Can't install some games on a drive, but I can on others

Discus and support Can't install some games on a drive, but I can on others in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I go and try to download a game (In this case Gears of War 5), I am greeted with an option to install on what drive. I go to find my G: drive, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by woem, Jan 6, 2022.

1. woem
    woem Guest

When I go and try to download a game (In this case Gears of War 5), I am greeted with an option to install on what drive. I go to find my G: drive, but I can't find it. I just think "it's not a problem I can just find another game" (which also in this case Gears of War 4" and guess what, I CAN install it to my G: drive and I could also do that with Sea of Thieves, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Injustice 2, and Battlefield V, but not Just Cause 4, Halo Infinite, Doom Eternal, Dead by Daylight, Back 4 Blood, and other Triple-A type games. If anyone knows the solution to this, please tell me and others with this problem a solution. I am on PC, and I and looking at the All PC Games section of the Game Pass selection in the Xbox App. My G: drive is set to default. An explanation would be most appreciated, thanks for taking your time to read this, Happy New Year, thank you!

:)

woem, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

To my knowledge not all PC games can be installed on alternate drives. Quite a number of them do require to be installed on the C drive in order to work.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Not enough storage even though game is installed

Hi,

Note that game updates can only be installed on the drive where the game is, they can't go to other drives.

For example, game is installed on internal hard drive where there is only 5GB free but update is 6GB+. The game can't be updated because there isn't enough storage, even though there is plenty of free storage on external drive/s.

Solution, move this game or other games to the other drive. Update can now be applied.
  4. adrian2608 Win User

Xbox app wont install games on C drive, but on another without a problem.

It doesn't go about FORZA, it goes that now I can't install any game, no matter which on C drive, but on other drives, it's not a problem, I already installed FORZA on other drives, want FIFA, but I can't install it on C after the situation with FORZA, and reseted laptop. This is the case.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Gamepass game wont launch

You can move some items to the other drive in order to create room on your C drive to install the game
  6. onyxishere Win User

Can't copy game from DVD to HDD

What game are you trying to install? Some games can't be installed to the hard drive of the console?
Thema:

1. Can't install some games on a drive, but I can on others - Similar Threads - Can't install games

2. Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC: Hello, I tried installing a game on my laptop through the xbox app but due to system updates my laptop kept resetting. The game install had just kept pausing and continuing through this until it...
  3. Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change The Forbidden City Install Location on PC Game Pass (Error 0x80073b17): I was installed The Forbidden City last night and was really enjoying it apart from a couple times when it locked up and crashed unexpectedly. The main issue I'm having now, though, is with the...
  4. I can't install minecraft on my pc after buying the game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install minecraft on my pc after buying the game pass: This is what comes up after trying to install [img] ff36744f-2ddd-42a7-9ca7-a0a21308849b
  5. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices: I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is my best bet for now I guess :-/ There seems...
  6. Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11: About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the app and then went to play something else....
  7. Game will not install and says it can't see compatible devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game will not install and says it can't see compatible devices: [img] The Microsoft store doesn't display any errors messages or clearly displayed issues, But I've recently tried to install "Secret Neighbor" through the store but the my cursor becomes a...
  8. Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox one with game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox one with game pass ultimate: Says game is not compatible, failed to install. I thought as of March 1st, 2022, Microsoft Flight Simulator would install on Xbox one... b21af772-1fcb-4159-bdaf-bfd5419c4804
  9. Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11: Dear all, hello, I've just built my new pc and installed a fresh version of Windows 11 PRO in it. After finishing all the necessary stuff needed for my pc, i've decided to finally play some game...
  10. xbox game pass can't install game

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass can't install game: [img] Please Help can't choose any drive and install a game 9c947159-fd01-48fe-8829-7056eb263e2b