Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC

Discus and support Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have searched for this problem through google and haven't quite found anyone with quite the same problem Maybe I'm not using the right... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SuperSaiyanPenguin, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC

Hello,

I have searched for this problem through google and haven't quite found anyone with quite the same problem
    Maybe I'm not using the right verbage to describe my problem

But I recently got Teredo working on my computer so I can talk to all my old xbox one friends while I game on Pc (I switched about half a year ago from xbox gaming to PC gaming)

but anytime I connect I cant hear my friends through my headset. only through my speakers.

even though my primary output device is my headphones

I have looked through the settings in the xbox app and haven't found anything that would cause this

I have also looked through my audio settings on my PC and haven't found anything that I would think would cause this

Of course I'm not very good with audio settings on PC in general

as for the headset, I have it plugged in via the green and pink cords in the back of the pc but do not have the USB jack plugged in

would this maybe cause this issue?

I don't believe so because anytime I talk to my PC gaming friends through Discord everything works as it should.

thank you for any help.

:)

SuperSaiyanPenguin, Feb 28, 2021
  2. (Farscape) Win User

use gamebar for party chat instead then you can pop into gamebar setting and set the default mic and output in there better.
  3. DomNic8891 Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

I appreciate the help. Yeah every time I use the party beta and close out I leave feedback of what has happened. I have the headset that came with the xbox one and it works. I can hear my friends and they can hear me in the party chat on the console. On
    the pc when I have the headset on I can hear them and the game sound through the xbox headset but they can't hear me.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 - Microphone does not work

Just so that I am clear when you are trying this in party chat? In game chat?

You can hear the other players in the chat but they can not hear you?

Are you starting the party through the stream on the xbox itself? Or are you starting the party through the xbox app on the pc itself?

These are two different things.

I personally have noticed that if I try and join a party through the Xbox itself and not the xbox app I can hear the other people but they can not hear me. If I join the party or start a party and have people join through the xbox app on the PC then it works
    fine.

So try that and see if that fixes your problem.
  5. xDetroitLegend Win User

Detailed Xbox Party Chat Issue REPORT

I'm having the exact same issue. I have the logitech G930s too. While using the xbox app for just party use you won't be able to hear others and they can't hear you. The headset works correctly with game sounds while streaming to xbox one back to PC but
    still won't work in the parties. The issue is that the headset will just not work at all with any type of xbox party function... While streaming xbox one to PC or while just using the party system in the xbox application for windows 10. (Microphone and earphones
    will not work in party chat as said... while the ability to create, leave, and join the party actually work.)
  6. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
Thema:

1. Can't hear party chat through headset with xbox app on PC - Similar Threads - Can't hear party

2. I can hear one of my friends on Xbox Party but he can't hear me

in XBoX on Windows
    I can hear one of my friends on Xbox Party but he can't hear me: I'm using the Xbox Game Bar to talk to friends and I can hear everyone fine, and they can hear me, but one of my friends (the only one using an actual Xbox) can't hear me. I can hear him perfectly...
  3. Audience on stream can't hear party

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audience on stream can't hear party: So people watching stream can't hear party members only myself. Ive looked all over twitch. I've adjusted settings on xbox and twitch and teammates don't even get option to include their audio. ....
  4. Brother can't hear me in party or game chat.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brother can't hear me in party or game chat.: It's been happening for a while now, whenever me (I play on XBOX One S) and my brother (who plays on PC) want to play on Sea of Thieves we go into an XBOX party. When we're both in the party, I...
  5. Can't Hear Party Chat on Twitch App, Xbox one Anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Hear Party Chat on Twitch App, Xbox one Anymore.: I am streamer along with another friend.We normally use the party chat and stream on twitch, so we knew the normal procedure to follow, which is ticking "include my audio" but when we tried to...
  6. Can't Hear Party Chat on Twitch App, Xbox one Anymore.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Hear Party Chat on Twitch App, Xbox one Anymore.: I am streamer along with another friend.We normally use the party chat and stream on twitch, so we knew the normal procedure to follow, which is ticking "include my audio" but when we tried to...
  7. Xbox Party Chat Can't Hear Anyone But They Can Hear Me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat Can't Hear Anyone But They Can Hear Me: Couple months ago this started where party chat I can't hear anyone but they hear me, in-game chats like squads for Battlefield 5 work just fine just not party chat. Tried everything we could...
  8. Can't talk or hear in the party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't talk or hear in the party?: Joining the party no problem but hearing and talking in the party is a problem. Started when I turn my Xbox on 16/12/20, whenever I join a party I instantly just me and the people's Gamertags. I...
  9. New wireless headset, I can hear party, but they can't hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New wireless headset, I can hear party, but they can't hear me.: I just got a new wireless headset, it works on different accounts on my Xbox and other xboxes but it won't work for my account. I can hear everyone in the party but they can't hear me. I went to...
  10. Xbox series X - party/game chat. Game volume is deafening and unable to hear friends. Can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X - party/game chat. Game volume is deafening and unable to hear friends. Can't...: Hi everyone, My game chat is so loud in my headset, that I can't hear the people in my party chat. I have an xbox headset adaptor where you can turn game volume down and chat volume up but it...