Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC

Discus and support Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot install Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, or Sunset Overdrive, I get the same error every time. Code: 0x80073CF9 I've reset the store app,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DapperHamper, Oct 12, 2019.

1. DapperHamper
    DapperHamper Guest

I cannot install Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, or Sunset Overdrive, I get the same error every time. Code: 0x80073CF9

I've reset the store app, updated windows, ran wsreset.exe in elevated cmd, ensured my region was approved for the beta, cleared the windows store cache, deleted all cache in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, ran the windows update and security troubleshooter,
    and uninstalled/re-installed the windows store, still nothing.

:)

DapperHamper, Oct 12, 2019
  2. ItsCheesy Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

I cancelled the xbox game pass and bought the pc beta and I still can't install the game, it also isn't letting me uninstall the xbox companion as well as install the new one.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Cant instal games on PC with XBOX Ultimate Pass

Have you installed the Game Pass PC Beta app?
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

What do I need for xbox game pass ?

Now it all depends on what you are gaming on. If you are only using a PC, you will only need Game Pass PC (beta) Your PC will need to be running the latest Windows 10 update of 1903. If it can't install, then your PC doesn't meet the minimum standard.

If you are gaming on a console, signing up for Game Pass Ultimate is the cheapest option, as it gives you Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one cheaper package, with the bonus of Game Pass PC (beta) thrown in.

You will need a valid payment method (as stated) credit/debit card etc for the reoccurring monthly payments.
  5. «ΛC» ДngyonЭ 1 Win User

"Games with Gold" free games every month

Thanks for the reply. so if I switch from Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) which costs less and is oriented only to PC players, if I install a game from the catalog and this game also has multiplayer I cannot play multiplayer with
    the only Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) ? it seems absurd ..... -.-"
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Dapper,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue and for marking the answer.
    We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
Thema:

1. Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC - Similar Threads - Can't install Game

2. I can't install a purchased game from the Microsoft store.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install a purchased game from the Microsoft store.: I purchased a minecraft game today , it's been a few hours since my purchase but I'm not able to install the game . It still hasn't appeared in the "ready to install" section . My purchase appears...
  3. Can't install apps and games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install apps and games.: I recently tried to install new apps onto my Xbox from the store and found that once the installation started after seconds it would stop. I tried everything to fix it but everytime the...
  4. Can't Install Grounded (Xbox Game pass) and get Error during Preparing Install.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Install Grounded (Xbox Game pass) and get Error during Preparing Install.: Hello everyone. I have a problem Install the game. Last day I was able to play normally. but today I can't play, so I uninstall it and get this error. I don't know why. P.S. Sorry for english...
  5. Can't get the game I redeemed with a code to install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get the game I redeemed with a code to install.: I bought a code for Shadow of War: Definitive edition and it did not redeem on the xbox store. I went on to the microsoft store website on mobile and redeemed it there. It is now owned under my...
  6. Can't install on secondary drive [Xbox Game App PC]

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install on secondary drive [Xbox Game App PC]: Before random "ambassador" answers: 1) secondary drive is NTFS 2) I have selected my secondary drive under Xbox Game Pass App's settings 3) I have new apps selected to be installed under...
  7. Xbox Game Pass - Can't install Yakuza Kiwami 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass - Can't install Yakuza Kiwami 2: Hi fellas, few weeks ago i bought a xbox Gamepad wich also included a 4 Week xbox Gamepass Code. I don't have a xbox console so I Activated the Gamepass code with my xbox app on Windows 10. So...
  8. Can't install games on the Xbox (beta) app for PC (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install games on the Xbox (beta) app for PC (Windows 10): Hello, I recently did a reformat of my pc and I installed a few games to my main C:// hard drive and today i went to pre-install Microsoft Flight Simulator and tried to select my other hdd since...
  9. i can't install games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't install games: Hi I'm an xbox enthusiast (now I have an xbox one x and an xbox one s) after the first days of august the xbox one x started not installing most of the games giving installation stopped (updates...
  10. Xbox Beta App - Can't change drive onto which install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App - Can't change drive onto which install games: That is: I can change the drive - but only if I change the drive, onto which each and every Windows program will be installed from that point forward, which is definitely not what I'm looking for....