Can't Install Games on PC with Game Pass (using MS Store or Xbox app)

Discus and support Can't Install Games on PC with Game Pass (using MS Store or Xbox app) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am no longer able to install most game pass games on my PC. I've already called support and filed a bug report via the app. The support guy I talked... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aer_United, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Can't Install Games on PC with Game Pass (using MS Store or Xbox app)

I am no longer able to install most game pass games on my PC. I've already called support and filed a bug report via the app.

The support guy I talked to was very helpful, and mentioned that there are certain games that have distinct licenses that GamePass sometime fails to properly recognize (like the Master Chief Collection), while other games don't have the same kind of restrictive license (Sea of Thieves, Forza 7) both of which I can install with no issue.

The strange thing is, I had already successfully downloaded MCC on my computer, and shortly afterward updated to to Windows version 20H2 (not sure if that's relevant, but whatever). A week or so later, MCC had an update patch which I tried to get, but which failed, giving me an 0x80070141 error. I uninstalled MCC, thinking maybe it had become corrupted, but after that, couldn't install it again, same error. Started digging through every troubleshooting site I could find, nothing worked, and eventually I called up support.

He walked me through a number of things, including checking net user administrator settings, and eventually we tried reverting to Windows version 2004 and repeating the same steps, but none of it worked. The last thing he suggested was that I reformat the drive that I am attempting to install these games to, but I have no desire to repopulate the terabyte of content that is already on that drive.

Anyone else seen anything like this? It's super frustrating to be paying for a service that doesn't let me access the content I'd like to access unless I perform a super invasive procedure on my hardware. Woof.

submitted by /u/Aer_United
    [link] [comments]

/u/Aer_United, Oct 21, 2020
  2. kRevali Win User

xbox game pass ultimate

3. CkZA Win User

Age of Empires II Definitive not downloading.

I went and got a game pass - I can see the fact that I am allowed to download AoE2 via the MS Store webpage. But once I click install it opens the store app on my windows PC and says it's not available.

Xbox Game App (beta) doesn't even show the game under search.
  4. SgtM4DMAXX Win User

Microsoft GamePass me crea un archivo caché de 55Gb en C: al instalar Gears Of War Ultimate Edition en el disco D:

I translate your Message do the same with my....

did you use the Xbox Game Pass Beta App on your PC?

i got a similar Error on this App... i installed and play Fallout 76

After Playing that awesome game i see that the installations Files from fallout isnt delete....

there was in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps a folder with all Installation Files form Microsoft Store and Game Pass App...

after this i reset all of it delete the Game pass App and now use just the store

maybe its a similar Error?

Under this you see a Post from a similar Error...

if the Data from Gears is save as System Data you need to start the pc in Security Modus and then delete it (Attention Game will delete too

Copied from German Post that help me out:

1. Uninstall the Xbox Beta app

2. Uninstall Xbox Console Companion

3. Reboot

4. Gaming Services App -> Advanced Options -> Repair, Reset, Exit

5. Empty the MS Store cache (Start -> enter "wsreset", start the displayed program as administrator, wait until

the store opens

6. Start Powershell as admin and enter / copy the following:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

confirm and then enter the following:

start ms-windows-store: // pdp /? productid = 9MWPM2CQNLHN

To confirm.

The MS Store is called up and the Gaming Services App is displayed -> Install

7. Reboot

8. IMPORTANT: Install the relevant Games Pass game from the store library ->

On the store page: three dots in the top right corner -> My Library-> Xbox Game Pass
  5. SilentJay76 Win User

5 year old uninstalled almost all my games

That's quite an impressive feat for someone who presumably can't even read yet. :)

But yeah, as others have already said - just go to "My games & apps" on your Home page and re-install your games from the "Ready to install" tab. Or you could remote install them from the MS store page on your PC or mobile. (Or the Game Pass app, if you
    have Game Pass.)

You might also want to check out Settings -> Account -> Family settings
  6. Buachaill Dona Win User

Games doesn't launch with xbox game pass for PC

Hi there,

The only thing I could suggest is to see if installing the games from the MS store website or MS store app instead of the Xbox Beta app. As the Gamepass PC app is still in beta and that might be the issue.
Thema:

Can't Install Games on PC with Game Pass (using MS Store or Xbox app)

1. Can't Install Games on PC with Game Pass (using MS Store or Xbox app) - Similar Threads - Can't Install Games

2. Can't install Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition on Game Pass PC (0x80242020)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition on Game Pass PC (0x80242020): Hi there, First of all, I apologise for my English, I'm French. I've downloaded several games in the past on the Game Pass with no problem, but for two weeks now I'm trying to download/install...
  3. Can't install any xbox game pass games on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install any xbox game pass games on pc: I've had this problem for a while now and have tried many things to fix it, but not one of them have worked. 31ce5b3b-084c-406e-b04d-07c4a839b84e
  4. Error 0x80070057, can't install any PC games, can only play a few currently installed

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070057, can't install any PC games, can only play a few currently installed: Seemingly randomly, I've suddenly been unable to download games using the Xbox/Windows Store on PC. Furthermore, only some games I have installed will launch. For instance, Vambrace: Cold Soul...
  5. I can't install games onto my PC using the Xbox game pass app on my iPhone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install games onto my PC using the Xbox game pass app on my iPhone: It says it all in the title really. I've tried the method they have posted but it still does not work. I can get games to install on my Xbox using this method, but for some reason, it does not...
  6. Can't install Xbox Game Pass app on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox Game Pass app on Windows 10: Hi, I can't install the app on my computer. I download the XboxInstaller.exe file, I launch it, I start the installation but the loading bar stops at 30% and doesn't move at all after that. What...
  7. Can't locate or install game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't locate or install game: I tried to install The Long Dark but it doesn't appear in my owned games and when I look at the store it says I need to buy it but I've bought it already e553d3f1-ed1b-458c-8aa1-bdcb71fe011c
  8. Why Can't I Install Xbox Game Bar From the Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Install Xbox Game Bar From the Microsoft Store?: So I removed Xbox Game Bar with Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage and now when I try reinstalling it in the Microsoft Store it says Acquiring License... and then...
  9. I can't install/dowload Age of Empires III from game pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install/dowload Age of Empires III from game pass for PC: I can't install/Download Age of Empires III from game pass for PC. It says "Error" and when I click "see error details" it says "Something unexpected happened" and gives me this error code Code:...
  10. None of my gamepass PC games will play, and I can't install any new ones

in XBoX on Windows
    None of my gamepass PC games will play, and I can't install any new ones: I've tried restarting, logging out and back in, resetting the game, turning off virus protection, and other things I've read it forums but nothing works for me. I will always get the 0x803F8001...