"Can't finish multiplayer tests"

Discus and support "Can't finish multiplayer tests" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm connected to xbox live (I can hop onto smite, warframe, etc), but I can't do anything multiplayer. I can't connect to the destiny... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gray Silhouette, Sep 29, 2018.

1. "Can't finish multiplayer tests"

Hello all,

I'm connected to xbox live (I can hop onto smite, warframe, etc), but I can't do anything multiplayer. I can't connect to the destiny servers, get in multiplayer games, watch netflix, etc. But I AM connected to live, as I can get daily rewards from games
    that require internet to function, and I can download games and updates.

I tested the network connection, "It's all good."

I tested the multiplayer connection, and I get "Can't finish multiplayer tests."

Yes, I've done a hard rest. Cold boot. Factory reset console. Removed profile. Cleared alternate MAC address. Factory reset router and modem.

I don't know what else to do.

Nothing else connected to the wifi is having these issues, other than another xbox. Phones/iPads play online games fine, it's JUST the xboxs.

Wireless connection for both, download speed 47.55 Mbps, upload 13.36 Mbps, 0 ms latency, 0% packet loss, 88% wireless strength.

Please, anyone, I don't know what else I can do.

:)

Gray Silhouette, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests

I cant connect to live. My internet is fine. It has that error code and cant finish test? Please help

FISHY LIKA BOSS, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Can't finish multiplayer tests (0x0000000000000000)

Hey there EatenThunder,

Sorry to hear about the connection problem you're seeing. Are you in the Xbox One Insider Program and using the new dashboard currently? Have you tried to use another profile on the console to see if that helps? If you're not able to sign into your own profile,
    you might want to try to do a
    Factory Reset
    on the console while keeping your Games and Apps, if signing into another account doesn't work either.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Sep 29, 2018
  4. XBF Felixx P
    XBF Felixx P Guest

Hello
    Gray Silhouette
    !

Thanks for reaching out..

Considering all the troubleshooting that you've attempted so far the next thing I would try is

contacting your internet service provider to make sure all your Xbox Live ports are open (click on link below for list of ports)

within your router.

Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One

Also, have them check to make sure your UPNP (universal plug and play) it turned [ON]

I hope that helps! Let us know!

Felix

xbox forums support

XBF Felixx P, Sep 29, 2018
  5. Checked with my ISP, there shouldn't be any issues.

Just opened up those ports, no change.

Turning UPNP on seems to give a Double NAT error, which seems to make the problem worse.

6. XBF Felixx P
    XBF Felixx P Guest
    Hey
    Gray Silhouette
    !

Thanks for the update..

Next, try rebooting your router / modem for your internet / wifi one more time..

After that..

Try unplugging your your Xbox for 5 minutes from the power supply in the back of the Xbox.

Plug it back in and power it up... If that doesn't work..

Your Xbox might need a good refreshing.. and a factory reset.

Before we try that we have to make sure you know your Microsoft email and password bc you'll need to

redownload your profile back onto the Xbox and reconnect to your network.

Follow the link below:

How
    to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One

Afterwards go through the initial set up for your Xbox..

Once everything is set up... Go and test your network connections.

I hope that helps

Let us know!

Felix

xbox forums

7. I have just finished doing all of those steps.

Unfortunately, still no change.

8. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest

Hello Gray

As for the double Nat you are using a Gateway and router? If so what is happening the Xbox console is trying to connect to both. What you can try is turning off the router and connect directly to the gateway with router off and see if able to connect. If
    you are you can view
    double nat detected
    in the area with using a gateway and router talks about bridging the gateway.

Hope this helps let us know!!

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Sep 29, 2018
  9. I'm not particularly sure how to approach that as I don't have the typical router/modem setup.

For the past ~2 years the setup has been an AT&T pocket wifi with an extender boosting out the signal to the house (the pocket wifi has limited range).

The only issues we've experienced with this is not knowing how to get an open NAT (it's been Strict since we changed the setup to this), but we haven't had any other problems.

We've had a few different extenders through that time, and turning on UPNP with any of them has caused double NAT, so either all the extenders were also sending out a NAT type (I think it's unlikely but I could easily be wrong), or the pocket wifi has some
    shenanigans happening.

