No, I had been trying the Xbox (beta) installer here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games/ - when you hit "Get Started" it gives you the download
    the app which downloads an installer. When I clicked install it just hung (probably because some remnant of the app was installed).

The direct download you provided works - it updated the app and everything showed up. thx!
  3. weirdboyq Win User

Castlevania LOS2 Not Available.

You can try to download in web browser on your PC/Smartphone, or using xbox app, there's some problems when you can't download 360 games on your Xbox One
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Can't download/install games on the Xbox app on PC

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey SweatyThighGaps, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Ok, there are a couple of things we could try:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Subscribed to Gamepass but can't launch/download games

Hi,

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is an Xbox Play Anywhere title. This means that it can be downloaded from the Windows 10 Store.

Ori and the Blind Forest is not a Play Anywhere title. To download the PC version of this game from the PC Game Pass you need the PC Game Pass App installed.

Xbox App
  6. MoeZArts Win User

xbox gamepass

Do you have the Xbox App installed on your PC? You can download the Xbox App for PC here
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-app, just log into the app using your account you purchased the Game Pass with to be able to download.
Thema:

Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC

1. Can't download and install some games on Xbox App PC - Similar Threads - Can't download install

2. Can't download/install games on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download/install games on the Xbox app on PC: I'm subscribed to the Game Pass but I can't download anything. I've tried following these steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-0x80073D26 but I don't have the option to...
  3. Can't play or download games on PC, redirects to install Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play or download games on PC, redirects to install Gaming Services: Anytime I try to launch a game from gamepass I get redirected to the microsoft store to install Gaming Services, which is already installed and up to date. I've tried every fix online from using...
  4. I've bought a game but can't download or install it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've bought a game but can't download or install it?: Bought The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition from the Microsoft Store. I can see the order in my emails - but when I go to install it it doesn't say 'Owned' - but gives me the...
  5. Can't Download/Install any games

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Download/Install any games: Been getting an 0x87e00005 error code for any game I attempt to install from the Xbox app. I tried uninstalling a game I already had on my system then tried to reinstall but no luck same error,...
  6. Can't download or install xbox game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download or install xbox game pass app: Dear reader, I have had the xbox game pass app but received an error that my app was not updated anymore. I tried updating in throught the microsoft store but it wouldn't let me do that. The next...
  7. Can't download games on Game Pass (frowning face) on game's screen, but can install in Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download games on Game Pass (frowning face) on game's screen, but can install in Game...: Hey everyone, I've got a bit of a problem here and if someone can solve it, that'd be fantastic. If I am taken to the game's main store page (by searching or other means), I am greeted with the...
  8. I can't download and install microsoft flight simulator after paying for it.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download and install microsoft flight simulator after paying for it.: I went through payment screens for Microsoft flight simulator 2020 Somehow I cannot install the app on PC e691a475-1931-4a38-86e9-533af913b3fc
  9. Can't download and install master chief collection

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download and install master chief collection: Whenever I try and install the master chief collection it says it's starting the download multiple times and then stops with an error. I've tried installing on either the xbox for pc beta app and...
  10. Tekken 6 for xbox 360 can't download and install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tekken 6 for xbox 360 can't download and install: I have bought this game online but it always stops the download at around 80% and restarts. I've cleared the cache, tried to restart the download a few times but it doesn't work. I have plenty of...