Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation

Discus and support Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Two games I was quite excited for were canceled mid-install because I needed to test a game after multiple PC reboots and was tired of constantly... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sacurason, Jul 18, 2019.

1. /u/Sacurason
    /u/Sacurason Guest

Two games I was quite excited for were canceled mid-install because I needed to test a game after multiple PC reboots and was tired of constantly pausing the automatically resuming downloads every time I opened the app.

Now, when I click the install button on Metro Exodus, the game appears in the list for a split second, the install button becomes the "Preparing" dialogue, and then disappears.

I think it has something to do with how the app re-initializes installs, because I was able to get Wolfenstein II working. For that title, the same issue happened, but it took maybe half a second before the dialogue disappeared. In that half second I was able to quickly click the "X" button and the "Yes" to the "Are you sure?" prompt.

Then, upon installing Wolfenstein II, it installed properly. For Metro Exodus, I can't get to the button fast enough to use that workaround. What are my options here?

I've tried clearing Temp files through Windows 10 settings, killing Xbox processes and process trees, and doing reboots/hard shutdowns. Found the Deep Silver folder in Windows Apps/Resources and deleted it, no dice. Mashing the install button eventually just soft locks the application (it turns into a blank grey box). Also, I did confirm that it is only an issue for those two games.

Digging into the Windows Apps folders to see if there are any remains of Metro Exodus in there, but either they're well hidden or I don't know where to look to delete them. Or they don't exist and it's some other type of bug.

If anyone else has figured this out or has suggestions, an assist would be greatly appreciated! And if it helps Microsoft catch a bug, that'd be cool too. Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation ;)

Video of issue: https://youtu.be/zMwpJ99fJgA

submitted by /u/Sacurason
    [link] [comments]

/u/Sacurason, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Install Games That Were Previously Cancelled Mid-Installation - Similar Threads - Can't Install Games

2. Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Game Pass beta games on PC: I cannot install Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, or Sunset Overdrive, I get the same error every time. Code: 0x80073CF9 I've reset the store app, updated windows, ran wsreset.exe in elevated...
  3. I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...: Hello everyone, I've just applied for the xbox game pass for pc ( bêta ) and like so man,y gamers, I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on the...
  4. IPSec VPN can't connect after installing XBOX Game Pass Desktop on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    IPSec VPN can't connect after installing XBOX Game Pass Desktop on Windows 10: I found an annoying bug. When I install the XBOX Game Pass Desktop app, my IPSec VPN connection is no longer able to connect. I checked it with uninstall and install again. Strange! Why XBOX Game...
  5. Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval: I have the latest versions of Windows and of Xbox for PC (beta). I tried almost every possible solution I found (except a fresh re-installation of windows 10) but to no avail. It seems to have...
  6. Can't Remote Install Games on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Remote Install Games on Xbox: I don't know why I'm unable to remote install games. On both the web and on the Game Pass app, my xbox is not showing up. I've followed every step on the "Installing games remotely to your Xbox...
  7. I can't install new games on XBOX Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install new games on XBOX Game Pass PC: Every time when i try to install Gears 5 or Age of Empires i click on the install button and Nothing happens. After i activated the Options on which hard drive the game should be installed, the...
  8. I can't install Xbox Game Pass for PC (error code "0x80244018")

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install Xbox Game Pass for PC (error code "0x80244018"): Hello. I got the latest Windows updates and am trying to install https://aka.ms/XboxInstaller but it doesn't work. I get the error code "0x80244018". I have tried for days now! I really want to...
  9. Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select any drive to install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select any drive to install games: While trying to install any games on Xbox Game Pass for PC, i am unavailable to select any of my drives to install the game. [img] I've tried several workarounds including going to...
  10. why can't I install a majority of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I install a majority of my games?: My Xbox refuses to install any of the games I Purchase Every time I want to install a game it ALWAYS stops, although apps have no problem installing. I can't think of a as to why this happens,...