Can't download or purchase games

Discus and support Can't download or purchase games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a similar issue. I get the message that my payment method cannot be used and I should use a different one when trying to purchase something from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UrbanMongrel, May 24, 2014.

1. UrbanMongrel
    UrbanMongrel Guest

I have a similar issue. I get the message that my payment method cannot be used and I should use a different one when trying to purchase something from the marketplace.

Although I work in France I am actually from the UK. I have for a long period of time had no problem at all in buying games from the marketplace. I have also paid a 12 month sub using my billing profile.

My billing profile is PayPal with my French card attached and verified. My Xbox region is set to UK. This as I mentioned has not been an issue until recently.

I have tried webchat to fix this but got no answers except to telephone support.

I have now contacted phone support 3 times. Ultimately I was told that I had multiple paypal profiles in the system. After explaining I have only ever had one paypal account it was agreed that the multiple accounts within the system do appear to be the same
    account and it's this reason that I cannot use that option now.

The solution was to create a new paypal account and use that to buy things with. I was told as it's a new paypal account the system would not have any issues. Paypal however requires a different payment option for each account and so creating a brand new
    paypal account is not possible.

I would like my billing profile fixed please. I have used the profile for many months since getting the xbox one. I have bought games and DLC and a 12 month subscription with my current payment option. There really is no reason why I am all of a sudden unable
    to buy things.

To make a mockery of the whole thing I went to a 3rd party website and bought the powergolf code from them as the only way for me to be able to buy the game. It's all a bit mad really.

I would appreciate someone looking at my account and taking their time to see why I have payment issues and if it's due to multiple paypal accounts [all the same account] clogging up and causing issues can you please help to fix it.

I am unsure how long I will be in France. I do not speak French and do not want my region to be French as that then means my Dashboard is all in French aswell.

Thank you.

:)

UrbanMongrel, May 24, 2014
  2. CAN'T UPDATE OR DOWNLOAD GAMES!!!

when I wanted to update paladins it stopped at 0% and now it happens with every game and app I am trying to download or update!!!! please help

EightyLeopard88, May 24, 2014
  3. Buying Add-ons or DLC on computer

You can't. You can purchase add ons or games on a computer but you have to download it directly on the xbox console.

Spoiled Tomato, May 24, 2014
  4. Can't download or purchase games

Hey there epicsnakehip!

Sorry to hear about the purchase and download issues. It is possible that your account is having billing issues due to discrepancies with your region. If your physical location and your account location do not match, you may run into purchasing issues. It
    is important to have all your billing information match in order to prevent account issues.

For further assistance with this issue, you will need to contact Phone Support, as we do not have access to all of the tools to assist you with this on the forums.

Mister Quimby, May 28, 2014
Thema:

1. Can't download or purchase games - Similar Threads - Can't download purchase

2. Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting: Dear Help Desk, I purchased Driver: San Francisco for the Xbox 360, but now I can't re-download the game after replacing my hard drive. Ubisoft Customer Service advises me the problem is with the...
  3. I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?: Hi! I've been playing Minecraft for a while and bought the skyrim mashup pack and the star wars pack on my Xbox 360, however, I recently switched over to an Xbox One and wanted to play minecraft...
  4. Forza7- I can't race some of the cars i purchased and downloaded.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza7- I can't race some of the cars i purchased and downloaded.: I play Forza 7. I have purchased several cars from various different car packs and downloaded them into my garage. Some of them are unavailable when I go to the multiplayer Lobby. They just don't...
  5. Have Game Pass, Can't Download Without Purchase of Full Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have Game Pass, Can't Download Without Purchase of Full Game: I have purchased the Xbox Game Pass on Windows and have been trying to get State of Decay 2. I'm having trouble trying to find the proper path for my download. Every page I end up on only gives me...
  6. GFWL - Can't Download Purchased Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GFWL - Can't Download Purchased Game: Hello, I am having an issue with my GFWL live client. I'm getting the 'There was an error retrieving your purchase history. Please sign out and try again later." Now I'd already had my game...
  7. Can't seem to purchase/download SSX from the Backwards compatibility store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't seem to purchase/download SSX from the Backwards compatibility store: I seem to be having a problem with buying SSX from the backwards compatibility store on Xbox one. When I press the "See Price" button, I'm greeted to the usual pop up screen. But there's one thing...
  8. Can't download KOTOR. Purchased and can't download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download KOTOR. Purchased and can't download: I have purchased this and I have yet to be able to download. I have cleared the cache, rebooted, and deleted the download. It always says the file is corrupted. 4a1a5bb2-41a3-4b66-bdb7-d899f7c8b613
  9. Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition (DwG) - can't download purchased game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition (DwG) - can't download purchased game: I have bought Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition with Deals with Gold benefits. Payment was completed on Saturday at 3AM (ID: M6072-4813 using DotPay). But I can't still download it from...
  10. Can't download purchased movies from the marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download purchased movies from the marketplace: I don't have the greatest internet, yet I pay full price for HD movies and don't get great quality, before on Xbox 360 download was an option so internet connection was required to play purchased...