Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email

Discus and support Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a dad and very new to xbox 360 as is my son who I bought it for and I could do with help regarding the gamer tags that I have created for us.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cap Underpants6, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email

Hi,

I'm a dad and very new to xbox 360 as is my son who I bought it for and I could do with help regarding the gamer tags that I have created for us.

Situation:

I've set up an xbox live account for my son, with his gamertag (cwill call it 'GT1' for ref) and attached my email address (will call it 'email1' for ref) to it (little did know know that it would link to my windows live account that I use for OneNote)

What I would like to do:

I would like to link my email1 to my gamertag (lets call it GT2) and add a new email address email2 to my sons gamertag GT1.

Concerns

How do I ensure that his history stays attached to his gamer tag and that my history stays attached to mine so that neither of us lose any progress on the games we have been playing?

Thanks for your help, I've tried searching and found some information, but I'm just not confident with the who process and I'm really not sure if we will lose all of the progress.

Please be nice and thanks for any help/advise that you give

:)

Cap Underpants6, Jun 18, 2014
  2. D2DBD
    D2DBD Guest
    Moving GamerTag on XBoxOne

My GamerTag on XBoxOne was associated with an email that is no longer active. We created a new Microsoft account with new email and transferred our XBoxLive payment info to this new email, but cannot figure out how to transfer the original GamerTag and
    all associated game progress info to the new account with the new email. The main problem is that I cannot access XBox Live anymore from the original GamerTag. I can still login to the original GamerTag, but cannot figure out how to move this to the new
    account or change email account on this GamerTag. Please help - this has been going on for months and we cannot find a solution.

D2DBD, Jun 18, 2014
  3. How to change my email address?

I no longer use the email account I use to log in to xbox with and I can't figure out how to change it. When I tried to add an alias with my new email address it said it was already taken. How is that possible?

MamaBearOfFour, Jun 18, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Daft Badger, Jun 18, 2014
Thema:

1. Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email - Similar Threads - Can't figure change

2. I can't figure out how to access my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't figure out how to access my account: I spent a lot of time and money on my account. I've had it for like 5 years but I had started it under my friends email. He just recently passed away suddenly back in January and I have no clue as...
  3. Can't figure out how to edit a review I posted

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't figure out how to edit a review I posted: I recently posted a review for an app I downloaded from the Microsoft Store a few months ago and have continued to use. I found an error in it that makes my review confusing, so I would like to...
  4. Can't figure out where to change email associated with Live Rewards

in XBoX Rewards
    Can't figure out where to change email associated with Live Rewards: I am receiving emails for Xbox Live Rewards at an address I am getting rid of. I have updated my email to a new one on every Microsoft page I can find, but am still getting Rewards emails at the...
  5. If you can't get games to work properly take them off till you figure it out!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you can't get games to work properly take them off till you figure it out!!!: Sometimes it lets you finish a game then when you click collect award it goes to the beginning of the game and you loose everything. Sudoku is the same. bbf34256-eabd-4503-95fb-92dd80734494
  6. My son is sad! Can't figure out how to change cars.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is sad! Can't figure out how to change cars.: HELP PLEASE! My son got Forza Horizon 2 and loves it but I have tried and tried to change his car. We downloaded the Bonus car pack and also the Forza hub. We see the cars but how do you click...
  7. I'm a newbie and can't figure out how to change things like Damage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm a newbie and can't figure out how to change things like Damage: I know I saw it somewhere, but I just spent the last hour looking for it and can't seem to find the menu. Surely there's a manual listing somewhere that has all the menu's and how to change...
  8. I can't figure out why I keep getting this error message

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't figure out why I keep getting this error message: Hi I keep getting a 8007274d error message every time I exit an app on my Xbox 360. I went to the page and followed all the instructions associated with troubleshooting this error message. It has...
  9. Can't figure out how to make my account an adult?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't figure out how to make my account an adult?: So I wanted to make my accounts profile pic custom, but when I went to do that it told me I had to be an Adult? So when I made the account I put in too young of an age, I put I was born in 2005(I...
  10. This is going to sound crazy but I can't figure out how to sign out....

in XBoX on Consoles
    This is going to sound crazy but I can't figure out how to sign out....: Fortnite won't let me sign in so I am trying to switch to a different Xbox Live profile on my console. However I cannot figure out how to sign out or switch Accounts. So confused, I really don't...