Can't download profile onto Xbox 360

Discus and support Can't download profile onto Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, For months now I have been getting the error... "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you are using to sign in. Go to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoshuaXboxCommunity, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Can't download profile onto Xbox 360

Hello,

For months now I have been getting the error...

"Sorry, there's a problem with the

credentials that you are using to sign in. Go

to https://account.live.com to fix the problem.

8015190A"

...while trying to download my profile onto Xbox 360.

1. My password is under 16 characters

2. I don't have 2 step enabled (and I never have had it enabled)

3. I signed into my account on xbox.com, stayed signed in and then tried to download my profile onto Xbox 360 but I still got the error.

4. I have cleared my system chase, power cycled my Xbox 360 and rolled back my Xbox 360 system update etc but nothing has changed anything.

PLEASE NOTE: I have 2 accounts, both accounts have the same amount of security and have been treated the same. My second account downloads fine but my main account doesn't download at all, and that's the one I want to use.

I contacted Xbox support over a month ago and they opened a case but I asked for a case update a few weeks ago and they still haven't replied so... I'm hoping there's somebody out there who has managed to fix it on their own.

PLEASE NOTE 2: I can sign into my account fine on xbox.com/Xbox One and my account was working fine on Xbox 360 before the Xbox 360 system update a few months ago. I never changed anything on my account so there was no valid reason for it to mess up.

Please tell me there's somebody out there who has fixed this, thanks in advance for any help.

:)

JoshuaXboxCommunity, Oct 25, 2019
  2. JoshuaXboxCommunity Win User

Neither of those things worked. I still need this fixed and Xbox support is literally no help, it has been almost 2 months now since I contacted them and they're not updating me on the case.

I have tried literally everything (more than once) and nothing will fix this error.
  3. JoshuaXboxCommunity Win User

Hi there!

After a quick search using the
    Xbox Error Code Lookup
    tool, it came up with
    these instructions
    . Please give them a go, including updating your avatar.

"Solution 2:
    Make a change to your avatar on Xbox.com

Note Any avatar change will do because the change causes the service to sync your account for your profile.

Go to the Avatar Editor.

Sign in and make any change to your avatar.

Click SAVE.

Try signing in on your Xbox 360 console again.

If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support."

Alternatively, I acknowledge that you have never used 2 step authentication before, but would like you to try the following. If anyone else might have your sign in information, it's best to use this for an additional level of security. As mentioned
    in the Xbox Code of Conduct, users are to protect their information when using Xbox Live.

First, remove your profile ONLY. Instructions are
    here
    , if you're not familiar with the process.

In your web browser, sign into the email account associated with your Gamertag and visit this page:

https://account.live.com/proofs/manage

From there, go to the 'App Passwords' section and choose 'Create a new app password'.

You will see a long code on screen. Go back to your 360, press the guide button and download your profile, using the long code for your password, instead. From there, your profile should begin downloading and once complete, you will be able to play as usual.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Best,

L
    I did that firstly (forgot to mention) and I just did it again now but still no luck.

And there's no "App Passwords" option anywhere in security.

EDIT: Never mind, I realised you had to set up 2 step to get that option.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

And when you sign into your account at account.live.com it just brings up your account?

Lets also make sure that you are signing in with the correct email and password on that website by going to account.xbox.com and making sure that the gamertag that comes up on that site is the gamertag for the email that you are signing into on the account.live.com
    website.
  5. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there!

After a quick search using the
    Xbox Error Code Lookup
    tool, it came up with
    these instructions
    . Please give them a go, including updating your avatar.

"Solution 2:
    Make a change to your avatar on Xbox.com

Note Any avatar change will do because the change causes the service to sync your account for your profile.

Go to the Avatar Editor.

Sign in and make any change to your avatar.

Click SAVE.

Try signing in on your Xbox 360 console again.

If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support."

Alternatively, I acknowledge that you have never used 2 step authentication before, but would like you to try the following. If anyone else might have your sign in information, it's best to use this for an additional level of security. As mentioned
    in the Xbox Code of Conduct, users are to protect their information when using Xbox Live.

First, remove your profile ONLY. Instructions are
    here
    , if you're not familiar with the process.

In your web browser, sign into the email account associated with your Gamertag and visit this page:

https://account.live.com/proofs/manage

From there, go to the 'App Passwords' section and choose 'Create a new app password'.

You will see a long code on screen. Go back to your 360, press the guide button and download your profile, using the long code for your password, instead. From there, your profile should begin downloading and once complete, you will be able to play as usual.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Best,

L
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Joshua,

Thanks for keeping us updated with the issue. If the issue persists, we recommend to try the following:

• Remove the Hard Drive and attempt to download the profile on the internal drive of the console
    • Try a different Xbox 360 to help isolate the issue between the Xbox or Microsoft Account

If the issue persists, I recommend to contact Customer Support
    for further assistance.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Can't download profile onto Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Can't download profile

2. Error 801540A9 i can't download my xbox live profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 801540A9 i can't download my xbox live profile: I have verified my email and password and everything is correct. I get this error after choosing where I want to save my xbox live account. I have tried to login to my Microsoft account but the...
  3. My Xbox One won't download my Xbox 360 profile (says "can't connect" while trying to download)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won't download my Xbox 360 profile (says "can't connect" while trying to download): My Xbox One won't download my Xbox 360 profile (says "can't connect" while trying to download). When I run a Xbox 360 backwards compatible game on my Xbox one, it doesn't sign in. When I try to...
  4. Can't download Microsoft Account profile on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download Microsoft Account profile on Xbox 360: I got a used Xbox 360 and I'm trying to download my profile but it stops me with the error: "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to...
  5. Can't download profile on any gfwl game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download profile on any gfwl game: I'm using a new pc and whenever I try to download my xbox profile on any gfwl game, I sign in and enter my product key, then it says downloading profile with a blue bar that doesnt move an inch...
  6. Sorry, this profile can't connect to this console. To fix it, download it again(no error codes)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry, this profile can't connect to this console. To fix it, download it again(no error codes): Most of the times this issue is happening on xbox one consoles , but in my case it's happening on xbox 360. Any advise? d6a1e100-0c17-48af-aa7e-ae1439c06cb7
  7. can't download my profile on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download my profile on Xbox 360: get the attached errors, [img] ce77d2c4-6a9b-42b3-8eb3-f2de5845c6ed
  8. Can't download Xbox 360 profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download Xbox 360 profile: Hi all, I have been having issues this morning connecting to XBox live on my 360 this morning. I've deleted my profile, cleared the cache but now one I try to download my profile again I get...
  9. Can't download profile on XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download profile on XBOX 360: I am trying to sign in on a "new" Xbox 360 I got so I can play NCAA football #COVIDPurchases. It wouldn't let me download my profile saying there was a password issue (even though I could sign...
  10. Changed Gamertag but Can't Download New Profiles into the 360 'emulator'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed Gamertag but Can't Download New Profiles into the 360 'emulator': Hi All, So, after getting an Xbox One S recently, I changed my gamertag because to be honest, it was silly. After I did this, I went to launch Dragon Age:Origins, and silly me, of course.......