Can't install Forza Horizon 5

Discus and support Can't install Forza Horizon 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since i upgraded to windows 11 i haven't been able to install forza horizon 5, any other xbox game pass game works but forza simply doesn't want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Transporter2_2, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Can't install Forza Horizon 5

Since i upgraded to windows 11 i haven't been able to install forza horizon 5, any other xbox game pass game works but forza simply doesn't want to install. I tried everything networking related, i repaired the windows store, reinstalled xbox app, and a ton more stuff and nothing fixed it.

I get the error code 0x87e00017.

:)

Transporter2_2, Nov 23, 2021
  2. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

Hi, I'm lvnley and this is what helped me and got Forza to download!
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  3. Robby Sayles Win User

what is the best free game available at the min on Xbox ?

I am really loving Forza Horizon 4, and can't to see "hopefully" Horizon 5.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Can't install Forza Horizon 5.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MrGhostTheII, so, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date, Windows 10 21H2 last Updates. and check if all Xbox

Apps are upatded on Microsoft Store.

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

And then thy the procedure below:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11

5. Nursemorph Win User

I take it you have the required amount of free space on your hard drive? Just asking as that error code sometimes can be that. Have you tried installing on a different drive, assuming you have a second drive?

Having said that, Horizon 5 does seem to have it's issues when it comes to Windows 11...I am fairly certain I have seen install issues on the Forza forum a few times so may be worth looking and/or posting there:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_topics130_Support-Issues.aspx
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Transporter2_2, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

If you're using Windows 11:

Thema:

1. Can't install Forza Horizon 5 - Similar Threads - Can't install Forza

2. Can't install Forza Horizon 5.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Forza Horizon 5.: Hello,I've bought Forza Horizon 5 like 2 hours ago and i can't install it.I didn't had this issue but i fixed the first one and i have another one and its code:0x80070057 and i tried to fix this...
  3. Can't install forza horizon 5 (and other games) on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install forza horizon 5 (and other games) on my pc: Hi, i reinstalled windows from ground and tried to download the game, it doesn't work, i tried with different games and it works with some but not all, it keeps sending the same error all over...
  4. Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on PC through Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on PC through Xbox Game Pass: Hi, Wondering if anyone recently had similar issues - I can't seem to be able to install Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. I have Xbox Game Pass, was able to install it in the past (probably had it...
  5. Can't install fresh version of Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install fresh version of Forza Horizon 5: Hello. I have a problem with my Forza Horizon 5. I bought this game yesterday from website "www.g2a.com", and insert code corectly, so i have game on Microsoft Store in my "bookshelf", but when i...
  6. Can't install Forza Horizon 5 on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Forza Horizon 5 on PC: Hey, I'm trying to install FH5 on PC with a recently bought gamepass. As soon as I press install on FH5 from the Xbox App I get an error code 0x00000000. Same thing with microsoft store...
  7. Can't install Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Forza Horizon 5: I've tried downloading it on Microsoft Store and the Xbox app. On the store pressing "install" does absolutely nothing and on the Xbox app it says " error 0 % there was a problem installing"...
  8. Can't Install Forza Horizon 5 on pc via Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Install Forza Horizon 5 on pc via Windows: I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 since launch and have only had problems with crashing. Tonight I get on to play it and it won't launch. Like at all. I double click the icon, run as...
  9. Can't install Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Forza Horizon 5: Hello i wanted to install forza 5 i clicked on install and selected my ssd where i want to install the game but nothing happens ca0c2cb3-9fa4-420a-b231-e5b8d69644f7
  10. Can't install Forza Horizon 5 on PC via Microsoft's store/xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Forza Horizon 5 on PC via Microsoft's store/xbox app: So I bought the game and installed it. i had an error that wouldn't let me play so i uninstallad in order to reinstall. when i tried to reinstall it kept giving me an Error. this error Code:...