Can't download files on edge Xbox series s

Discus and support Can't download files on edge Xbox series s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try downloading anything through Microsoft edge on my Xbox series s, it says downloads aren't allowed on this device. Is this only for the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gaelmadrid, Aug 5, 2022.

1. gaelmadrid
    gaelmadrid Guest

When I try downloading anything through Microsoft edge on my Xbox series s, it says downloads aren't allowed on this device. Is this only for the series s or is there some setting i need to turn on so i can download files on edge?

:)

gaelmadrid, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Psycho Slash Win User

I can't download anything on microsoft edge (Xbox one S)

Since new Edge version on Xbox Series consoles, I can't download files anymore.... 24 September xbox update.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, gaelmadrid. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

There was an update for Xbox consoles last year that removed the ability to download files from the web browser. There is no workaround for this. I'm sorry and I hope you understand.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Can't download and access local files in Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S

It's not possible to download anything from the Edge browser on the console.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

hi

Hi,

Edge browser is locked down on the Xbox platform, which means you can't download files like you would on a PC.
  6. AdnanOsama Win User

I can't download anything on microsoft edge (Xbox one S)

It is.....in prevois edge i used to click media fire links or something to download and it downloads!!and i can open that file in file manager on xbox.....now on new edge nothing shows up that its download ed or not.
Thema:

1. Can't download files on edge Xbox series s - Similar Threads - Can't download files

2. Can't download and access local files in Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download and access local files in Microsoft Edge on Xbox Series S: Hello, On Microsoft Edge, when trying to download something I get this error "Downloads are not supported on this device" and when I try to access my files with Microsoft Edge I get this error...
  3. Why can't the new microsoft edge download any media fire files on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't the new microsoft edge download any media fire files on xbox?: I tried downloading an addon for Minecraft on my series S with the new Microsoft edge but for some reason the download doesn't start but for my xbox one that doesn't have the new edge which...
  4. Can't eject my External HDD cuz i downloaded the game files in it.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't eject my External HDD cuz i downloaded the game files in it.: Of course i can just disconnect the USB but i don't want to do that cuz it's not the right way to disconnect an external HDD, i want to eject it but always says it's in use thus not letting me...
  5. Can't Download OUSI1 File

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Download OUSI1 File: I am having trouble downloading the OUSI1 file to preform an offline update. is there a problem with the file? Thank yOu 7ef5d13d-b67a-4542-b12c-f9ea88b28cf2
  6. Honestly can't believe there isn't a way to open my files that I download.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Honestly can't believe there isn't a way to open my files that I download.: Tried downloading the soundtrack and a wallpaper pack from Ubisoft Connect app, found out that there is no File Explorer app anymore. I now have no way to get those files onto my Xbox, and have...
  7. Can't download osu files

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download osu files: hello guys i can't download osu files the files stars downloading normally then stop 80% 90% i tried downloading the files from another pc didn't work i ask my friend to download them the same...
  8. can't download games at 80%, corrupt file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't download games at 80%, corrupt file: Hello everyone, I have the same problem with different games, the download stops at 80% and sends the message "can't download game" then i find a corrupt file in storage, i've read that it may be...
  9. Free demo can't be downloaded due to "You have no valid payment options on file"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free demo can't be downloaded due to "You have no valid payment options on file": Why can't we download free content without a payment option? This makes absolutely no sense. I am on a pc trying to download a demo to my Xbox 360 but can't download free content because I don't...
  10. E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file.: E200 error. Can't find the correct download page of offline system update file. Tried visiting the link"http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/osu1", but was told "ooops, what happened to this page?"...