Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop

Discus and support Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a controller that works fine. But when I install the software from the website and try to get it to work on my computer the steps that tell me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lunariselite, Feb 7, 2014.

1. lunariselite
    lunariselite Guest

I have a controller that works fine. But when I install the software from the website and try to get it to work on my computer the steps that tell me to find my 360 controller in a list on my computer it doesnt show up. the list is there but the 360 controller
    does not show up on it, I made sure it was plugged into my laptop. It is the one I use on my 360 on a regular basis so I know it works.

Is there something I am missing? Am I doing something wrong? perhaps my laptop is not compatible with it?

:)

lunariselite, Feb 7, 2014
  2. shortening Xbox 360 controller cord

Hello, I just bought the a wired xbox 360 controller for laptop, I find the cord extremely long for my needs. Is there a way to shorten the cord?

shortenxbox360cord, Feb 7, 2014
  3. 360 Game Controller

Good afternoon all ...

Can anyone tell me if a wired Xbox 360 game controller will work as a game controller in conjunction with a laptop? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

o0Gamer4Life0o, Feb 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop - Similar Threads - Can't 360 wired

2. Can't download profile to xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download profile to xbox 360: Hi guys, I want to download my Xbox Live profile to my old xbox 360.. I am currently using this profile on my Xbox One. When I click on download profile on the 360 it asks me to sign in....it...
  3. Can't start any 360 game on xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't start any 360 game on xbox one.: Everytime i start any 360 game the first thing it does is disconnect from xbl i then try and sign back in and get a msg with this code 8015190A but on the xbox one it shows i'm still signed in....
  4. Hello I can't play my backwards compatoble 360 games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I can't play my backwards compatoble 360 games.: I recently updated my gamertag during e3 I just want to play borderlands 2. c2b79748-7504-4873-b423-b6e430decc95
  5. I can't sign in to my XBOX 360 profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign in to my XBOX 360 profile: I turn on my console, I click on my avatar and I get an error message 8007007A This has been going on for a week +- I check my connectivity and it is fine. Everything is connected, why can't I...
  6. I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?: Hi! I've been playing Minecraft for a while and bought the skyrim mashup pack and the star wars pack on my Xbox 360, however, I recently switched over to an Xbox One and wanted to play minecraft...
  7. Can't log in to profile after cancelling XBOX Live on XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't log in to profile after cancelling XBOX Live on XBOX 360: Hello, I used to have XBOX Live but I cancelled my subscription 6 months ago. I had set up a four-button passcode years before. When I cancelled my subscription, I think I was still able to use...
  8. Can't download Xbox 360 backward compatible games from disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Xbox 360 backward compatible games from disk: Hello all, I have a new Xbox One S and I can't load any Xbox 360 disk. I have an Assassins Creed Black Flag disk which states in the box that it is Xbox One compatible, but when I insert the disk...
  9. Why do I have a service alert with a yellow ! On my Xbox 360. I can't get apps to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have a service alert with a yellow ! On my Xbox 360. I can't get apps to work: Service Alert with a yellow !. Will it fix itself or do I have to do something? f41aa514-c9ff-46f5-8a64-ab6b40078c66
  10. Xbox 360 controller WIRED - Can't connect in Windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller WIRED - Can't connect in Windows 7: Hello guys, I am having a trouble with the Xbox 360 controller: I can't connect it with my Win7 (64bits). Ok... I had already installed the "Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories Status" (the...