Can't install pc game pass games using xbox beta app, have to go through the microsoft store

Discus and support Can't install pc game pass games using xbox beta app, have to go through the microsoft store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't install game pass pc games using the xbox beta app. It always says "Play game with game pass" as if I didn't have the subscription. I can only... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TH3 FIXXX3R, Jun 21, 2019.

1. TH3 FIXXX3R
    TH3 FIXXX3R Guest

Can't install pc game pass games using xbox beta app, have to go through the microsoft store

I can't install game pass pc games using the xbox beta app. It always says "Play game with game pass" as if I didn't have the subscription. I can only download games through the microsoft store...Any ideas?

:)

TH3 FIXXX3R, Jun 21, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

problème erreur 0x80080206 [Mod Translation-problem error 0x80080206]

Hi Yannis,

In order to install this game or any game from the Microsoft Store App, you will need to ensure your Windows 10 device is on a 1903 OS build or greater (Current 1909). The easiest way to ensure your PC is ready to go for this game and any other game
    that comes to Game Pass for PC is to install the Xbox (Beta) App with the steps posted here. This will force the PC to install
    an OS version that can run all Game Pass for PC games and allow users to easily find them inside the Xbox (Beta) App.

Let us know if you have the most recent OS build for Windows and the Xbox (Beta) App and try installing the game from the app as well.
  3. Smwutches Win User

accessing my Ultimate Game Pass

You can either just look up a game you're wanting to get that's on the pass in the store and download it from there, or there is a Game Pass area on the dashboard you can go through to see all of the games included and download them there.

If you're looking on the PC, you should be able to look them up through the Microsoft Store app or use the Xbox (beta) app.
  4. A Skilled Shot Win User

Game Pass on PC not working.

So on your PC you need to make sure the
    game pass ultimate account is signed into the
    Microsoft store app, You might want to try installing the
    xbox(beta) app
    on windows as well and try downloading from there.

Not all of the game pass games between Xbox and PC are the same, the xbox(beta) app will show you all the available and installed windows game pass games

US xbox(beta)

CAN xbox(beta)
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Game pass for PC

Hello cachorroalfa29,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are being asked to purchase Dead by Daylight even though you have an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription. We recommend making sure you are signed in to the Microsoft
    Store App, Xbox (beta) App and Xbox Console Companion App with the account that owns the subscription.
    Are you attempting to install the game from the Xbox (beta) App? Are you able to begin the installation when you try downloading the game from the Microsoft Store App? Is this issue occurring with any other Xbox Game Pass for PC games? Be sure
    to let us know the results cachorroalfa29!
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Fixxx3r,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. This is the case in this. The app is not used for installing game pass games, you need to go to the Microsoft store, or the

game pass site
    . You can look over the Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) FAQ.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Can't install pc game pass games using xbox beta app, have to go through the microsoft store - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox has trouble installing certain games & Xbox can't leave Insider program: The post is split up into two parts, PART A is for the issues around installing certain games. PART B is for trying to leave the preview program. PART A. Hello, I'm having issues with...
  3. No puedo instalar un juego que Microsoft facturó y cobró!!! [I can't install a game that...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No puedo instalar un juego que Microsoft facturó y cobró!!! [I can't install a game that...: Hola, necesito ayuda, hace poco compre Red Dead Redemption 2 edición especial en descuento al usar la suscripción ultimate, mi ultimate ha caducado, pero aunque compré el juego no me deja...
  4. Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install anymore. Gamepass app can't see games on drive anymore.: I did a fresh install of Win 10 pro. Now the Xbox app can't see the games installed on drive D. I also can't change the default drive due to an error. I have already tried the access controls in...
  5. i can't re install an unninstalled game (pre ordered)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't re install an unninstalled game (pre ordered): hi, i hope someone can help me with this: i pre ordered spongebob battle for bikini bottom rehydrated two months ago, but today when i tried to play it, i received this message "To play this,...
  6. Can't install owned game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install owned game: When I bought my Xbox it came with a code for Halo: Master Chief Collection. I installed it played it for a while then uninstalled it for more space. I recently bought a storage device but now it...
  7. I can't install games from Xbox app on my pc. Error code: 0x80073cfc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install games from Xbox app on my pc. Error code: 0x80073cfc: I've had this problem for quite a while. When I want to install even a simplest game, I get this error, I don't really know what's happening. The download stays at 0% with this error and when I...
  8. XBox Game Bar can't install can't capture video

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Game Bar can't install can't capture video: First I can't capture videos now I've reset game bar and it's just gone from my apps?? I can't even reinstall it. Plz can someone help 9628b612-d613-4f68-90fc-5a0af03a31be
  9. Can't install any game pass related game on PC "ERROR Something unexpected happened"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install any game pass related game on PC "ERROR Something unexpected happened": 1. I've fully updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10. 2. I've reinstalled the Xbox Companion App, Xbox Beta App, Microsoft store 3. Reset the microsoft store. 4. Restarted my...
  10. I can't install or update games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install or update games: Hello , I'm trying to install Black desert it just freezes on 2.6% and says installation stopped , but when I check bandwidth usage it says that my xbox is downloading and using internet,Tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install games on xbox beta pc