Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation

Discus and support Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Two games I was quite excited for were canceled mid-install because I needed to test a game after multiple PC reboots and was tired of constantly... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sacurason, Jul 18, 2019.

1. /u/Sacurason
    /u/Sacurason Guest

Two games I was quite excited for were canceled mid-install because I needed to test a game after multiple PC reboots and was tired of constantly pausing the automatically resuming downloads every time I opened the app.

Now, when I click the install button on Metro Exodus, the game appears in the list for a split second, the install button becomes the "Preparing" dialogue, and then disappears.

I think it has something to do with how the app re-initializes installs, because I was able to get Wolfenstein II working. For that title, the same issue happened, but it took maybe half a second before the dialogue disappeared. In that half second I was able to quickly click the "X" button and the "Yes" to the "Are you sure?" prompt.

Then, upon installing Wolfenstein II, it installed properly. For Metro Exodus, I can't get to the button fast enough to use that workaround. What are my options here?

I've tried clearing Temp files through Windows 10 settings, killing Xbox processes and process trees, and doing reboots/hard shutdowns. Found the Deep Silver folder in Windows Apps/Resources and deleted it, no dice. Mashing the install button eventually just soft locks the application (it turns into a blank grey box). Also, I did confirm that it is only an issue for those two games.

Digging into the Windows Apps folders to see if there are any remains of Metro Exodus in there, but either they're well hidden or I don't know where to look to delete them. Or they don't exist and it's some other type of bug.

If anyone else has figured this out or has suggestions, an assist would be greatly appreciated! And if it helps Microsoft catch a bug, that'd be cool too. Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation ;)

Video of issue: https://youtu.be/zMwpJ99fJgA

submitted by /u/Sacurason
    [link] [comments]

/u/Sacurason, Jul 18, 2019
  2. vSyrr Win User

The game 'Apex Legends' doesn't finish downloading and comes up with 'installation stopped'? What should I do?

Same thing happened to me when i was trying to download BO3, the way i figured out around this problem is just to cancel the whole download, go to the Microsoft store, go to the game you were just previously trying to download, then install it again.
    Should go past the Pause Installation part and be able to download fully.
  3. Mister Maka Win User

Failure to Install, tried everything

Hey there Phazer0nest!

When you tried an offline install did you completely cancel the install before going offline? If it was still mid installation when you disconnected your console it's worth cancelling it completely. If you're still having troubles, can you check to make
    sure the disc doesn't have any scratches or cracks on it? If you have a friend with an Xbox One, see if you're able to install your disc on their console.

Let us know how it goes :)
  4. choppyseize Win User

Uninstalled games

Hi,

Were you playing the trial previously? You may need to uninstall, clear local saved games and then install again
  5. ItsCheesy Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

I cancelled the xbox game pass and bought the pc beta and I still can't install the game, it also isn't letting me uninstall the xbox companion as well as install the new one.
  6. Geth Win User

Can't cancel broken installation

Fully remove the game. Saved data and all.

Power cycle the console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

Restart the console and reinstall the game.
Thema:

1. Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation - Similar Threads - Can't Install Games

2. Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program: The post is split up into two parts, PART A is for the issues around installing certain games. PART B is for trying to leave the preview program. PART A. Hello, I'm having issues with...
  3. No puedo instalar un juego que Microsoft facturó y cobró!!! [I can't install a game that...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No puedo instalar un juego que Microsoft facturó y cobró!!! [I can't install a game that...: Hola, necesito ayuda, hace poco compre Red Dead Redemption 2 edición especial en descuento al usar la suscripción ultimate, mi ultimate ha caducado, pero aunque compré el juego no me deja...
  4. Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore.: I did a fresh install of Win 10 pro. Now the Xbox app can't see the games installed on drive D. I also can't change the default drive due to an error. I have already tried the access controls in...
  5. i can't re install an unninstalled game (pre ordered)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't re install an unninstalled game (pre ordered): hi, i hope someone can help me with this: i pre ordered spongebob battle for bikini bottom rehydrated two months ago, but today when i tried to play it, i received this message "To play this,...
  6. Can't install owned game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install owned game: When I bought my Xbox it came with a code for Halo: Master Chief Collection. I installed it played it for a while then uninstalled it for more space. I recently bought a storage device but now it...
  7. I can't install games from Xbox app on my pc. Error code: 0x80073cfc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install games from Xbox app on my pc. Error code: 0x80073cfc: I've had this problem for quite a while. When I want to install even a simplest game, I get this error, I don't really know what's happening. The download stays at 0% with this error and when I...
  8. XBox Game Bar can't install can't capture video

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Game Bar can't install can't capture video: First I can't capture videos now I've reset game bar and it's just gone from my apps?? I can't even reinstall it. Plz can someone help 9628b612-d613-4f68-90fc-5a0af03a31be
  9. Can't install any game pass related game on PC "ERROR Something unexpected happened"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install any game pass related game on PC "ERROR Something unexpected happened": 1. I've fully updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10. 2. I've reinstalled the Xbox Companion App, Xbox Beta App, Microsoft store 3. Reset the microsoft store. 4. Restarted my...
  10. I can't install or update games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install or update games: Hello , I'm trying to install Black desert it just freezes on 2.6% and says installation stopped , but when I check bandwidth usage it says that my xbox is downloading and using internet,Tried...