If you have any insight into this issue, let me know!

10. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Hello Gray,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Try to fix the double NAT type, Please contact your service provider and have them adjust your settings.

Please check the link to learn more about
    Double NAT detected in your Network settings

Please let me know if that helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Sep 29, 2018
  11. According to the ISP, the NAT can't be fixed without becoming a business account, which is... considerably more expensive.

Regardless, the problem does not lie with the double NAT or the strict NAT, as it's been the case for years.

This issue started two days ago; I've had no issues before that.

12. XBF Felixx P
    XBF Felixx P Guest
    Hello
    Gray Silhouette
    !

Thanks for replying!

Are you able to connect to a different network like a hot spot on your phone or

try taking your Xbox to another location (friend, neighbor or family member) and connecting to another network.

Once you've established a connection with another network..

Try reconnecting to the network that you've been having issues with and see if that works!

“I need help with my Xbox One network connection”

I hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

xbox forums support

13. "Can't finish multiplayer tests"

Yes, using my phone as a hotspot allows full online play; I assume other networks would work as well.

Reconnecting to the problem network, still has the same issue.

14. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Gray

Sounds like the console would benefit from port forwarding. Give it a shot with help from the
    Internet Service Provider and let us know if we can further assist with this or any issue!

XBF Nestor S, Sep 29, 2018
  15. I’ve already done the port forwarding myself, though given that it’s a pocket wifi, I may have to check with the ISP. Will keep you updated!

Thema:

1. "Can't finish multiplayer tests" - Similar Threads - Can't finish multiplayer

2. Xbox One "Can't finish multiplayer tests"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One "Can't finish multiplayer tests": I just moved into a new apartment, and have my wifi router set up. I booted up my xbox, and it connected to the internet just fine. Everything works, except multiplayer. When I test my internet...
  3. (XBOX ONE) Error "Can't finish multiplayer tests" code: 0x0000000000000000

in XBoX on Consoles
    (XBOX ONE) Error "Can't finish multiplayer tests" code: 0x0000000000000000: THE ISSUE: I am unable to connect to multiplayer. THE CONTEXT: I'm connected to the internet, have an Open NAT type I am able to talk in a party with friends, but cannot connect to multiplayer....
  4. Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests: I have been unable to connect to multiplayer servers for the past couple days now and I am unsure what else to do at this point. At first the problem was having a moderate Nat type and the Upnp...
  5. : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests"

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests": : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests" Definitely use the troubleshooter and/or check with your ISP to see if they didn't set it up right. You can also try logging into your router to make sure...
  6. : Can't finish multiplayer tests

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Can't finish multiplayer tests: : Can't finish multiplayer tests Hi there Keaton, Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with completing a multiplayer connection test. I recommend to try replacing the Ethernet...
  7. Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests: I cant connect to live. My internet is fine. It has that error code and cant finish test? Please help 3e91eda7-0ff4-423b-9982-d523a0fec09d
  8. Finished a 2 week multiplayer ban and still can't play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Finished a 2 week multiplayer ban and still can't play multiplayer: I finished a 2 week multiplayer ban on the 23 October and I still can't play multiplayer games I've checked my enforcement history and the ban shows it finished this morning is there anyway of...
  9. Can't finish multiplayer tests (0x0000000000000000)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't finish multiplayer tests (0x0000000000000000): I am unable to get my console fully online. When connection to my house's internet, my console says it is connected to the internet, but then I go to the home screen and it still says I'm not on...
  10. Can't finish multiplayer connection test?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't finish multiplayer connection test?: Hey everyone, so a couple days I noticed my Netflix would not play and I couldn't buy movies from the store but my YouTube app worked so I thought maybe it was just a glitch. But it still is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant finish multiplayer tests xbox

2. xbox cant finish multiplayer test

3. xbox cant finish multiplayer tests

4. cant finish multiplayer test,
  5. xbox one cant finish multiplayer tests 0x000000000000000,
  6. zbox cant finish multiplayer tests,
  7. unable to finish multiplayer tests xbox one