Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11

Discus and support Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear all, hello, I've just built my new pc and installed a fresh version of Windows 11 PRO in it. After finishing all the necessary stuff needed for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xtrmsnpr, Apr 18, 2022.

1. xtrmsnpr
    xtrmsnpr Guest

Dear all,

hello, I've just built my new pc and installed a fresh version of Windows 11 PRO in it.

After finishing all the necessary stuff needed for my pc, i've decided to finally play some game through my gamepass subscription.
    I am login in to this pc via my windows credentials, not just a local user.
    I have set the default app location on the D drive just for the rest of the apps, actually for everything got sellected to be on D.

I've chosen the default folder through the settings of the xbox app ( drive: C ) but the app is still asking me to choose a drive while choosing to download any game, although it has plenty of free space ( 560GB ). I'm choosing the 2nd drive ( D ) but I can't still download any game from the xbox app as it keeps asking me to without actually showing any drive in the box to choose, just prompting me to go to the xbox app settings an choose a default drive.

I've given permissions to my user account, I'm the single user of this pc and administrator of it, but with no luck.
    ( on windows 10 i've never faced any issues like this).

Any advice please?
    Thank you in advance.

Terpandros

I am attaching 2 screenshots if it helps
    Xbox app settings screenshot

Choose a drive screenshot

:)

xtrmsnpr, Apr 18, 2022
  2. xtrmsnpr Win User

Thank you for your quick reply, I appreciated.

I've tried everything you are mentioned, but with no luck.

Refreshing/restoring windows seems totally wrong move, since i've formatted my pc only yesterday.

Isn't there any other solution?
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

xtrmsnpr, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Unfortunately, this problem has been occurring with several users recently, there is no proper procedure to solve this particular problem yet, but there are procedures that work in some cases. But we believe it's a momentary glitch of the app itself. :/

Also, this seems to be happening for those, in majority, who are participating of windows gaming on insiders HUB

I will leave the procedures below for you to try:

So, let's try this (IF YOU"RE PART OF WINDOWS GAMING ON INSIDERS HUB):

Unroll your account from the program, then, reinstall the Xbox app, and then try again.

If that doesn't work:

Make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for the Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
  4. brandyballoon Win User

Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

Are you sure? Windows 11 on ARM can run x86 apps. The problem only happens with paid content being installed via the Xbox app, and normally paid games that are included with a subscription. The error occurs at the start of the download, as if it fails when it's trying to verify if it's been purchased or not.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Already join the xbox insider but game pass still not available

try resetting or deleting the xbox app then re install, and check for any app updates via the windows store.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox key work on PC?

you can download via your download history on the windows store, or if windows 11 from the xbox app.
Thema:

1. Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11 - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Tried to install Hitman Trilogy from Game Pass, download errored, now can't cancel it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried to install Hitman Trilogy from Game Pass, download errored, now can't cancel it: I tried to install the Hitman Trilogy from Game Pass but a Windows Update caused a restart mid-download. I now cannot cancel individual parts (It downloads Hitman 3 and each level in the trilogy...
  3. Can't change game installation location

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change game installation location: Hello, I've built a new PC and I am currently trying to install MSFS using Xbox app. However I cannot select the disk I want to install to. The only option is Disk C. I've already tried everything...
  4. Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC: Hello, I tried installing a game on my laptop through the xbox app but due to system updates my laptop kept resetting. The game install had just kept pausing and continuing through this until it...
  5. Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17): I was installed The Forbidden City last night and was really enjoying it apart from a couple times when it locked up and crashed unexpectedly. The main issue I'm having now, though, is with the...
  6. I can't install minecraft on my pc after buying the game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install minecraft on my pc after buying the game pass: This is what comes up after trying to install [img] ff36744f-2ddd-42a7-9ca7-a0a21308849b
  7. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices: I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is my best bet for now I guess :-/ There seems...
  8. Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11: About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the app and then went to play something else....
  9. Game will not install and says it can't see compatible devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game will not install and says it can't see compatible devices: [img] The Microsoft store doesn't display any errors messages or clearly displayed issues, But I've recently tried to install "Secret Neighbor" through the store but the my cursor becomes a...
  10. Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox one with game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox one with game pass ultimate: Says game is not compatible, failed to install. I thought as of March 1st, 2022, Microsoft Flight Simulator would install on Xbox one... b21af772-1fcb-4159-bdaf-bfd5419c4804