Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop

Discus and support Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a controller that works fine. But when I install the software from the website and try to get it to work on my computer the steps that tell me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lunariselite, Feb 7, 2014.

1. lunariselite
    lunariselite Guest

I have a controller that works fine. But when I install the software from the website and try to get it to work on my computer the steps that tell me to find my 360 controller in a list on my computer it doesnt show up. the list is there but the 360 controller
    does not show up on it, I made sure it was plugged into my laptop. It is the one I use on my 360 on a regular basis so I know it works.

Is there something I am missing? Am I doing something wrong? perhaps my laptop is not compatible with it?

:)

lunariselite, Feb 7, 2014
  2. shortening Xbox 360 controller cord

Hello, I just bought the a wired xbox 360 controller for laptop, I find the cord extremely long for my needs. Is there a way to shorten the cord?

shortenxbox360cord, Feb 7, 2014
  3. 360 Game Controller

Good afternoon all ...

Can anyone tell me if a wired Xbox 360 game controller will work as a game controller in conjunction with a laptop? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

o0Gamer4Life0o, Feb 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Can't get 360 wired controller to work for my laptop - Similar Threads - Can't 360 wired

2. Can't play Original Xbox games on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Original Xbox games on Xbox 360: Hello, I recently tried to play my original games on my xbox 360 but when I tried to launch any game that was compatible, it said : Impossible to play this game. Try to redownload the game. For...
  3. Can't start Xbox Original game on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't start Xbox Original game on Xbox 360: So the game i downloaded is a digital copy of "Destroy All Humans " an original Xbox and Play Station 2 game .. but rhe only way to play it is if im signed into my xbox live account and connected...
  4. Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...: Hi I have the xbox games pass ultimate - free PC and xbox games. PC games work great using xbox beta app on my win 10 pc with VPN to uk. I am trying to use express vpn on my xbox 360 to allow me...
  5. Can't Download Xbox 360 Profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Xbox 360 Profile: I've been having an issue where whenever I attempt to play a 360 game on my Xbox One, I am unable to download any profile. This started after I reset my console to fix another issue. Until that...
  6. Hi there, I've just brought a second hand 360 and I can't play age restricted games unless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, I've just brought a second hand 360 and I can't play age restricted games unless...: Hi there, I've just brought a second hand 360 and I can't play age restricted games unless I have a family settings pass code which I haven't got, any way to get round this please...
  7. I can't talk in a party while playing Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't talk in a party while playing Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One.: Whenever I play an Xbox 360 title via backwards compatibility on my Xbox One. My party chat won't work at all. I will remain in a party but I won't be able to hear my friends. Does any know a fix...
  8. I can't play digital games on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play digital games on xbox 360: Hello. My xbox account email is [Mod Removed personal email] My Xbox Gamertag is . One day, digital games in my account started to disappear. I am using xbox360 F1 2013, Forza horizon, Dirt...
  9. Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work: Maybe I'm misinformed, but I believe it's possible to use old X-Box 360 controllers for PC games now. I'm not sure if this is only limited to just X-Box One games on PC or if it can be used for...
  10. Xbox 360 controller WIRED - Can't connect in Windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller WIRED - Can't connect in Windows 7: Hello guys, I am having a trouble with the Xbox 360 controller: I can't connect it with my Win7 (64bits). Ok... I had already installed the "Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories Status" (the...