Can't find a remote code to change channels on my Sky+ box with OneGuide

Discus and support Can't find a remote code to change channels on my Sky+ box with OneGuide in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried setting up the Xbox One OneGuide to work with my DRX890 Sky+ box, controlling power and pause/play works, but changing channels does... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Snufty, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Snufty
    Snufty Guest

Hi,

I've tried setting up the Xbox One OneGuide to work with my DRX890 Sky+ box, controlling power and pause/play works, but changing channels does not. I have tried BSkyB HD and DRX890 and it seems to default to remote type S1662, though one time
    it set S1775, both of which did the same - power, pause and play worked, but channel changing didn't.

Has anyone got it working? If so, can you post the remote code it gave you?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Snufty, Jun 6, 2014
  2. Th3 R1vaL
    Th3 R1vaL Guest
    Can't change channel

I'm having the same problem, OneGuide won't change the channels on my set-top box. I have Uverse and my set-top box is a Motorola VIP2250. According to the auto scan and to the finder here
    http://www.ueisupport.com/ my remote code is C0858. Still doesn't work. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Th3 R1vaL, Jun 6, 2014
  3. Biznasty007
    Biznasty007 Guest
    Xbox won't change channels

My xbox one is connected to my vizio tv with my motorola dcx3501-m cable box. I have charter communications as my carrier. I am still able to control my tv with my normal remote when I am in the tv app, but i can't use oneguide to change channels. All my
    other commands work, such as fast forward, pause, play, etc., but I can't change channels without having to use my normal remote. any help is appreciated.

Biznasty007, Jun 6, 2014
  4. Snufty
    Snufty Guest

I've since found that with SmartGlass, when I directly control the remote, I am able to channel up and down, and select channel by number, so I am at a loss as to why I can't change channel with the Xbox One. Any ideas?

Thanks

Snufty, Jun 6, 2014
  5. Snufty
    Snufty Guest
    Okay, rebooting the Xbox fixed it. Previously it had no interest in simulating the number presses to change channel. After the reboot it worked. Weird!

Snufty, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Biznasty007 Win User

OneGuide won't change channels

I just tried automatically entering it and when I went to devices, it says Motorola (remote code C2378), but changing channels still does not work when I try to use OneGuide. But all my other commands work for everything, I just can't use the command to
    change channels
  7. McArtist93 Win User

Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

My Sky box in my room is a DRX890-R and the one in the living room is a DRX890-C

It does only happen with OneGuide, using my Sky remote has no effect on the Sky box in the living room.

It is absolutely an issue with the Xbox and not the Sky box as I have had the Sky in my room for a long time, and never had any issues.

I only noticed this was an issue after the september update, because it was (as far as I can remember) the first time OneGuide was of any use in Ireland.
  8. Snufty Win User

Okay, rebooting the Xbox fixed it. Previously it had no interest in simulating the number presses to change channel. After the reboot it worked. Weird!
  9. Snufty Win User

I've since found that with SmartGlass, when I directly control the remote, I am able to channel up and down, and select channel by number, so I am at a loss as to why I can't change channel with the Xbox One. Any ideas?

Thanks
  10. MajorMatty Win User

Cool little features?

[quote user="APEX ASSASSlN"]

I like that you dont need to use the sky remote anymore when plugging in the sky box.

[/quote]

How do you change the channel? I still have to use the remote to do that
Thema:

1. Can't find a remote code to change channels on my Sky+ box with OneGuide - Similar Threads - Can't find remote

2. I want put my friend Xbox One in principal but i can't find it anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want put my friend Xbox One in principal but i can't find it anymore: Hello my name is Andy, since the last update of my Xbox One as usual I lost a lot of good functionality that was beneficial to the console and now here i am i just wanted to know if there still a...
  3. HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.: Hi I tried switching my xbox profile's email from my brothers email to my email because we have shared the account for years and now he has his own and wants to use his microsoft email. I added my...
  4. Can't find Multiplayer Pack 3 for June 30 Modern Warfare update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find Multiplayer Pack 3 for June 30 Modern Warfare update: My Xbox One went through the 30 gig Modern Warfare update this morning (June 30). Afterwards, I tried launching Multiplayer (offline as I usually play), but it said that I need to install the...
  5. OneGuide "We can't find that channel"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide "We can't find that channel": This is the message when I try to open OneGuide. No picture, no graphic, no anything. Can't re-install the app, can't do anythign to reset anything in anyway. Seems liek a simple re-install would...
  6. I can't find the freesync tab anymore and won't allow me to use it althought my monitor has...

in XboX Insiders
    I can't find the freesync tab anymore and won't allow me to use it althought my monitor has...: In can't find it in the app but in the Xbox settings it's not unlocked I can't use it. submitted by /u/XXHAUNT3R [link] [comments]
  7. I can't find my redeemed dlc in sea of thieves.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't find my redeemed dlc in sea of thieves.: I redeemed the ori bundle of sot, but I can't find in my inventory in game. It showed the code is worked but where can I find my items? 11b920a6-0699-40b1-8e46-7804fa05c0b9
  8. nie można znaleść pliku gry[Translation-can't find the game file]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    nie można znaleść pliku gry[Translation-can't find the game file]: dzień dobry po tym jak zainstalowałem grę UNDERTALE to nie mogę znaleźć plików gry to znaczy że grę samą mam na pasku zadań lecz nie mogę modyfikować plików przy czym nie mogę zainstalować...
  9. Impossible de retrouver mes jeux après réinitialisation de ma box[Translation-Can't find my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Impossible de retrouver mes jeux après réinitialisation de ma box[Translation-Can't find my...: Bonjour Je n'arrive plus retrouver mes jeux après réinitialisation de ma xbox one. Quelqu'un sait comment les retrouver?? Merci [Translation-Hello I can no longer find my games after...
  10. Can't find a working remote control code for my element 40'' lcd hdtv from 2013

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't find a working remote control code for my element 40'' lcd hdtv from 2013: I'm trying to set up my XBox one console to remotely shut down/power up my 40'' Element LCD TV from 2013 but unfortunately none of the codes that I've found so far on the internet work. The most...