Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore.

Discus and support Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of Win 10 pro. Now the Xbox app can't see the games installed on drive D. I also can't change the default drive due to an error.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ChristianPalmroos, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

1. Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore.

I did a fresh install of Win 10 pro. Now the Xbox app can't see the games installed on drive D. I also can't change the default drive due to an error. I have already tried the access controls in the security options. No luck. Is formatting the drive my
    only option?

Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore. [​IMG]

Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore. [​IMG]

:)

ChristianPalmroos, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:32 AM
  2. ChristianPalmroos Win User

I can't even delete. Says I don't have permissions. I have done all the security tab actions to gain permissions but it's a mess and doesn't work :D
  3. cruisader1 Win User

hi. if if havent already uninstall the app and reinstall it.

this also may be a storage issue so check you one drive space
  4. ChristianPalmroos Win User

Reinstalling doesn't help.

What has One drive have to do with this?? The Drives I'm trying to install to have ample space though. But also, the games are already installed. They won't show in app anymore in addition to not being able to install any new stuff.
  5. Mantelis92 Win User

Funny enough I reinstalled my windows couple days ago too and ran into the same issue. My solution might not work for you, but I simply deleted the files and downloaded the games again. The save files are usually stored into cloud anyways (unless you specifically
    did not save there) so as soon as I downloaded the games I could just jump right in to them as if nothing has changed.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

First of all I feel I must apologise for the the poor replies you've had to your question. I've noticed a trend lately where some so called 'Ambassadors' reply with either a generic reply or a response that is incorrect. My guess is they aren't PC users
    and are just guessing at an answer. Either way I will taking this up with those that run the program.

Right, that out of the way, down to a fix:

As you've noticed, Xbox Game Pass (and Windows Store) does things differently to your typical PC download service like Steam, Origin, GoG etc. Windows Store (Xbox App actually uses the Windows Store to download content) installs all games and apps to a folder
    called 'WindowsApps'. This file is protected and encrypted. Even changing ownership won't fully unlock it. Which means that with a new Windows install (yes I know it's crazy) or a different PC, you can't simply add your games again. To play your games again
    you need to download them again.

Now, if you already have a WindowsApps folder on your D:\ drive, you'll need to remove it. Deleting it inside Windows 10 is problematic.

There are two ways that work:

1. Format the drive - this is not a great option though as you'll lose everything unless you back it up. This could take hours. So this is a last resort.

2. Get hold of a spare USB Flash drive (8GB should do) and
    create a bootable Linux drive
    . Boot Ubuntu from the Flash drive. Navigate to your Windows Apps folder on the D:\ Drive (I don't think Ubunto will call it D:\ though) and delete the folder (Linux doesn't care about protected Windows files).

3. Remove the flash drive and restart your PC. If the folder is gone, you can now set D:\ as a default Windows Store install drive again.
Thema:

1. Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore. - Similar Threads - Can't install anymore

2. i can't re install an unninstalled game (pre ordered)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't re install an unninstalled game (pre ordered): hi, i hope someone can help me with this: i pre ordered spongebob battle for bikini bottom rehydrated two months ago, but today when i tried to play it, i received this message "To play this,...
  3. Can't install owned game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install owned game: When I bought my Xbox it came with a code for Halo: Master Chief Collection. I installed it played it for a while then uninstalled it for more space. I recently bought a storage device but now it...
  4. Can't install normal version of the minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install normal version of the minecraft bedrock edition: So after the minecon last year I enrolled in the minecraft insider beta program to see what the new skin customizer looked like. After that I just kinda left it there not playing it. And now I...
  5. I can't install games from Xbox app on my pc. Error code: 0x80073cfc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install games from Xbox app on my pc. Error code: 0x80073cfc: I've had this problem for quite a while. When I want to install even a simplest game, I get this error, I don't really know what's happening. The download stays at 0% with this error and when I...
  6. XBox Game Bar can't install can't capture video

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Game Bar can't install can't capture video: First I can't capture videos now I've reset game bar and it's just gone from my apps?? I can't even reinstall it. Plz can someone help 9628b612-d613-4f68-90fc-5a0af03a31be
  7. Can't install Sea of Thieves from Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Sea of Thieves from Xbox app: Hi everyone, I have recently installed the Xbox app to use Xbox Game Pass and have downloaded some games with no problems. However, when I attempted to install Sea of Thieves onto my computer, it...
  8. Can't install games to external sd card anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games to external sd card anymore: I'll make this as clear as possible. >I have Game Pass Ultimate >I had previously installed Age of empires 2 DE and Halo MCC to my external sd card (im on a surface book 2) >everything was fine...
  9. Can't install games anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games anymore: For some reason, suddenly every time I try to download a game it just stuck on 0% and after a few minuets I get a notifaction: "intsalltion stopped". There is no problem with the internet...
  10. NFL App: Can't install or update anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL App: Can't install or update anymore: Hi, Some days ago my Xbox one tried to install an NFL App update overnight but the installation process got stalled. Since then I can't install the app anymore. I've tried to remove the app and...