Can't download purchased game

Discus and support Can't download purchased game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Brian - I hope they were able to get you your money back, that's just not right. I wanted to jump in here with my question since it's the same problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DrStallionz, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DrStallionz
    DrStallionz Guest

Brian - I hope they were able to get you your money back, that's just not right.

I wanted to jump in here with my question since it's the same problem with the same game...however, I *do* have a region difference: I purchased Bioshock 2 via my xboxlive account online which is registered in the U.S., but I'm currently working in Iraq
    and that's where I tried to have the console download the game itself. It gets to 75% and then says "Can't download Bioshock 2". No other explanation. I notice one of the mods asked if there was a region mismatch so is that a problem with this game? I was
    able to download and install TombRaider in the same way (purchased online with US account, downloaded to console in Iraq) with no problems.

:)

DrStallionz, Apr 8, 2014
  2. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Can't Download Purchased Games

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the download issues. If you haven't yet, I recommend looking at the troubleshooting guide we have for
    Xbox 360 storage devices. If you continue to experience the issue with that specific USB drive, you may want to try a different flash drive.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Apr 8, 2014
  3. Can't Download Purchased Games

Hello, I recently purchased 'Tomb Raider' for my xbox 360 and despite my USB having more than enough gigabites to complete the download, it still comes up as my device being full. It's very frustrating and despite me repeatedly choosing seperate storage
    devices and even going as far as to cancel the download and restart it, I have only succeeded in wasting time. I would be very grateful if someone could offer a solution to my problem.

XxDobieRoyalty, Apr 8, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

More than likely your issue is with region. Not every game is available in every country outside the region(s) that it is offered. I'm sure that once you return to the US you'll be able to download the game with no issues.

onyxishere, Apr 8, 2014
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Can't Download Purchased Games

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the download issues. If you haven't yet, I recommend looking at the troubleshooting guide we have for
    Xbox 360 storage devices. If you continue to experience the issue with that specific USB drive, you may want to try a different flash drive.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.
  6. Styxoric Win User

Ninja Gaiden Black Error

Just purchased the game. Can't download it.
  7. zarzak Win User

GFWL - Can't Download Purchased Game

I can now log in again (I think it was some hiccup on the Microsoft side, as I've changed no network settings), however I'm back to square one. Same original errors in compatibility mode (windows 8)

Thanks for that info, QuitBrute. Are you able to Windows XP and Vista Compatibility Mode to see if that helps? The troubleshooting presented in the guide to

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
    may be able to assist with the issue you're experiencing.

Additionally, do you own this game on disc or digitally and where did you acquire the license for the game from?
    Anything older than windows 8 requires a separate download. I don't own the disc, I bought the game directly from microsoft during a sale when they were promoting the platform about a decade ago
  8. iSupersniper Win User

I get this exact same issue. Microsoft Support was no help what so ever and wanted me to pay for premium support.

Since the Fall Creator Update for Windows 10 I've had this issue.

I've tried to uninstall and re install that failed

I've made sure that the client is allowed through the firewall

LIVE was having issues downloading my profile in game until I enabled game mode through the game bar, however when the client as a game and enabling game mode didn't work.

I've tried creating an app password because I use 2 step authentication and I get authentication failed when trying to use that password.

When disabling 2step authentication I still sign in but still no purchase history

When using a computer account not linked to my Microsoft account I get an xlivewrapper dll error which I can only conclude is that something in the backend changed on Microsoft servers which broke the gfwl purchase and sign in verifications.

Any help would be appreciated.
  9. Mister Cazador Win User

Anything older than windows 8 requires a separate download. I don't own the disc, I bought the game directly from microsoft during a sale when they were promoting the platform about a decade ago
    Gotcha. We inquired about compatibility mode and included that guide as a possible solution to see if that could help you run an older game using Windows 10. However, if that doesn't help, we're afraid you'll want to explore your options on hardware and/or
    software that will run an older game like this that was designed for an older operating system.
Thema:

1. Can't download purchased game - Similar Threads - Can't download purchased

2. I can't re-download a game that I've previously purchased

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't re-download a game that I've previously purchased: On March 20th 2018 I purchased Sea of Thieves on the Xbox Companion App on my computer. I have achievements from that day and I have a bank statement open on another tab that's proof that I bought...
  3. Can't find a way to download website purchased DLC for Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't find a way to download website purchased DLC for Xbox 360.: Hello. I recently purchased 3 DLC packs for a xbox 360 game by logging into Xbox360 marketplace on a pc. Used the pc because on the console itself it kept giving me this dumb error that I...
  4. Can't download purchased game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download purchased game: I've purchased Fable 2 via Xbox Game Store on the Xbox 360 yesterday but I cant donwload it. It downloads rather slowly till about 80% and then restarts at 0% and the same again and again. Whats...
  5. I purchased xbox ultimate game pass by mistake and i cannot get rid of it. I can't download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased xbox ultimate game pass by mistake and i cannot get rid of it. I can't download...: Can't get rid of xbox ultimate game pass that was bought by mistake. Can't download xbox live gold card please h elp me ccb4db95-b135-4bed-bb6d-0ee372dca27f
  6. Can't see all Xbox 360 purchases for download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't see all Xbox 360 purchases for download: I've had Gold for five years or so and have been pretty diligent at 'buying' my offerings of free games each month. Over time I've upgraded to an Xbox One, then added a One S. I recently setup a...
  7. Purchased Halo:MCC on the PC using the Microsoft store, can't download it on xbox one S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Halo:MCC on the PC using the Microsoft store, can't download it on xbox one S: I Purchased Halo: the Master Chief Collection on PC through Microsoft, I have attempted multiple times to install it on my xbox as well to no avail, it does not appear in the "my games and apps"...
  8. Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting: Dear Help Desk, I purchased Driver: San Francisco for the Xbox 360, but now I can't re-download the game after replacing my hard drive. Ubisoft Customer Service advises me the problem is with the...
  9. I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?: Hi! I've been playing Minecraft for a while and bought the skyrim mashup pack and the star wars pack on my Xbox 360, however, I recently switched over to an Xbox One and wanted to play minecraft...
  10. Forza7- I can't race some of the cars i purchased and downloaded.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza7- I can't race some of the cars i purchased and downloaded.: I play Forza 7. I have purchased several cars from various different car packs and downloaded them into my garage. Some of them are unavailable when I go to the multiplayer Lobby. They just don't...