Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect

Discus and support Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect only with this remote thought other remotes are fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lukeymac, Jun 12, 2014.

1. lukeymac
    lukeymac Guest

Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect only with this remote thought other remotes are fine

:)

lukeymac, Jun 12, 2014
  2. Uverse SD shows on DVR glitching

I never watch SD, so can't speak to this... But I saw a hint of my problem mentioned above, too:

I have extreme lag when using my Uverse remote to do anything with the Xbox One connected: change channel, select recording, rewind/play/ffwd a program, etc. The remote is just extremely laggy.

BUT!! When I turn the Kinect off in the settings, everything works just fine. I have absolutely no problems with my DVR/STB, but I lose out on all Kinect functionality.

devonair-0640A7BF-AC77-4068-8167-5FAC8A0C286D, Jun 12, 2014
  3. My Voice keeps dropping.

Are you a soft speaker? I tend to speak in low volumes so sometimes my friends can't always hear me. What kind of mic are you using? Maybe an upgrade to a more powerful one is needed?

Also, when you have your mic connected, is your controller connected to the plan n' charge cable to the xbox? If so, it might cause problems for voice as my friends have dealt with such problems before.

Dr Black Bones, Jun 12, 2014
  4. devonair-0640A7BF-AC Win User

Uverse SD shows on DVR glitching

I never watch SD, so can't speak to this... But I saw a hint of my problem mentioned above, too:

I have extreme lag when using my Uverse remote to do anything with the Xbox One connected: change channel, select recording, rewind/play/ffwd a program, etc. The remote is just extremely laggy.

BUT!! When I turn the Kinect off in the settings, everything works just fine. I have absolutely no problems with my DVR/STB, but I lose out on all Kinect functionality.
  5. MessiahBrowny Win User

Twitch issue please help

Yeah i turned kinect off as i dont want to be using that.

i started speaking in it and when i watched my playback on twitch i could hear myself.

now when i turned Kinect of and started using my mic headset i could not hear myself.
  6. Borss39 Win User

Question for those who watch TV mostly through DVR (previously recorded)

You can't watch dvr or record with Kinect yet. You will have to use your remote.
  7. xXREDHAWKZXx Win User

Kinect mic not working for game chat

i have the same problem but I use a Kinect mic, in party chat the speaking indicator goes off when I talk but my friends cant hear me, my nat type is open and my wifi connection is fine, can I have some suggestions on what to do
  8. Chris238 Win User

Get a break down of your REP, brilliant.

In that case, inked, you're reporting someone for vulgar language, not for using Kinect chat. You would have reported him if he was using a background noise cancelling headset too.

I think some people are getting reported simply for having Kinect chat turned on because you can hear constant background noise from them, even when they aren't speaking. That's what I disagree with. I can mute people in those circumstances if it annoys
    me.
Thema:

1. Can't hear or speak to people when remote is connected using kinect - Similar Threads - Can't hear speak

2. Can't hear game only party chat when in party's

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear game only party chat when in party's: So last month I bought the turtle beach recon 70's and they have been working great until a few days ago where game audio in party chat suddenly stopped I turned mono audio off and they worked for...
  3. I can hear chat (party and community), but intermittently I can't hear any chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear chat (party and community), but intermittently I can't hear any chat: This just started about a week ago, I bought a set of TB stealth 600s and since then most of the time I cant hear party or community chat even though they can hear me (yes, I've tested for...
  4. Friend can hear me but I can't hear them (them Xbox me PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Friend can hear me but I can't hear them (them Xbox me PC): I wasn't sure where to put this but I talk to my friend on pc sometimes I can hear him other times I can't and his talking bubble doesn't move he says he is talking but the bubble isn't showing it...
  5. Friend can hear me but I can't her me (Xbox to PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Friend can hear me but I can't her me (Xbox to PC): I wasn't sure where to put this but I talk to my friend on pc sometimes I can hear him other times I can't and his talking bubble doesn't move he says he is talking but the bubble isn't showing it...
  6. Game bar party chat can't hear party

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar party chat can't hear party: This weird thing keeps happening. When run Xbox party chat on my game bar. I can't hear people at all. I can see them talking on the activity but there is no audio coming. Only when I enable Xbox...
  7. Can't speak to/hear a friend on Xbox Live that I "reported" for abusive messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't speak to/hear a friend on Xbox Live that I "reported" for abusive messages: A joke gone wrong... and now I can't speak to/hear him and there doesn't appear to be an easy way to resolve this. Have tried everything to resolve this including blocking/unblocking,...
  8. I can't speak into my microphone but I could hear others

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't speak into my microphone but I could hear others: I was playing sea of thieves and someone came over towards me and they told me to join theyre alliance and i was able to talk back then but not now but i wasnt able to talk in game so i tried to...
  9. Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4: this is a bit confusing as I can't hear or speak to friends on xbox platform but can hear and speak to mates on ps4?? has anyone came across this before? Just playing fortnite any help would be...
  10. Can't hear or speak in party.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't hear or speak in party.: I am unable to hear other members of a party, nor can I speak to them (the other members are on Xbox One.) I have uninstalled Teredo twice, and have enabled Windows Firewall and disabled my...