Cant hear othe players xbox series s open nat type

Discus and support Cant hear othe players xbox series s open nat type in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Idk if this is a xbox issue or a nat type issue Im seeing open nat type yet i am getting a moderate/ closed nat type What is going on?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EmmanuelMarin2, May 12, 2022.

1. Cant hear othe players xbox series s open nat type

Idk if this is a xbox issue or a nat type issue

Im seeing open nat type yet i am getting a moderate/ closed nat type

What is going on?

:)

EmmanuelMarin2, May 12, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, EmmanuelMarin2! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry you are having communication difficulties with other players.

Would you mind giving this a try?

- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds, until it shuts down.

- Unplug the power cord from your console for 3 minutes.

- In the meantime, turn your modem/router off and unplug it for a minute.

- Plug everything back together and turn your console on.

- Then try your game again.

If this doesn't work, then please answer the following questions:

- Is this happening while on party chat or game chat?

- Is this happening on multiple games?

- What kind of headset are you using?

- When did you first start experiencing this issue?

- Have you already done some troubleshooting on your own? if you have, could you tell me what?

These questions would help me get a better understanding of the situation.

Thank you!
  3. DiscoVariable70 Win User

Party Chat issues with Assassin's Creed Unity?

When i play halo and im in a party chat with my boy, while we are searching i get that same message and i cant hear anything hes saying and he cant hear me...my nat type is open as well
  4. FlossyOlive30 Win User

Constant lag spikes

Nat type is always open, so its not that. :S
  5. Lag for Life Win User

Connection help

Since you've got Halo 4, chuck it in and let it tell you what your NAT type is. If it's Open, you shouldn't have any problems (though you can actually have a few problems). If it's Moderate you can only connect to other Moderate or Open players and Strict
    NAT players can only connect to Open NAT players.

If your NAT type is Open, tell them to check theirs. If it isn't, look into opening yours, it really does help.
  6. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

moderate nat better than open nat?

@taidara:

yes I read it and it´s proofed. For example:4 players me (open NAT) 1 player host also open NAT. 2. player moderate NAT and third player strict NAT. So the moderate and strict can´t connect to each other. It means that I co host the session. If a packet
    goes from player 2 to player 3 it goes to my router and get forwarded. These are the sessions I see. The problem is: This is a slowdown of my connection. So if I there are many strict NAT´s and some moderate NAT´s the open NAT has to co host the session. And
    if there are game mechanics like lag compensation all goes wrong because player 2 and 3 in my example can´t connect the direct way to each other they connect to another open NAT and the open NAT owner gets penalized. I don´t know if it increases latency -
    but I think so.

So for me it´s clear - for Gaming a moderate NAT is MUCH MUCH better than an open NAT. The only Problem is: I need an open NAT because of some partys I can´t join :(

xbox live parties should connect to another port - so I can forward the party port and not the gaming port - but that will never happen.
Thema:

1. Cant hear othe players xbox series s open nat type - Similar Threads - Cant hear othe

2. cant hear voice chat in fortnite on twitch stream xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    cant hear voice chat in fortnite on twitch stream xbox: im trying to stream on xbox but when i try and stream nobody can hear other people on fortnite voice chat but they can hear me though and im on xbox not pc if you could help me i would appreciate...
  3. Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant hear game audio when in party on PC: I recently moved from xbox to PC but i will still be using xbox for communicating in parties, but when i tried to test one on my own i could not hear game audio in multiple games until i left the...
  4. Overwatch- Xbox- Mic Issues. Can hear team chat but cant speak

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overwatch- Xbox- Mic Issues. Can hear team chat but cant speak: I have the following XBOX gaming console and mic'd headphones. Mic was working then stopped. I can plug it into the controller and hear game/people in team chat but when I speak people cant hear...
  5. Xbox Live Chat - Cant hear party , they can hear me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Live Chat - Cant hear party , they can hear me: Having issues recently where all of a sudden i can no longer hear people in party but they can hear me fine. Have checked all network settings, all privacy settings and mute settings and are all...
  6. i cant hear actors talking in apps like hulu or netflix

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant hear actors talking in apps like hulu or netflix: whenever i go to hulu or netflix i hear the sounds and etc but i cannot hear the actors talking in videos. I'm not sure how did this happened as it working perfectly the other day. If anyone has a...
  7. Just switch from console to PC and i have problmes with the party chat, they cant hear me.

in XBoX on Windows
    Just switch from console to PC and i have problmes with the party chat, they cant hear me.: I try to reach Xbox support, they send me a bunch of ports to open on my router. Done Unistall an restall my app. Done Then... They hang upo the phone.... i am pretty new on PC, i need help pls...
  8. Xbox One Party Chat - Friends cant hear me but I can hear them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Party Chat - Friends cant hear me but I can hear them: In Party mode my friends cant hear me , but I can hear them. My mic doesn't show as live when I speak - can you help? 0641c542-924b-47a3-a19e-9d17f58a8080
  9. Help please i cant hear the ingame voice chat

in XboX Insiders
    Help please i cant hear the ingame voice chat: I cant hear my friends in game voice chat, i check the xbox support but it dont help submitted by /u/dems807 [link] [comments]
  10. I cant hear other people in fortnite but they can hear me

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant hear other people in fortnite but they can hear me: i cant hear anyone when playing fortnite but they can hear me, idk what to do i've tried restarting my xbox and resetting my headset nothing works what should i do?...